F1® 2020 | Zandvoort Hotlap

Thanks for this Codies. The graphics of the track look stunning and based on that short clip, Is it fair to assume that stuff have been done to the lighting of the game to allow it to look brighter and more photo realistic?

Great Job!, next Time just turn the car volume up as it was a tad too low 🙂

the car's behavior is not good. there will be much to improve in the beta, physics needs to be improved a lot

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 5

track itself looks great, but god damn when they finally work on that blurry cars? from track cams/outside the cars are looks so way off with that lightning.

My take away from this single video with limited info to gather:

-Info on the steering wheel is still missing a lot of values 

-Engine sound should be slightly higher pitched

Of course, this is some early footage (work in progress), but in the past there were only minimal changes being made to the vanilla version.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The Handling seems very very understeery, at some point the wheel is on full lock. Don't know if that's the case in rl for the circuit but that was one of the first things I noticed. Also Heineken now has banners with never drink when driving wich is new. 

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)

The track looks far too narrow for the game. Yes its too narrow in real life and prob won't see much overtaking In real life, but for the game it does seem too narrow, it could of done with being a little wider at points

I can imagine online races here will be an absolute no go as it will be total carnage heading into each corner

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2

the car has too much understeer and the sound has not improved. David Greco will have a lot of work to do to improve physics, although the advice I give to Codemasters is to have the drivers test the game now, since there are two months to go and something can still be resolved @PJTierney

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 8

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

the car has too much understeer and the sound has not improved. David Greco will have a lot of work to do to improve physics, although the advice I give to Codemasters is to have the drivers test the game now, since there are two months to go and something can still be resolved @PJTierney

Agreed looks like the same understeer issue as 2019 had and everybody hated and was almost impossible to resolve even with custom setups

Everyone is going to have to try and get them to fix the understeer of the game before it comes out 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 6

circuit reproduced with laser scanning or done on a computer, bump style of the last curve in suzuka, so to speak.
  • Confused 1

Just now, advanceapple said:

circuit reproduced with laser scanning or done on a computer, bump style of the last curve in suzuka, so to speak.

I'm pretty sure the guys at Codies didn't get to visit Zandvoort for some laser scanning in the middle of a pandemic. They only finished the track's renovation just over a month ago.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

It's either:

1.) a poorly calibrated steering wheel.

2.) the "driver" used a ultra low wing car setup.

3.) Codemasters still have not fixed the wrong car performance and there is a inherent amount of understeer in F1 2020 the game due to a substantial lack of grip and downforce compared to real life data, just as in F1 2019.

I personally hope it's #1.

If it's #2, then i question how "realistic" the car setups have turned out to be.

If #3 is the case, then Codemasters have not learned from last year at all and need to fix the grip and downforce levels accordingly.

(Bonus: #4, all three of the above at the same time)

We don't know yet. Time will tell.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

the "driver" used a ultra low wing car setup.

I'm pretty sure the driver used stock setup. :classic_wink:

13 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Codemasters still have not fixed the wrong car performance and there is a inherent amount of understeer in F1 2020 the game due to a substantial lack of grip and downforce compared to real life data, just as in F1 2019.

Nowadays, with knowledge of how setups work, I have no issues with understeer. On some tracks like COTA I even use 2-6 wings. But I definitely believe we need even more raw downforce in 2020, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Another Thursday, and another something from us to wet your appetite for F1® 2020.

*whet

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

I'm pretty sure the driver used stock setup. :classic_wink:

Nowadays, with knowledge of how setups work, I have no issues with understeer. On some tracks like COTA I even use 2-6 wings. But I definitely believe we need even more raw downforce in 2020, though.

Almost everyone agrees the understeer is a problem in the game including real life F1 drivers such a lando, Leclerc and hulkenberg even after using the best setups. Even Lando Norris got his real life engineer to help with the setup and could not eliminate the issue in the game. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Not criticizing Codies for that, but tbh I don't really like the new Zandvoort. It basically lost all of it's charme. All the little bumps which got straightend for F1, those lovely oldschool sand traps... While the old track was recognizable as an cool oldschool track on the North Sea, now it just looks like a generic new built track...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

It's either:

1.) a poorly calibrated steering wheel.

2.) the "driver" used a ultra low wing car setup.

3.) Codemasters still have not fixed the wrong car performance and there is a inherent amount of understeer in F1 2020 the game due to a substantial lack of grip and downforce compared to real life data, just as in F1 2019.

I personally hope it's #1.

If it's #2, then i question how "realistic" the car setups have turned out to be.

If #3 is the case, then Codemasters have not learned from last year at all and need to fix the grip and downforce levels accordingly.

(Bonus: #4, all three of the above at the same time)

We don't know yet. Time will tell.

1. I'm happy to take advice on the calibration as admittedly I haven't driven as much F1 2020 as I have DiRT Rally 2.0.
    If anyone has or knows of good settings, pass them on. 🙂 

I use a Fanatec CSL Elite Base, CSL Elite Pedals with LC, and a ClubSport Formula V2 rim.
    All assists off.

2. I used the "Increased Downforce" preset for this one (1 up from default), with some minor tweaks like lowering the differential (both accel and decel) and such.

3. The only F1 2020 parts I work on are marketing/social asset creation, so I can't speak for anything developer-related, sorry.
  • Like 3

I only have one thing to say at this point:

When the view dropped into cockpit I had a grin from ear to ear.

😁

• Agree 2

I started playing DR2.0 and @PJTierney started playing F1. This is a weird timeline 😁 

You're on Xbox, right? Such a shame our championship is on PC

• Haha 4

How do you think which track will be better in the Netherlands or Vietnam?