I am real P****d with this!!!

Today i was Leading my 1st Race of the league, 25% lenght in Americas Circuit (Austin).. I was Leading with 6 sec advantage and In the Lap 9 of 14.. I was pushing because i would enter in the pits to change the Tyres and i Don t believe what happened next.. I had been kicked from the Race and had lost connection to the servers.. We all.. Happened the same thing with the others too.. How that can happening?? Its unaceptable.. Its my 3rd time happens a s**t like this.. I am loosing my patient with Codemasters.. I love them but i am thinking in not to buy the next F1 game.. Its unaceptable.. 3 times happening things like this.. 🚨🚨🚨🚨

• Agree 2

Don't by the next game then, mean it what you say! There are much better simulation games out there.

Vote with your wallet, I only buy second hand "evaluation copies" when the shiney new version is released. Done this after the terrible 15 game, and despite being an avid f1 fan and gamer I can't support the poor f1 games they produce. I hang around here hoping one day things will improve and the game will move towards a more accurate simulation of the driving experience. Sadly to date it hasn't happened. 😪🤔

Given what has been said about the 19 game I don't think I'll even bother with it second hand. On a more positive note 18 was perhaps the best to date, save all the legacy bugs.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Don't by the next game then, mean it what you say! There are much better simulation games out there.

Vote with your wallet, I only buy second hand "evaluation copies" when the shiney new version is released. Done this after the terrible 15 game, and despite being an avid f1 fan and gamer I can't support the poor f1 games they produce. I hang around here hoping one day things will improve and the game will move towards a more accurate simulation of the driving experience. Sadly to date it hasn't happened. 😪🤔

Given what has been said about the 19 game I don't think I'll even bother with it second hand. On a more positive note 18 was perhaps the best to date, save all the legacy bugs.

Endeed they Codemasters should do a more Simulation /Realistic F1 game.. Like "Assetto Corsa" for example.. And the Online Mode its Just a joke every year since the F1 16.. I am starting to feel tired about this.. 

22 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Today i was Leading my 1st Race of the league, 25% lenght in Americas Circuit (Austin).. I was Leading with 6 sec advantage and In the Lap 9 of 14.. I was pushing because i would enter in the pits to change the Tyres and i Don t believe what happened next.. I had been kicked from the Race and had lost connection to the servers.. We all.. Happened the same thing with the others too.. How that can happening?? Its unaceptable.. Its my 3rd time happens a s**t like this.. I am loosing my patient with Codemasters.. I love them but i am thinking in not to buy the next F1 game.. Its unaceptable.. 3 times happening things like this.. 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Hard luck man that sucks. I really recommend you try and capture all your race footage and either send Codies all major problems or upload to YouTube and copy them in. Don't just make a negative video though trying to get views, do it for the discussion. Codies will probably never change anything major in their F1 games as they're just too popular as they are. They do however fix some bugs especially this kind as it's a technical issue not a game design issue. They just need as much evidence of it as possible. If I was a dev and read your post I'd want to fix it but there's virtually no way to nail down the issue without seeing in exact detail exactly what happened leading up to the incident. If they get several videos or reports with exactly the same outcome that's a real help in fixing the problem. Welcome to software development. If as a developer you can't see the fault yourself or experience the same issue first hand there really is nothing you can do sadly to fix it. You can't just randomly rewrite the code and hope you fix it without causing other issues.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

If as a developer you can't see the fault yourself or experience the same issue first hand there really is nothing you can do sadly to fix it. You can't just randomly rewrite the code and hope you fix it without causing other issues.

And for those people who say, "Just find the error in the code," remember that there are MILLIONS of lines of code.  Like many many many millions.

That would be like trying to find the number sequence 032834 in the phone book.  Yeah, it's in there somewhere, but it would take you a year to find it.  And when you did, you'd have to find every one of them, to ensure you got all the bugs.

If you show them a video, it narrows the possibilities down significantly, and gives the devs a much clearer idea of where to look, and what to look for.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, DrDraken said:

That would be like trying to find the number sequence 032834 in the phone book.  Yeah, it's in there somewhere, but it would take you a year to find it.  And when you did, you'd have to find every one of them, to ensure you got all the bugs. 

Exactly, good analogy. Or saying every time I look up my friends number it gives me the wrong one. OK whats his name? It's James Smith. OK we'd be glad to fix it what's his address? I only know his name.

It's the tiny details that might seem insignificant to us that mean everything to the developers. Almost no bug or glitch is just always there in the same place, every time. It takes a combination of certain events to make it happen. These events are all building blocks in development at a higher level than actual code. Where certain blocks come together and interact is crucial. If you can show for example the problem occurs in a certain car, with specific tires, in specific weather during a 25 % race during the last 5 laps approx 5 seconds after you pass another certain car and when you change your ERS to charge and your fuel to lean then THAT'S what they need. All those pointers will help them narrow down specific procedure calls. Once they have the procedure or function then they have code that is short enough to analyze and hopefully find the issue. It's practically impossible to check every single possible combination of events before you release a game to millions of people who will literally eventually achieve every possible combo. Video best, if not possible a screen shot can help a lot too.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, DrDraken said:

And for those people who say, "Just find the error in the code," remember that there are MILLIONS of lines of code.  Like many many many millions.

