Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Confirmation on wheel brake vibration

Game Version: 1.22

Platform: PC

Wheel: T150 pro

Issue: Decided to make the move from a gamepad to a race wheel. While a lot of fun, right away one thing I'm struggling with is that I don't get any vibration under braking like I did on the triggers of the gamepad. There's absolutely no way to know when I'm at the braking limit. I was trying to figure out of it was my wheel, the settings or if it's just not available and I can't find a clear answer. It seems like the game just doesn't give that feedback to the wheel. Can I have confirmation on this?

5 hours ago, thekid02 said:

Game Version: 1.22

Platform: PC

Wheel: T150 pro

Issue: Decided to make the move from a gamepad to a race wheel. While a lot of fun, right away one thing I'm struggling with is that I don't get any vibration under braking like I did on the triggers of the gamepad. There's absolutely no way to know when I'm at the braking limit. I was trying to figure out of it was my wheel, the settings or if it's just not available and I can't find a clear answer. It seems like the game just doesn't give that feedback to the wheel. Can I have confirmation on this?

Trigger rumble is not replicated on a wheel. #PadHacks 🙂 

Yea that's what it seemed like. It's a little disappointing. Seems a little numb that you can slide down a straight locked up tires screeching and have no feedback at all. Thank you for the confirmation

36 minutes ago, thekid02 said:

Yea that's what it seemed like. It's a little disappointing. Seems a little numb that you can slide down a straight locked up tires screeching and have no feedback at all. Thank you for the confirmation

The car not stopping and the tyres screeching not enough? 🙂

Besides the functional part of having the feedback before you've fully locked up, no it's not enough, you could.makenthe same argument about all FFB. There's practical and immersive reasons for wanting to be able to feel what the car is doing and not just relying on visual and audio cues that can be slower to pick up on. Someone must of felt the same way when they added the feature to the pad.

I've moved this to General Discussion as this doesn't seem to be a technical issue but instead a lack of a feature.

Just posted a subject on this issue as it seems on next gen pad users will get even more feedback. 

I agree the wheel is more immersive and if you had never used a pad before it would be great but the fact that pad users got lock to lock faster and have feedback on breaking and acceleration means they have a useful advantage here.

F1 games are just easier on pads