F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

New Forums - Feedback thread

Why do comments need to be approved now?
Sometimes the system will mark things as spam when they aren't (just as a precautionary measure), in this case it'll flag it for us to approve. Once you've been approved it shouldn't happen for you again. 

couger1981 said:
Can we have a multi quote option?
I like the idea of multi-quote, big fan of it. If it's possible, it is something I'm hoping we can look at. 

Although it's not ideal but clicking quote on multiple posts does display them nicely in the text editor, but yes, I agree it would be great if we could expand on this functionality.

I had a few comments yesterday saying they were sent for approval. They were never posted. They were witty and insightful, and it's a damn shame that the world never got to read them.

SynGamer said:
Can anyone tell me why when you copy something from somewhere and paste it here, when you submit the comment it comes up in odd colours? It's really annoying as I spent ages writing something out on a word document, and then I came to post it and some sections were green, some blue, some black, some randomly bold. It makes no sense. The font changes randomly. Shouldn't it just stay the same?

Also, can anyone give me any insight into whether it is possible to change to the mobile version of the forum on an iPad. I know SynGamer gave a reply, but I want to be able to just click a button and I'm on the mobile version.
Try this? http://forums.codemasters.com/profile/nomobile/1
I'm afraid that didn't work, it just came up as the same as usual. I just want to know if there is a button somewhere on the forum that says something like: 'Go to Mobile Version'.

The URL I posted was the "go to mobile" link I had on my phone. Sorry :(

SynGamer said:
The URL I posted was the "go to mobile" link I had on my phone. Sorry :(
Yeah, I guessed it might have been. No problem, thanks for your help anyway :)

SynGamer said:
Can anyone tell me why when you copy something from somewhere and paste it here, when you submit the comment it comes up in odd colours? It's really annoying as I spent ages writing something out on a word document, and then I came to post it and some sections were green, some blue, some black, some randomly bold. It makes no sense. The font changes randomly. Shouldn't it just stay the same?

Also, can anyone give me any insight into whether it is possible to change to the mobile version of the forum on an iPad. I know SynGamer gave a reply, but I want to be able to just click a button and I'm on the mobile version.
I'm afraid that didn't work, it just came up as the same as usual. I just want to know if there is a button somewhere on the forum that says something like: 'Go to Mobile Version'.
At the very bottom of the page its say's "Go to Mobile" i tried it on my HTC and it show up down the bottom. :)

SynGamer said:

At the very bottom of the page its say's "Go to Mobile" i tried it on my HTC and it show up down the bottom. :)
Really? On my desktop version at the bottom it says:

Nothing saying 'Go to Mobile' for me

SynGamer said:

Really? On my desktop version at the bottom it says:

Nothing saying 'Go to Mobile' for me
On mine its right underneath that in blue but it only appears in i'm on the phone.

Any chance that the HTML tab while commenting from the Lithium forums could be brought back? Quoting's not working sometimes for me and it'd be useful to be able to manually edit the HTML formatting.

Wouldn't it be an idea to have an 'Official Announcements' section.  I don't really visit blogs, facebook or twitter, so would like to think any new games etc, would be announced on here at the same time as those places.

Wouldn't it be an idea to have an 'Official Announcements' section.  I don't really visit blogs, facebook or twitter, so would like to think any new games etc, would be announced on here at the same time as those places.
I quite like the idea, will see what we can do.

How do you add the answer option into a post your helping someone with?
I believe the OP has to "approve" your answer, or something along those lines. You yourself cannot flag your answer as the answer.

I think...

SynGamer said:
I believe the OP has to "approve" your answer, or something along those lines. You yourself cannot flag your answer as the answer.

I think...
Mean how does the answer option appear after you have helped someone?

What link are you putting in couger?

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesFacts/status/448206455121145857

Is that working?

SynGamer said:

I think...
I believe the OP has to mark your post as the answer, and it will then appear. @JustBigLee, can we get confirmation on this?

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

I think...
I believe the OP has to mark your post as the answer, and it will then appear. @JustBigLee, can we get confirmation on this?
Yeah that sounds about right

What link are you putting in couger?

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesFacts/status/448206455121145857

Is that working?
What did you have to copy so you can paste it?

So when you find a tweet you want to post you click on the time it was posted (or the details button at the bottom of the tweet)

It'll then open up the tweet on it's own. You then copy the url and paste it into the chat.

It should come up like this:

https://twitter.com/Matthew77258/status/453825859523076096

You don't have to use any tags or anything, just post the url on its own,.

How do i post tweets?
I believe all you need to do is paste the direct link of the Tweet and it should embed itself.
That is correct :)

Tried that doesn't work
Not sure why it doesn't work for you, same as the YouTube functionality. You mentioned you were posting from mobile previously, what device?