Sign in to follow this  

New Forums - Feedback thread

Time for community mods even if it is just for deleting threads?
Yeah, I agree. I run a forum myself and I know that you can change permissions for certain members so they can me moderators for certain forums, and they can have certain capabilities.

@Satine Seems to be a issue with some of the badges like the Answer badge, i'm pretty sure ive got over 5 questions saying answered but not unlocking the badge? and the dedicated badges seems to be not working either.

I do not understand how some threads on the forum are listed as 'Answered' when they are clearly not. For example, there is a thread where the OP has posted saying he cannot sign into RaceNet on his PS3. A poster has replied saying he has the exact same problem, and the original OP then posted to ask another question. The thread is listed as 'Answered', so who decides this? Is it the OP? The forum? Mods?

I do not understand how some threads on the forum are listed as 'Answered' when they are clearly not. For example, there is a thread where the OP has posted saying he cannot sign into RaceNet on his PS3. A poster has replied saying he has the exact same problem, and the original OP then posted to ask another question. The thread is listed as 'Answered', so who decides this? Is it the OP? The forum? Mods?

I believe it's the OP that marks it as answered.
Think as soon there is a post the forum automatically lists it as answered.

Replying to a post older than the latest always sends my post to be moderated and it never shows. Anybody else having that problem?

Rapster said:
Replying to a post older than the latest always sends my post to be moderated and it never shows. Anybody else having that problem?
Think it does that to make sure your not spamming.

Having a bit of trouble. I got my new Nexus 7 today and it doesn't want to let me post here... I've tried 4 different browsers on it, one won't let me sign in, one will but I press the text box at the bottom of the page and nothing happens, and the other 2 the keyboard comes up and then just drops down again. 

Any advice?

Having a bit of trouble. I got my new Nexus 7 today and it doesn't want to let me post here... I've tried 4 different browsers on it, one won't let me sign in, one will but I press the text box at the bottom of the page and nothing happens, and the other 2 the keyboard comes up and then just drops down again. 

Any advice?
Did you get it sorted?

Hey guys, we've enabled a different text editor which should improve your mobile experience. It may mean that certain buttons have vanished or been merged with others, however all the functionality is still there via HTML if you can't find a button for it. If you would like to try this out and let us know how it is that would be great! Ta! :)

Any advice?
Did you get it sorted?

Just testing the new editor from my nexus and it seems to be OK for me. Let us know how you get on.

Any advice?
Did you get it sorted?

Just testing the new editor from my nexus and it seems to be OK for me. Let us know how you get on.

Unfortunately this new text editor has made the text box for pc too narrow and small with a light yellow background colour.

Any advice?
Did you get it sorted?

I'm on the 2012 Nexus everybody shares at work, but it seems to be great! Will test it on my own when I'm home but so far this is way better :D

Can you please fix the insert image option, there is no option to press ok or insert and if you press enter the picture doesn't show.

I find it horrible to have a wysiwyg editor for forums. It's like word. Doing bulls*ht in the background, that you don't want it to do, like...
changing fonts - but I see, these seem to be not available anymore. Still, why is the wysiwyg-editor in another font than the actual post/code-editor? Makes no sense, doesn't improve writing (too small and clumsy font) aaaand, actually, it is NOT wysiwyg per definition anymore. ^^

quotes - I see posts, where people quote someone and write IN that quote. So I don't know what they are talking about, cause taking apart the text in what was said and what was answered is a waste of time. It is hardly their fault, though. If there is no new line under a quote, it is not possible to get out of the quote anymore. You have to switch to the code-editor to write something after the quote in order to continue there. Hardly anyone would do that. 

I'm normally pretty pleased with forum improvements, but I'm finding a lot of faults with the new posting system.

It's good that it's easier to post from a tablet or mobile, but first of all, I'm getting double line breaks when I hit 'enter' on my keyboard, which is annoying when it comes to making a list, like in the Predictor game.

Also, the font when typing your post is Times New Roman, yet when you submit it, it turns to Arial. There is no way of changing font either, so it would be nice to have some other fonts. I really think Verdana would suit this forum. It's easier to read than Arial or Times New Roman and it looks good too.

I also think some of the icons could be clearer. I think the 'Attatch Image' icon should be changed to an image icon instead of a file, and the 'URL' button isn't clear either. Also, when you click on 'Toggle full page' on the right hand side, you cannot see the icons on the full screen. You can only see them by hovering over them.

@Satine @justbiglee I agree with @PeteTheduck can we have a option to change the font style and size?

Somethong MUST be done with not saving any progress on the online games and the players that get online and just cannot race and wreck peiple who invested time and game money on their cars and have to repair them because of  some people who can't respect the rules!

saxerrts said:

Somethong MUST be done with not saving any progress on the online games and the players that get online and just cannot race and wreck peiple who invested time and game money on their cars and have to repair them because of  some people who can't respect the rules!

You get that on the internet just lesrn to beat them.

I just had to PM Lee because I couldn't find this thread, then the one who's been away for donks bumps it the day after 

:'(