F1® 2020 | Zandvoort Hotlap

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

I started playing DR2.0 and @PJTierney started playing F1. This is a weird timeline 😁 

You're on Xbox, right? Such a shame our championship is on PC

DR2 I'm on Xbox, same for F1 2019.

Also, I like to consider myself a retired esports player, despite never quite getting out of grassroots level 😄 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Please let us know when we can pre-order this title in the United States through outlets such as Amazon.  I think for the first time I will pre-order early, like now! 

It looks like there will only be 3 ERS modes in this year's game. Or maybe a fourth one which is not usable in time trial.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, StephanGPYT said:

It looks like there will only be 3 ERS modes in this year's game. Or maybe a fourth one which is not usable in time trial.

If this is true hopefully it'll stop the extreme ERS micro-managing. I'd also like to see mode 4 as an actual overtake button instead of a separate mode that you have to scroll in and out of before and after the straight. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, StephanGPYT said:

There are already 3 ers mode. If you consider low, medium and high. Mode 4 is overtake, 5 is holap and 0 is recharge. 2 of them shouldn't be used in the race and the third overtake is situational. The problem is that mircimanaging ers is better than using 1, 2 and 3 as presets and the rest as situational for qualify, fastest lap, safety car and overtake...

17 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

If this is true hopefully it'll stop the extreme ERS micro-managing. I'd also like to see mode 4 as an actual overtake button instead of a separate mode that you have to scroll in and out from before and after the straight. 

I'm still hopeful for a true-to-life mode where the ERS charging and deployment are programmed by the team (player) according to the track, conditions, etc.  Plus overtake button.  Because the AI are starting to become aware that they do not get penalties for ignoring blue flags. 😉 

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I only have one thing to say at this point:

When the view dropped into cockpit I had a grin from ear to ear.

😁

I didn't grin from ear to ear because there are no virtual mirrors.

7 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

I'm still hopeful for a true-to-life mode where the ERS charging and deployment are programmed by the team (player) according to the track, conditions, etc.  Plus overtake button.  Because the AI are starting to become aware that they do not get penalties for ignoring blue flags. 😉 

AI's behavior under blue flags is something that I would love to see improved. Their behavior is not that unrealistic but the difference is that in real life a lapped driver finishes the turn and moves out of the way. In the game they park the car on the apex and mid turn.

Qyalify is a complete mess though...

Nice.

I've gotten plenty of laps in on Zandvoort on ACC, so I know what to expect from the track. Looking forward to seeing/driving Hanoi for the first time.

10 minutes ago, sirio994 said:

AI's behavior under blue flags is something that I would love to see improved. Their behavior is not that unrealistic but the difference is that in real life a lapped driver finishes the turn and moves out of the way. In the game they park the car on the apex and mid turn.

Qyalify is a complete mess though...

I did a 50% race the other day and then watched the replay.  I came 6th, but I was watching the battle for 1st.  Hamilton was stuck behind a back marker who went past 7 blue flags before finally moving over.

38 minutes ago, sirio994 said:

There are already 3 ers mode. If you consider low, medium and high. Mode 4 is overtake, 5 is holap and 0 is recharge. 2 of them shouldn't be used in the race and the third overtake is situational. The problem is that mircimanaging ers is better than using 1, 2 and 3 as presets and the rest as situational for qualify, fastest lap, safety car and overtake...

I know. But I actually forgot mode 0. Let's see how many there will be in the end...

40 minutes ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

Ah you didn't get what I meant. I grinned from ear to ear because it WAS cockpit, not how good it was. Cockpit view in any promotional trailer is hope for us. It started in tcam 😡 but like I said DROPPED da cockpit soon after 😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

Actually it is recorded from replay mode so we can't tell for sure about mirrors/hub/interface new features...

Edited by sirio994

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Ah you didn't get what I meant. I grinned from ear to ear because it WAS cockpit, not how good it was. Cockpit view in any promotional trailer is hope for us. It started in tcam 😡 but like I said DROPPED da cockpit soon after 😁

I was tinkering about with the camera settings (I normally play in T-Cam) and went "Hey, if I turn the angle settings way up, the cockpit camera looks real cool with the driver turning his head in the corners", so I captured that too and sent it to the video guys. 🙂 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

the car's behavior is not good. there will be much to improve in the beta, physics needs to be improved a lot

Assetto Corsa gameplay /physics are missing unfortunelly in Codemasters F1 Titles.. If they put that we have the greateast /bestest /glorious F1 game ever.. I Don t doubt it about that 

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I was tinkering about with the camera settings (I normally play in T-Cam) and went "Hey, if I turn the angle settings way up, the cockpit camera looks real cool with the driver turning his head in the corners", so I captured that too and sent it to the video guys. 🙂 

It does look really cool when the drivers head turns. The best view of all is when you have a helmet view cam and your view itself looks to the apex before each corner. It's kind of game changing as it feels very immersive but also helps beginners or people new to a track when to turn in. The best implementation imo is in project cars where you can control how much the view turns in. There is an annoying view of helmet lower part of the screen but meh I can deal with that. I'm sure you guys have a similar view in cockpit? Dangit can't remember. Anyway no matter how and why you included if the moment was super cool. Cool is where cockpit view needs to be rather than having a reputation of being for pros only. You ARE the driver when in cockpit view if only we could make it more beginner friendly. Adding some kind of bonus peripheral vision would be kinda cool. Thanks for the video anyway mate!

Adding the bloody rev. counter display somewhere on the Wheel Display in Cockpit would help my Pull Away problems at the Start of the Race.

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2020 at 9:19 PM, TomAAA said:

Almost everyone agrees the understeer is a problem in the game including real life F1 drivers such a lando, Leclerc and hulkenberg even after using the best setups. Even Lando Norris got his real life engineer to help with the setup and could not eliminate the issue in the game. 

Spending hundreds of hours in the game is what possibly makes me think that the understeer is not an issue anymore. :classic_smile:

Edited by sergey_blackbird
spelling

I wonder how many flashbacks I'm going to have to use while trying to overtake around Zandvoort...

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I don't want to admit it but I'm a bit hyped now. 😘

Edited by LSKone
  • Haha 1

Cannot wait to drive around this track. That banking is gonna feel amazing I bet

That is a poor effort on the accuracy of the layout, yes it looks nice butost of the corners are just plane wrong. 

And i'm just wondering why they let someone on keyboard do that hotlap XD so unsmooth

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

And i'm just wondering why they let someone on keyboard do that hotlap XD so unsmooth

that is not on keyboard

• Haha 1