If you show them a video, it narrows the possibilities down significantly, and gives the devs a much clearer idea of where to look, and what to look for.

Is that not why so much software sends a short logbook to the developers when the software does not runs as it should? Some games even let me create a report if i noticed something and file it in an easy way. They have so much data they can use. Monitoring is an important part of modern game development. The games are so complex that indeed looking through the code is not an option. Developing the code in a way it gives an error if it does not function properly and sends data to the developers is the only way. Reporting a bug should in my opinion not take more than one click. Maybe add the option to add a summary of what appreared to happen. 

At this moment this only happens when the whole game crashes.

9 hours ago, Brandtair said:

Is that not why so much software sends a short logbook to the developers when the software does not runs as it should? Some games even let me create a report if i noticed something and file it in an easy way. They have so much data they can use. Monitoring is an important part of modern game development. The games are so complex that indeed looking through the code is not an option. Developing the code in a way it gives an error if it does not function properly and sends data to the developers is the only way. Reporting a bug should in my opinion not take more than one click. Maybe add the option to add a summary of what appreared to happen. 

At this moment this only happens when the whole game crashes.

It depends a great deal on what the "bug" is.  If the game freezes, or something loads that shouldn't, or some other chunk of the code does something wrong, then yes, an error report can certainly help.  But in this context, it would be impossible to create an error scenario for every possible combination of things that might happen.  If you, as a player, notice that an AI car is jerking around the track, that might not cause an error code to be thrown, but it's certainly a bug in the game.  Being able to tell the Devs exactly what was happening at the time, AND (ideally) what JUST happened, will help narrow down those possibilities and (hopefully) find the issue.

1 hour ago, DrDraken said:

It depends a great deal on what the "bug" is.  If the game freezes, or something loads that shouldn't, or some other chunk of the code does something wrong, then yes, an error report can certainly help.  But in this context, it would be impossible to create an error scenario for every possible combination of things that might happen.  If you, as a player, notice that an AI car is jerking around the track, that might not cause an error code to be thrown, but it's certainly a bug in the game.  Being able to tell the Devs exactly what was happening at the time, AND (ideally) what JUST happened, will help narrow down those possibilities and (hopefully) find the issue.

Would it not for those cases be easier if you can enter the settings menu and press report. Where you type your observations and all the log data is send with it. It is way easier to do for any player and in an instance you get all the data you need to troubleshoot.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Brandtair said:

Would it not for those cases be easier if you can enter the settings menu and press report. Where you type your observations and all the log data is send with it. It is way easier to do for any player and in an instance you get all the data you need to troubleshoot.

That would be a great addition.  It would basically just need to send a recording of what just happened in the game.  That's certainly doable, since it records for the replay.  It would just need to be more detailed, to provide the Devs with the data they need to find the bugs.  Not sure whether this is even feasible (I'm not a game coder) but it sounds like a great plan.

Because its p2p, once the host leaves during the race, the complete race gets dropped, codies didn't even go for better way of doing p2p. 

2 hours ago, pachedupdemon said:

Because its p2p, once the host leaves during the race, the complete race gets dropped, codies didn't even go for better way of doing p2p. 

True, network bugs are really tough to find as so many different people are involved.... You'd need logs from everyone to find every error. For instance not many people get disconnected from a race or lobby where it's only them involved. So video is even more important especially replays as they study other cars too. If you could only save the whole replay and watch any car you wanted leading up to an incident. Not much use being able to watch if you can't save it only capture it as then you only have the car on screen to diagnose.

maybe Codies could 'borrow' the replay system from pcars /Ana now they own them!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

True, network bugs are really tough to find as so many different people are involved.... You'd need logs from everyone to find every error. For instance not many people get disconnected from a race or lobby where it's only them involved. So video is even more important especially replays as they study other cars too. If you could only save the whole replay and watch any car you wanted leading up to an incident. Not much use being able to watch if you can't save it only capture it as then you only have the car on screen to diagnose.

maybe Codies could 'borrow' the replay system from pcars /Ana now they own them!

That would be great mate 😃😃.. And for recognising Who ruins your race when crashes into you its an great idea to follow indeed 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I think that with the right log compression they should be able collecting all those logs in the matter of seconds. You have the code itself, only information is needed that tells you how the code worked. Recording the whole race would be a great way to log everything. They could deleted the recordings at the end of the hour if no report is filed. And then immediatly ad the possibility to download the recording on to your computer if you want within a couple of hours. 

• Thanks 2