F1® 2020 | Zandvoort Hotlap

Posted (edited)

The track look very good

Edited by KayPax

Be curious to know how Codemasters built the track. Did they scan the old one and then tweak parts based on the proposed changes before the construction was completed? Think I remember reading somewhere that FOM sent them data for the track. 

Can imagine it being difficult to piece it together with limited referencing and would be interesting to compare if we get to see a real F1 race there this year.  Maybe we’ll see some tweaks and changes for next years game as with France last year vs F1 2018.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Hope CM do take the hint and cooperate, or at least try to make some improvements themselves.

Jup! maybe @BarryBL can show it to the devs lest this track is wrong from the moment it's in the game.. 

Forgetting to change kerbs that changed from year to year is embarrassing enough for the official f1 game
but just blatantly making errors in the actual banking of the track so the DESIGNER feels the need to protect codies from themselves.. 
It's more than telling that they were very willing to cooperate in making the track as lifelike as possible and codies never approached them... Full happy to use the old details they had on a recently rebuild track. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. 

• Like 1

Done and done @Bicarda, its an interesting read for sure. 

After testing the circuit quite a lot in the development cycle, there has been MASSIVE changes from the original layout I drove to what it is in the hotlap. After jumping back on after my 3 week hospital layoff, it was like coming to a new circuit. (Disclaimer: I'm no Zandvoort expert, neither e-sports quick - which is well known. But I can drive around at a decent pace and noticed all the big and small changes to the track in development. I can't disclose more I'm afraid)

But, I've passed it to the Devs and Management to discuss. 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Agree 3

@BarryBL

very good Barry, you really seem to take care of the wishes and suggestions of the community. Keep it up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

my 3 week hospital layoff

Oh dear mate sorry to hear that. Always happy to see you on here and I know everyone else feels the same way. Hope you're fully recovered now. You're basically what these forums have needed for a long time..A sympathetic ear that doesn't just listen but also DOES.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Oh dear mate sorry to hear that. Always happy to see you on here and I know everyone else feels the same way. Hope you're fully recovered now. You're basically what these forums have needed for a long time..A sympathetic ear that doesn't just listen but also DOES.

Thanks @sloppysmusic, yeah I'm pretty much fighting fit now. I can run again for short bursts, which is all I need for football when we are lockdown-free. Appendix decided to blow up and rupture inside me, which was fun. Interesting Thursday that was, from what I've been told. Explained my 3 week absence in Feb/March. 

Will get something on the interview, I'd love to know the exact date this interview was done. I think the only real comment here is that we are a 'Work In Progress' and, like everything, details are subject to change.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @sloppysmusic, yeah I'm pretty much fighting fit now. I can run again for short bursts, which is all I need for football when we are lockdown-free. Appendix decided to blow up and rupture inside me, which was fun. Interesting Thursday that was, from what I've been told. Explained my 3 week absence in Feb/March.

Ouch!  Glad you're back in (mostly) good shape again.  O_o

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Will get something on the interview, I'd love to know the exact date this interview was done. I think the only real comment here is that we are a 'Work In Progress' and, like everything, details are subject to change.

Of course details are subject to change, I can understand that. Still, it's worth to mention some details of which I think they could be improved.

But the right banking profile is something I expect to be about right in one of the earlier versions during development. And since I expect that when a teaser is shown, the track will be close to its final version, I think it's a bit worrying to see the banking profile is not right. That was the main reason for me to write the post with constructive feedback (as can be seen on the previous page). 
So I hope that the feedback at least can be helpfull for the devs, because at least that Turn 3 need to be fixed before the game is released in my opinion, otherwise it is kind of embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1