Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[BUG REPORT] DiRT Rally: Extra lights appearing when they shouldn't

This is a graphics bug I've run into and after a search on the matter, it apparently hasn't been reported yet.

As per regulation on how to report a bug, here are the important PC specs:
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k (Stock Clock)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (Card from Asus, default NVIDIA cooler, stock clocks)

To reproduce the bug, go to Custom Event, Rally, pick any stage on Greece and set conditions to Morning / Clear. Pick any car, preferably one which allows you to have a good view of the extra lights, like the BMW M3. Once in the stage, switch to any of the two cockpit views.

Racing history doesn't seem  to affect the bug. Neither does playtime.

My graphics preset is Ultra (1080p).

Here are images illustrating the bug.

Lights not there:

Lights there:

Lights not there:

Lights there:

Yes I noticed it as well.

There is a similar bug with the lancia stratos.

With the extern and bonnet views, the lights are opened but when I'm switching the camera to dash or cockpit views, the lights are closed!

Hope that you fix it in the future.

Subaru has this bug too. After restar stage or recover vehiicle the light dont appear anymore

It's my understanding that all cars suffer from this bug. It's just that, on some cars, you can't see the extra lights from the interior views.

I apologize for the double-post, however, since this update was, to my knowledge, supposed to have corrected this bug, I feel the need to update the thread and say that I still continue to experience it. After a few races of rallycross, I went back into rally, simulating the conditions of my discovery and found that the bug persists. If I can provide any addition information, please request it and I'll get back to as best I can.

Thanks warpenage for updating this thread, the same for me, I don't understand, this bug was supposed to be fixed in the today's update (is written in the list), but for me as well, I still have the bug (with the BMW, the Lancia Stratos). I hope it will be definitively corrected .