Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

New Forums - Feedback thread

Recommended Posts

The categories that include only posts I already read are grey, did that change now? Because earlier today I didn't see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can we have an underline button is posts please? Its something I use a lot, and seems quite an obvious thing missing. 
Also I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but in the Comment box, when in focus, can we have that text blinker thing (not sure what its called). This only happens when there is nothing in the box. Cheers and thanks for bringing the forums back! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Platy said:
Haven't read the whole thread so this might have been posted before...

But a preview post option/button before you post a comment would be a nice addition. I'm sure if you've used forums before you know what I'm talking about. Being able to see if you have things correct in full view, check image sizes, etc. What we have now is alright, but I'd like to be able to see the whole post rather than have to scroll.
Especially if your posting a Youtube video and you want to make sure its inserted properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Platy said:
Haven't read the whole thread so this might have been posted before...

But a preview post option/button before you post a comment would be a nice addition. I'm sure if you've used forums before you know what I'm talking about. Being able to see if you have things correct in full view, check image sizes, etc. What we have now is alright, but I'd like to be able to see the whole post rather than have to scroll.
I believe that's on our feedback list as a few people have mentioned it, we'll see what we can do.
can I suggest having a page navigation at the top of the thread (as well as the bottom one)
I presume you mean the page numbers of a thread and not the forum breadcrumbs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gotcha, can see how it'll be handy (I often read from bottom up for some reason - especially if its for modding purposes). Will add it to 'the list'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just something i've noticed, there isn't any report/quote button when it comes to private messages. It's not a huge issue however it would be nice to have if it's possible. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think it would be better if there only was one notification for unread posts at a thread, not a notification for every single one post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just something i've noticed, there isn't any report/quote button when it comes to private messages. It's not a huge issue however it would be nice to have if it's possible. :)
I've always wondered if mods could read our private messages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just something i've noticed, there isn't any report/quote button when it comes to private messages. It's not a huge issue however it would be nice to have if it's possible. :)
I can't find the quote button in the editor. I have to manually type block quote which doesn't always work.am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wait, there's normally a report button when it comes to PM's, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just something i've noticed, there isn't any report/quote button when it comes to private messages. It's not a huge issue however it would be nice to have if it's possible. :)
I've always wondered if mods could read our private messages.
To my knowledge we could not, unless it was reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SynGamer said:
Just something i've noticed, there isn't any report/quote button when it comes to private messages. It's not a huge issue however it would be nice to have if it's possible. :)
I can't find the quote button in the editor. I have to manually type block quote which doesn't always work.am I missing something?
Should be below the signature of the poster, along the line with "agree, like, awesome" etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
SynGamer said:
Just something i've noticed, there isn't any report/quote button when it comes to private messages. It's not a huge issue however it would be nice to have if it's possible. :)
I can't find the quote button in the editor. I have to manually type block quote which doesn't always work.am I missing something?
Should be below the signature of the poster, along the line with "agree, like, awesome" etc
I see that one, bit when I go intonthe editor I do t see a quote or block quote button (think link button or font).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SynGamer said:
Loore said:
SynGamer said:
Just something i've noticed, there isn't any report/quote button when it comes to private messages. It's not a huge issue however it would be nice to have if it's possible. :)
I can't find the quote button in the editor. I have to manually type block quote which doesn't always work.am I missing something?
Should be below the signature of the poster, along the line with "agree, like, awesome" etc
I see that one, bit when I go intonthe editor I do t see a quote or block quote button (think link button or font).
To confirm, there isn't one on the editor at this time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can anyone tell me why when you copy something from somewhere and paste it here, when you submit the comment it comes up in odd colours? It's really annoying as I spent ages writing something out on a word document, and then I came to post it and some sections were green, some blue, some black, some randomly bold. It makes no sense. The font changes randomly. Shouldn't it just stay the same?

Also, can anyone give me any insight into whether it is possible to change to the mobile version of the forum on an iPad. I know SynGamer gave a reply, but I want to be able to just click a button and I'm on the mobile version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What exactly is going on with the post order? It's really messed up to me and I don't think I'm the only one who experiences this problem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Having a similar problem to Mike, and something else.

Posted in Matt's thread about his F1 art project and I posted after Liam did, his post was already there yet my post then showed up as having been posted before his... Also it says 9:30 on my post but I didn't even turn my PC on until about 9:50. I was watching TV at 9:30. Also according to my history on Chrome, it was 10:05 when I went onto the YouTube video that I posted.

And the other issue is that I posted in the Guess the Corner thread, yet my post isn't there. It shows under comments I've posted on my profile but just isn't in the thread at all.

Edit 1: So apparently I'm posting this at 9:47, except it's 22:22 here and the forum was giving me the correct time yesterday... 

Edit 2: So my post in The Stuff Thread has the right time, as does the time it says I edited this post, I posted this here about 2 mins later but it seems I traveled about 40 minutes into the past to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can anyone tell me why when you copy something from somewhere and paste it here, when you submit the comment it comes up in odd colours? It's really annoying as I spent ages writing something out on a word document, and then I came to post it and some sections were green, some blue, some black, some randomly bold. It makes no sense. The font changes randomly. Shouldn't it just stay the same?

Also, can anyone give me any insight into whether it is possible to change to the mobile version of the forum on an iPad. I know SynGamer gave a reply, but I want to be able to just click a button and I'm on the mobile version.
Try this? http://forums.codemasters.com/profile/nomobile/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why do comments need to be approved now?
Comments need to be approved? (this is a test)

EDIT: I didn't need anything approved, or at least I didn't see anything that said it needed to be approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×