Sign in to follow this  

New Forums - Feedback thread

Satine said:
Whats the max characters a post can have?
Hey, currently it's 15,000 characters.
Really? I tried to post something yesterday and I had to break it down into three posts as it was too long but I'm sure it wasn't 15,000 characters.

In fact I've just had a look and the total was 8,818 characters, but I was told it was too long. That doesn't make sense.
Qas it 15000 word characters? I believe code/markup also counts towards the total.

SynGamer said:
Satine said:
Whats the max characters a post can have?
Hey, currently it's 15,000 characters.
Really? I tried to post something yesterday and I had to break it down into three posts as it was too long but I'm sure it wasn't 15,000 characters.

In fact I've just had a look and the total was 8,818 characters, but I was told it was too long. That doesn't make sense.
Qas it 15000 word characters? I believe code/markup also counts towards the total.
Just went over 15,000 by 24 haha

So I tried to post a comment to the CLC thread, and got this message at the bottom corner of the screen:

In case you can't read it, it says 'There was an error performing your request. Please try again.' I did try again, and got the same message. I'm not sure why that happened, it just wouldn't post my message.

You can also see there is no 'Go to Mobile Version' button either at the bottom. @couger1981 has it, so any ideas as to why I don't?
has this fixed itself or are you still having issues?

Been noticing some people are getting promoted with only a handful of posts, anyway of changing how the promotion system works?

It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Contribute positively with posts other people respond to and your ranking goes up :)

Yeah I'm having the same problem as Couger. Keep on getting signed out every time I refesh/click on a thread. 

Yeah I'm having the same problem as Couger. Keep on getting signed out every time I refesh/click on a thread. 
We're currently looking into this. Is it every time you click a thread / refresh or just occaisonally? 

Loore said:
We're currently looking into this. Is it every time you click a thread / refresh or just occaisonally? 
For me its every time, just to visit this thread now i had to refreash about 3 times because i get signed out or get a Gateway something error.

Don't know what just happened but I seem to have lost my account (after getting some 503 errors when trying to edit my last post in the Grid section), which is this one

http://forums.codemasters.com/profile/188/joepineapples

I tried logging back in with what I thought were the correct details, but it logs me in under this profile.  I need my details sending to the above linked profile please so I can log in under that one.

cheers

I just refreshed the page and now logged in back as my original identity.....weird

(but had to click on 'post comment' a number of times)

Don't know what just happened but I seem to have lost my account (after getting some 503 errors when trying to edit my last post in the Grid section), which is this one

http://forums.codemasters.com/profile/188/joepineapples

I tried logging back in with what I thought were the correct details, but it logs me in under this profile.  I need my details sending to the above linked profile please so I can log in under that one.

cheers
Can you do me a favour? Could you try logging into RaceNet with your proper accounts details and let me know if that all works fine?

It's the same account system so you should see your joepineapples account with any luck.

yes, that seems to work.

getting some

'502 Bad Gateway'

'Error 503 Service Unavailable'

messages when trying to edit my posts, and 'you don't have permission to do that'.  Seems to be logging in and out (and back in again) after refreshing the page.

Keep getting signed out every time i click on a thread?
An update on this, we're currently working with our forum provider and they think they've found a solution, more info as soon as I have it.

@joepineapples your issues are likely all connected to this as well so once the fix goes live it should fix everything.

Same issues for me as the guys above. Getting signed out after going into a thread, a couple of error 503's when trying to post a comment and the occasional full-screen 503 when trying to sign in.

Same problem as the others here, every time I click a thread I get signed out. Really odd.

Same problem as the others here, every time I click a thread I get signed out. Really odd.
Yup, we're aware. As above, we're looking into it and are hopeful of having found a fix :)

@Loore Any update?
Not yet, hoping we hear something today. As soon as we do I'll let you know :)

As far as GRID Games goes, I think having both games together in one section is better than separated (as they were in Codies Forum 1 & 2).  Previously, after the GRID2 section was opened most of the GRID traffic went to the GRID2 section.  You had to look in both places to find GRID threads - now they are all in one place.

And although I'm still getting used to it, I think I also prefer this general organization and overall look.  Nice job.  Thanks, Satine.

Frank