Sign in to follow this  

Next Gen

Got a PS4 few weeks after it came out, PlayStation Plus is amazing for it, but still waiting for some killer games other than infamous! :!!

Lukedfrt said:
Got a PS4 few weeks after it came out, PlayStation Plus is amazing for it, but still waiting for some killer games other than infamous! :!!
Thinking about getting the new MGS game its selling for $49 in kmart.

Lukedfrt said:
I really liked MGS, you can get a lot out of it if you are into the Metal Gear universe.

fIsince08 said:
PS3 but play 1 game on PC. I can't see the point in getting a PS4 yet as their aren't any games I want for it + I'd lose all my PS3 game saves. Plus I need to save my cash for BTCC, driving lessons, insurance etc...

@Matthew77258 Never would have guessed you like this....
What type of drivers test? Are you shooting for F1 or Touring?
A driving license for the road  ;)

Lukedfrt said:
$49? That's a little steep. It sells for just over £22 here...

Ahh the Australia Tax. A couple of years ago, it was cheaper to fly over to the US, buy Adobe CSx and fly back.

SynGamer said:
I'm currently waiting for an upgrade promotion or deal for PS3 >> PS4. As soon as that happens I'm sold. Heck, I might not even wait for a deal, we'll see. All I know is I hope to have a PS4 before Watch_Dogs is out.
So...I ended up NOT waiting for a "deal". EB Games (Canada) had a 30% bonus for trading in a PS3 towards a PS4. Got $85 for my Slim (120 GB) and am now the proud owner of a PS4 :D

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
I'm currently waiting for an upgrade promotion or deal for PS3 >> PS4. As soon as that happens I'm sold. Heck, I might not even wait for a deal, we'll see. All I know is I hope to have a PS4 before Watch_Dogs is out.
So...I ended up NOT waiting for a "deal". EB Games (Canada) had a 30% bonus for trading in a PS3 towards a PS4. Got $85 for my Slim (120 GB) and am now the proud owner of a PS4 :D
Welcome to the club - what games did you get?

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
None yet. Impulse purchase so I was trying to get out the door as inexpensive as possible. I have PS+ so I'm downloading Don't Starve and Dead Nation. I really want a racing game so I'm hoping Drive Club is released soon and hopefully they announce GT7 for PS4 in the near future (E3?)

Hopefully this fall I'll be playing some F1 2014 on the PS4 ;)

EDIT: any suggestions?

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
None yet. Impulse purchase so I was trying to get out the door as inexpensive as possible. I have PS+ so I'm downloading Don't Starve and Dead Nation. I really want a racing game so I'm hoping Drive Club is released soon and hopefully they announce GT7 for PS4 in the near future (E3?)

Hopefully this fall I'll be playing some F1 2014 on the PS4 ;)

EDIT: any suggestions?
Only good game at the moment in my book is AC4 Blag flag

I plan I picking that up once it hots a major sale. I just spent $400, I'll wait forit to hit $30 or lower. Does look like a good game mind you.

The way I see it... if you're PC you're always next-gen ;)

Will be picking up both new consoles eventually though, unless Final Fantasy XV miraculously makes its way onto PC.

Britpoint said:
The way I see it... if you're PC you're always next-gen ;)

Will be picking up both new consoles eventually though, unless Final Fantasy XV miraculously makes its way onto PC.
that's my feeling too you just need to tweak your hardware a bit and you're back in the game plus PC's aer backwards friendly troo unlike the new consoles

For me it came down to paying $400 for my PS4 or $600+ to rebuild my PC (and buy a new monitor). The hassle of finding deals on the parts I need, plus and extra $200, was the deciding factor. Not to mention I would have had to wait a few weeks to find and buy all the parts. With the PS4 I simply plug and play on my living room TV. 47" vs probably 23"...

SynGamer said:
For me it came down to paying $400 for my PS4 or $600+ to rebuild my PC (and buy a new monitor). The hassle of finding deals on the parts I need, plus and extra $200, was the deciding factor. Not to mention I would have had to wait a few weeks to find and buy all the parts. With the PS4 I simply plug and play on my living room TV. 47" vs probably 23"...
It's true the hardware costs are definitely more significant with PC, although as long as you aren't trying to be 'top end' you can get something pretty decent without spending too much more than a console budget.

Still play on my 360. God knows when Ill get a PS4. #broke

Britpoint said:
SynGamer said:
It's true the hardware costs are definitely more significant with PC, although as long as you aren't trying to be 'top end' you can get something pretty decent without spending too much more than a console budget.
100% agree. I also forgot to mention that I was factoring in where a majority of my friends play. Most of them are on PlayStation. Honestly, had I not gotten $85 for my ps3 I probably would still be considering PC parts right now.

I am not slavishly tied to one console designer over the other.  I have followed games to the consoles, not the other way around.  I was a bigger fan of Forza than Gran Turismo so switched to Xbox360 instead of the PS3.  (Still have my PS2)

I haven't picked the PS4 or XboxOne yet, because games I want to play havent made me choose.  
I hear lots of good things about both.

Is there an objective, not "Fan Based" consensus of which console is better?

I am not slavishly tied to one console designer over the other.  I have followed games to the consoles, not the other way around.  I was a bigger fan of Forza than Gran Turismo so switched to Xbox360 instead of the PS3.  (Still have my PS2)

I haven't picked the PS4 or XboxOne yet, because games I want to play havent made me choose.  
I hear lots of good things about both.

Is there an objective, not "Fan Based" consensus of which console is better?
That's...hard to answer. Performance-wise, the PS4 is the (current?) clear winner. It regularly has games release at 1080p/60fps, while the Xbox 1 versions are releasing at 900p/60 (or 30)fps. Sony also has PlayStation Plus (PS+) which is required for online multiplayer, BUT gives out free games for PS3, PS4, and PS Vita each month.

Non-performance-wise, it comes down to the exclusives. For me, the PS4 has and will have more exclusives that interest me than the Xbox 1. The PS4 also has remote play for the Vita which is REALLY AWESOME and actually works (finally).

I would definitely suggest finding a local GameStop/Best Buy/Walmart/etc and try them both out. I will say that the PS4 controller feels WAY better than the PS3's, on par with the 360 and X1.

I'm lucky enough just to have an xbox one, annoyed on the price drop on the damn thing, but hopefully the same will happen on the PS4 before I run out of space  ;)

Chromatic said:
I'm lucky enough just to have an xbox one, annoyed on the price drop on the damn thing, but hopefully the same will happen on the PS4 before I run out of space  ;)
I picked mine up in the price drop last week :D