Sign in to follow this  

New Forums - Feedback thread

fIsince08 said:
I just had to PM Lee because I couldn't find this thread, then the one who's been away for donks bumps it the day after 

:'(

I wonder why they chose to un-sticky this thread..

mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:
I just had to PM Lee because I couldn't find this thread, then the one who's been away for donks bumps it the day after 

:'(

I wonder why they chose to un-sticky this thread..

They don't want to see all the complaining ;)

I'd like a option to 'hide' certain threads, for example the football thread or the Nascar thread, things i know i dont want to be looking at. Help clean up the page so its easier to see more interesting threads.

You can then have a 'hidden threads' section, to find and potentially unhide any threads that you change your mind on.

Would be a fairly simple addition id imagine, and one which would greatly enhance the enjoyment of this forum for me and im sure many others :)

Out of interest, how is the search for community moderators going? :p

Typing on the forums on my iPad today is painfully slow. The words are about three seconds behind when I actually type them out. This also means that there are some double spaces in places, so I 'm having to go back and edit them, and it's also putting in random full stops!

Also, I like to use my Apple Wireless Keyboard with the iPad, but I cannot type capital I, B or U without the forum changing my text to either italics, bold or underlined. It's a tad annoying and if this could be fixed, that would be sweet

You know the forum badges, well there are three which are 'Dedicated to F1', 'Dedicated to GRID' and 'Dedicated to DiRT'. Any chance you could add a 'Dedicated to Off-Topic' badge too?! :p

Nah, but on a serious note, I think the badges are cool and I've just looked back when the forum first started and Loore said:

'As for badges, we've got a lot more planned. The idea was we wouldn't go overboard right at the start but gradually add them over time. Badges aren't all automatic either, we do have the ability to grant people badges based on their behaviour (good or bad...) so you won't be able to abuse the system.'

I haven't seen any new badges added since the start, so I was wondering whether these will be added at some point? 

You know the forum badges, well there are three which are 'Dedicated to F1', 'Dedicated to GRID' and 'Dedicated to DiRT'. Any chance you could add a 'Dedicated to Off-Topic' badge too?! :p

Nah, but on a serious note, I think the badges are cool and I've just looked back when the forum first started and Loore said:

'As for badges, we've got a lot more planned. The idea was we wouldn't go overboard right at the start but gradually add them over time. Badges aren't all automatic either, we do have the ability to grant people badges based on their behaviour (good or bad...) so you won't be able to abuse the system.'

I haven't seen any new badges added since the start, so I was wondering whether these will be added at some point? 
I guess when the forum gets out of Beta?, i asked the question why haven't any of the dedicated badges been awarded since the start of the forum and the mods said that they only award them for your helpfulness in the forums.
So i guess those groups of people who got the dedicated badges when the forum opened were all helpful at the same time lol

I guess when the forum gets out of Beta?, i asked the question why haven't any of the dedicated badges been awarded since the start of the forum and the mods said that they only award them for your helpfulness in the forums.
So i guess those groups of people who got the dedicated badges when the forum opened were all helpful at the same time lol
Maybe when the forum isn't beat, but awarded for being helpful, I don't agree completely. Looking at those on the 'Dedicated to DiRT' list, they deserve to be there as they are on the DiRT forums all the time, looking at gossip, discussing the game, adding ideas, etc.

Meanwhile look at the 'Dedicated to F1' list, and you have Tiametmarduk. Yes he has done very well on. YouTube, but he's only posted 5 times, and not since the 6th April, just 4 days after these forums opened. Same story with that aarava guy. 

There's a lot of people who stick around on the F1 Game forums, yes a lot of them are unhelpful and whine, but there are some who are very helpful yet haven't been rewarded yet.

Maybe when the forum isn't beat, but awarded for being helpful, I don't agree completely. Looking at those on the 'Dedicated to DiRT' list, they deserve to be there as they are on the DiRT forums all the time, looking at gossip, discussing the game, adding ideas, etc.

Meanwhile look at the 'Dedicated to F1' list, and you have Tiametmarduk. Yes he has done very well on. YouTube, but he's only posted 5 times, and not since the 6th April, just 4 days after these forums opened. Same story with that aarava guy. 

There's a lot of people who stick around on the F1 Game forums, yes a lot of them are unhelpful and whine, but there are some who are very helpful yet haven't been rewarded yet.
Yeah seems the mods went crazy with the dedicated badges at the beginning and none being rewarded as of late (since the first week of the forum) and noticed a dirt forum person has only posted one comment and got rewarded straight away.

It would be nice if the height images are gonna use would be reserved, so the page doesn't keep expanding if you're reading somewhere at the bottom of the page, if you've got slow internet it can take a couple of seconds before all images are loaded, and in the mean time it's impossible to read anything if there are a lot of images. Also, the 'bookmark' to the first new post is only set on load, and because of the images loading later you can't keep track of which post it was.

I hope it's clear what I tried to say.

On the mainpage the latest posts in at least the DiRTy section of the forums don't show the correct thread and post.
It's happening all over the forum.

Yeah it's really odd. As I speak, the most recent thread in off-topic is in the Official Football Thread, but it says The Stuff Thread on the categories list.