Sign in to follow this  

New Forums - Feedback thread

laz1973 said:
why cant we have image sigs ? bit mad having a strip image from sig tick box when they arent even allowed
I think we can't have image's in our signatures 'cause it slows down forum browsing. :)

I've never had a problem on my own forum website as long as there are limits to the size of them.

Well that's what they said on the last forums, and the forums before that I believe so i'm just going off past history. :P

Satine said:
There is a spoiler tag: [spoiler]Use the [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags with no spaces [/spoiler]
Are there any other hints/tips that could possibly be added to a (closed) stickied thread?

Well that's what they said on the last forums, and the forums before that I believe so i'm just going off past history. :P

LOL that could be the case when the post number is high for each page reducing the number of posts per page reduces the loading times too lol.

SynGamer said:
Satine said:
There is a spoiler tag: [spoiler]Use the [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags with no spaces [/spoiler]
Are there any other hints/tips that could possibly be added to a (closed) stickied thread?
I'm adding things like this to the FAQ thread.

laz1973 said:
why cant we have image sigs ? bit mad having a strip image from sig tick box when they arent even allowed
We haven't enabled them for a few reasons:
  1. They do make pages bloated and slow to load
  2. It can make reading the actual content very difficult, especially if people use very large images
  3. This is an area prone to abuse ;)

Satine said:
laz1973 said:
We haven't enabled them for a few reasons:
  1. They do make pages bloated and slow to load
  2. It can make reading the actual content very difficult, especially if people use very large images
  3. This is an area prone to abuse ;)

I do understand but those things are easly fixed lol. Just asking anyway ;-) This is your forum, your rules and I'm cool with it.

Just an idea but I'd provide a link from the old Codemasters forum link which a lot of old members will still have bookmarked and be checking for the past 4-5 months only to still see the 'CURRENTLY OFFLINE' message.  Not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter.

Or even more radical, redirect them here automatically :)

Just an idea but I'd provide a link from the old Codemasters forum link which a lot of old members will still have bookmarked and be checking for the past 4-5 months only to still see the 'CURRENTLY OFFLINE' message.  Not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter.

What link in particular? The http://community.codemasters.com should redirect to the forums.

Nothing was changed earlier.  Only way I knew about it was after clicking on the facebook link and reading the announcement there.  I see it works now but didn't then so there..ner ner ;)

Loore said:

What link in particular? The http://community.codemasters.com should redirect to the forums.
I had something bookmarked that kept taking me to the maintenance page. I've updated my bookmark, can't remember what the original link was that I was using.

Good point regarding bookmarking. I periodically checked up here to see if the forums were back up. I got a screen saying the page could not be found with a different style to the old Lithiums with my old bookmark, so I assumed that they were back. It was by pure chance that I happened to check only a few hours after the forums went back online.

Nothing was changed earlier.  Only way I knew about it was after clicking on the facebook link and reading the announcement there.  I see it works now but didn't then so there..ner ner ;)
Ahhh, we'll blame DNS propergation for that, will have taken its time to get around to everyone :)

SynGamer said:
Satine said:
If you drop the URL of a tweet in a post it will embed the tweet
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/450698810088755200

and it works with YouTube and Vimeo videos too
http://vimeo.com/90589442

like this

Yay now we can complain if there are any bugs in F1 2013! Just kidding xD

It does look really nice though, you've done a great job CM!

I think Herby007 mentioned something like this earlier, but I can't type anything into the 'Leave a Comment' box on my iPad. The cursor doesn't appear (like on desktop too) and also the keyboard doesn't appear on screen. I use the Chrome app for everything and haven't tried it out on Safari yet, but I would imagine it is the same situation.

Loore said:
Also is there going to be Community mods?
Yes

[spoiler]and yes I'm open to bribes[/spoiler]
I might have a spare car seat for the BTCC at Croft...

Not getting the twitter badge when i link twitter any ideas?
Only person that has it is Hatta because he's a dirty cheat, the Twitter badge isn't in use I'm afraid. I'd be interested in getting some feedback on the badge system If anyone has any? What others would you like to see etc?

I'd like the 10 years of service badge to be more rewarding. Perhaps a forum wide party? Think about it, on April 3, 2024, we'll have the BIGGEST AND BEST PARTY EVER. Make it happen.

Loore said:
Not getting the twitter badge when i link twitter any ideas?
Only person that has it is Hatta because he's a dirty cheat, the Twitter badge isn't in use I'm afraid. I'd be interested in getting some feedback on the badge system If anyone has any? What others would you like to see etc?
Perhaps not a badge but a buddylist system or something like that? to add friends ( and see if they are online so u can challenge them in a game?) Furthermore I guess the badge should stay as a secret; we all want to discover the unknown! = more active at the forum