Sign in to follow this  

Next Gen

Chromatic said:
I'm lucky enough just to have an xbox one, annoyed on the price drop on the damn thing, but hopefully the same will happen on the PS4 before I run out of space  ;)
I picked mine up in the price drop last week :D
With titanfall? I wish I'd waited a bit longer but I could wait for the order 1886 to come put the PS4 should hopefully have a price drop by then  :-/

If and when I do choose to go for the next gen I'll most likely stick with playstation so will probably get the ps4 but I'm happy with my PC at the moment though

We all know PC is where it's at. :p

But because of my sucky GPU, I don't play most new games at high settings. (GT 610 1 GB GPU :/)

But I was a 360 user, haven't decided between PS4 and XBO yet. Leaning towards PS4.

Pfft. You're all living in the stone age. I still have and use a PS2! Plus using my laptop for the few games it supports, ie. not F1 2012/2013. Which is why I'm still pissed F1O :TG was shut down. The only CM game my laptop would run!
Might buy a PS4 if the price comes down, but I really need a summer job first. Also games are just too expensive now.

BigLee, you guys are intending on re-booting F1O :TG aren't you? ;)

Tomorrow there is the announcement about the next Grid game, if it's next gen then I am probably gonna start to save up for a PS4, and then if F1 2014 is next gen then I will definitely buy a PS4 :p

F1 2014 needs to be on next gen or i won't be buying it. Moto GP 14 is coming out on PS4! 

The progression from F1 2010 to 2013 hasn't been great, very small changes. The series needs a big overhaul imo, Career mode especially. 

Really hoping we get confirmation tomorrow (4/22) that Codemasters is going Next Gen. Would be great to hear that they are making a ToCA 4 or something similar. I couldn't get into GRID 2, especially the handling.

I hope so too, and as you say, ToCA 4 or something like that would be so cool. I'm expecting it to be something like that, given the hints from Loore saying the developers have really listened to the feedback on GRID 2. As far as I am aware, I think more people want a ToCA style game than a GRID 2 style game.

I only wanna know if they're going next gen for F1. If it's an announcement of Grid 3 or Grid Showdown, I just don't care. Grid 2 was a stain on the name of the first game... Rhymes. 

Even if it was TOCA 4,CM would probably use the EGO engine and the handling would feel nasty. I honestly can't wait for them to start using a new engine, and for them to start ironing out the bugs and giving us more content and less flashy menu's and annoying American voice-overs. 
It still baffles me that Forza 4 was able to fit so much onto one disc, yet with the same amount of disc space CM gave us substantially less of a game.

I hope so too, and as you say, ToCA 4 or something like that would be so cool. I'm expecting it to be something like that, given the hints from Loore saying the developers have really listened to the feedback on GRID 2. As far as I am aware, I think more people want a ToCA style game than a GRID 2 style game.
My biggest complaints with GRID 2 were the drift-like handling, and the color palette. First, the handlingwas just ridiculous. Full-on arcade style racing, which is fine for people who like that, but after racing simulation-type games for years, I have a hard time with these arcade games.

Then there was the washed out look of the game itself. Many of the tracks felt very dreary, which isn't exactly ideal when it comes to racing.

I hate to sound like I'm bashing, but I was looking forward to GRID 2 prior to its release. Here's hoping this announcement tomorrow is a step in the right direction.

Lukedfrt said:
F1 2014 needs to be on next gen or i won't be buying it. Moto GP 14 is coming out on PS4! 

The progression from F1 2010 to 2013 hasn't been great, very small changes. The series needs a big overhaul imo, Career mode especially. 
agreed in fact career mode has got worse as the series has evolved in my opinion in general the rest of the game has improved but career mode needs a serious looking at as we go onto next gen

Lukedfrt said:

agreed in fact career mode has got worse as the series has evolved in my opinion in general the rest of the game has improved but career mode needs a serious looking at as we go onto next gen
They had all the paddock and interviews in F1 2010 which was really cool, they should've kept that and expanded/improved it year on year. But instead they scrapped it and replaced it with nothing. :/

Surely next gen can handle much more! 

Lukedfrt said:
Lukedfrt said:

They had all the paddock and interviews in F1 2010 which was really cool, they should've kept that and expanded/improved it year on year. But instead they scrapped it and replaced it with nothing. :/

Surely next gen can handle much more! 
yeah I agree although I understand why some didn't like it as it did get repetitive after a while but I thought as you said that year on year they'd improve on it and make it better as I thought that was supposed to be the major part of the game for those of us who like single player games. If I was CM right now I'd be making sure this year that 2014 had a great sp experience as that is the area that needs most looking at I'm not taking anything away from multiplayer but in recent years that has received lots of attention and single player hardly any. There has been a couple of new modes added like the young driver and scenario modes as well as the season challenge but nothing has been done with the career mode itself and I think if the game is to avoid dying off in terms of the single player modes in particular career needs a boost

Apparently Matt Neal has been doing some work at Codemasters so i assume that's to do with the new game

SynGamer said:
Really hoping we get confirmation tomorrow (4/22) that Codemasters is going Next Gen. Would be great to hear that they are making a ToCA 4 or something similar. I couldn't get into GRID 2, especially the handling.
Well as the Community mods said the Grid series is the new Toca games. :(

SynGamer said:
Well as the Community mods said the Grid series is the new Toca games. :(
agreed they need to take it off the roads and back onto tracks if they can like they did with the Race driver series

The Grid games doesn't really appeal to me, maybe because theres so many racing games out like GT series and the Forza series to name some.

The Grid games doesn't really appeal to me, maybe because theres so many racing games out like GT series and the Forza series to name some.
I thought Grid1 hada great premise but the bottom levels were too hard for the novice player in my opinion Grid 2 does a better job in that respect. Just lacked a little in the tracks department but I think what they need to do with Grid 3 if they make one is combine the elements of Grid 1's type career mode but with Grid 2's difficulty settings to make it more playable for the novice player. They can still throw in more of a challenge for the sim like players that like that kind of thing on the harder settings but in my opinion if they can mix those elements up on the lower levels and primarily base it on real life tracks past and present I think it would make a great game

Grid 3 needs to go back to its roots with BTCC, WTCC, DTM, ETCC and v8supercars. Grid 1 & 2 had too much muscle cars and most of the track were street circuits.

Grid 3 needs to go back to its roots with BTCC, WTCC, DTM, ETCC and v8supercars. Grid 1 & 2 had too much muscle cars and most of the track were street circuits.
yeah I agree that would be the best way to move forward with this series I think they need to go back to something similar to what they were doing with the race driver series as I think Race driver 1 had the BTCC and the DTM if I recall as I had those games only got rid of them because they didn't work any more on my machine. They were good games too I enjoyed the first one especially