Sign in to follow this  

New Forums - Feedback thread

@Satine apparently this permanent solution is up and running? I haven't experienced this problem for a few days.

So is there a date yet as to when you guys are going to shut down these forums without notice and delete all the contyent like you always do after your games release?

BWX said:
So is there a date yet as to when you guys are going to shut down these forums without notice and delete all the contyent like you always do after your games release?
Who said there going to shut down these forums? and who said they get shut down after each game release? besides the only reason why the last forum was shut down was because the contract was ending and they didn't have time to move to a new supplier.

BWX said:
Who said there going to shut down these forums? and who said they get shut down after each game release? besides the only reason why the last forum was shut down was because the contract was ending and they didn't have time to move to a new supplier.
The thing is, it happend before that too. So I am just wondering if after some games are released, this forum will also shut down without warning. It does happen in a pattern if you didn't notice.

It's only shutdown once. The move from vBulletin to Lithium was advertised and as seamless as possible.

This is the third Codies racing games forum since the first GRID release.  The first and second forums were closed not belong before release of the next GRID game.  No provision was made to save, relocate or archive either one.

Frank

They were with vButtetin for a long time before going to Lithium, can you name the first forum?

Lmao, the vBulletin forums were closed about 10 months before GRID 2 was released, that's a long time before if you ask me. And I believe Codies do have archives from their old forums, we just don't have access which is very understandable.

RubyRuby said:
This is the third Codies racing games forum since the first GRID release.  The first and second forums were closed not belong before release of the next GRID game.  No provision was made to save, relocate or archive either one.

Frank
This is Codemasters very first forum and guess what? Its vBulletin! then they went to Lithium then Vanilla (Current)

@Satine Looking at the screenshot i posted can we have a birthday reminder down the bottom like from your old forums?

Been noticing that the forum isn't updating the main page with the recent posts anyone else notice this?

If anything it has got far worse for me now. It signs me out usually every 2 clicks.

Test......

Hmmm.. I haven't been signed out once. Weird.

@ couger1981:

My 17 May post referred only to Codies racing forums online since the 2008 GRID release, not the entire Codies forums history.  Thanks for the vBulletin info.  I couldn't recall it, just a mental image of that black background and yellow or white text in the GRID forum.  Never cared much for that color theme, but the forum itself was very active for a long time, helpful, informative, full of ideas for a GRID sequel.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

Still experiencing the sign out issue as well. Seems to happen more consistently, for me, when I try to open 2 or 3 tabs.

Need a fix for quoting please because if you quote someone and you press backspace when you type a word wrong the cursor will jump into the quoted post leaving you to exit back out and start over again.

Need a fix for quoting please because if you quote someone and you press backspace when you type a word wrong the cursor will jump into the quoted post leaving you to exit back out and start over again.
Agreed. Also, it seems that the sign out bug is fixed now..