Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Next gen to Close the gap between wheel v pad

https://realsport101.com/racing/f1/f1-2020-game-ps5-dualsense-controller-is-a-revloution-for-pad-casual-racers-haptic-feedback-adaptive-triggers-release-date/

As a more recent wheel user do not know how I feel about this I mean its great for pad users to get more feeling but for use on low end to mid budget wheels we do not get a breaking feedback or throttle feedback as it is so to me pad has the advantage here as it is.

On F1 19 I am easily over a second faster with the pad.

Just wondered what people though about this?

7 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

https://realsport101.com/racing/f1/f1-2020-game-ps5-dualsense-controller-is-a-revloution-for-pad-casual-racers-haptic-feedback-adaptive-triggers-release-date/

As a more recent wheel user do not know how I feel about this I mean its great for pad users to get more feeling but for use on low end to mid budget wheels we do not get a breaking feedback or throttle feedback as it is so to me pad has the advantage here as it is.

On F1 19 I am easily over a second faster with the pad.

Just wondered what people though about this?

Imo, in a simcade or sim racing game, the pad should never be able to compete with the wheel. Cars are driven with wheels, so make them the fastest. Let pads be around 0,5 - 1,5 seconds slower per lap. Else there is no need to get a wheel, other than immersion / realism.

• Agree 1

Problem is the Kiddies cannot buy Wheels yet , but want to be as fast as the Adults , with Drivers Licences and Wheels....

So CM Listens to the Kiddies, because they are the most that buys the game apparently.

• Agree 1

The problem won't be how sophisticated your wheel is but the fact this game is targeted more at the controller user. Meaning the game will be tweaked and coded so gamepad drivers naturally have an easier time. 

Im sure those skilled enough will be faster on a wheel but gamepad users will be able to match those times more often.

8 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Imo, in a simcade or sim racing game, the pad should never be able to compete with the wheel. Cars are driven with wheels, so make them the fastest. Let pads be around 0,5 - 1,5 seconds slower per lap. Else there is no need to get a wheel, other than immersion / realism.

Hey Empire while I do agree with your sentiments I DON'T think that either method should be boosted or made quicker. Inputs should be linear so the more accurate your method is the better you do. It IS physically possible for a controller user to match a wheel user without boosts IF they are very highly skilled and delicate with their control. Extremely hard but possible. I'd hate for someone with that skill and heard earned experience to be given an unnatural disadvantage.

I have no problem with pad users being given any kind of boost in Career but not in mp. Should be equal input calibration for everyone then. Separating lobbies into one or the other method would be the ideal way to do it for compete fairness.

• Agree 2