Sign in to follow this  

help f1 2020 split-screen

I wanted to know if when I play my friend or brother in split-screen mode, if there are also the other riders led by the ia during the race or not. because in certain driving games like gran turismo for ps4, if we put the split screen there are only 2 of us without the runners used by the ia

• Agree 1

On 5/1/2020 at 7:28 AM, FabioCamperi92 said:

I wanted to know if when I play my friend or brother in split-screen mode, if there are also the other riders led by the ia during the race or not. because in certain driving games like gran turismo for ps4, if we put the split screen there are only 2 of us without the runners used by the ia

I'd be surprised if they don't have an option for a 1v1 race.  That's the main point of split screen.  🙂

in f1 2014 i know there was a split-screen and during the race there were the other runners used by the ia. I think that in f1 2020 they keep it is because doing only 1vs1 would not make sense. I prefer that there are all the runners used by the ia counting me and my friend too

• Agree 1

I'm sure there will be a full or reduced field of ai to drive against. Hopefully you can both race in the same team and compete against other teams like in real life too.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm sure there will be a full or reduced field of ai to drive against. Hopefully you can both race in the same team and compete against other teams like in real life too.

You can bet this is something they will have decided upon internally. The idea to have a split screen mode was a resurrection of somthing they discontinued possibly because of the missed shipping of next-gen.

However, they may have decided to offer it in the same vein as the F1 2013 implementation. That had AI or no AI. 

IDK what it was like in F1 2014, hardly played it other than straight MP.

You can bet people will want this as Championship mode also.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

You can bet people will want this as Championship mode also.

Absolutely and rightfully so too. Split screen, local or remote, coop championship, again local or remote, would be a killer feature both for casuals and serious racers. It would breathe new life into the game and give a major esport boost in interest. After all there is a huge demand and supply of non racing online squad based games. If this could be injected into league play too somehow it would be GAME ON big time. To be able to select first of all your teammate, get synced up then select a league or gp race to join would be fantastic imo.

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

Absolutely and rightfully so too. Split screen, local or remote, coop championship, again local or remote, would be a killer feature both for casuals and serious racers. It would breathe new life into the game and give a major esport boost in interest. After all there is a huge demand and supply of non racing online squad based games. If this could be injected into league play too somehow it would be GAME ON big time. To be able to select first of all your teammate, get synced up then select a league or gp race to join would be fantastic imo.

If they can get this working as a MP feature, yeah the option of playing in MP and having your teammate in split screen, whereas others in the session would be able to choose full screen mode would be great. After all, an online session should just contain the same amount of data exchange, just requires a bit more beef on the processing side for splitscreen. Or a reduction in detail as obviously the resolution drops by half in one dimension. But it's different to processing two displays.

Or, even more killer, team mate in secondary monitor?

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Or, even more killer, team mate in secondary monitor?

That could make seating position for local play interesting! Would be easiest for of users to be just given a resize able window they could place anywhere or drop onto a second monitor. Lack of rigid window control would cause performance issues though. Be very hard for Codies to test and also guarantee user performance for. 2 consoles in the same room or 2 pcs would be even better. Which could lead to party rooms with the possibility of large groups of people paying for a 2 hour session where they could all team up and race. Be great for parties and work coop sessions.

I think though we are running away with the forward thinking here, we're gonna get one new added feature a year maybe and better be grateful for that!

This is an area I'm confident that Ian Bell and his SMS team would work wonders for.....

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

That could make seating position for local play interesting! Would be easiest for of users to be just given a resize able window they could place anywhere or drop onto a second monitor. Lack of rigid window control would cause performance issues though. Be very hard for Codies to test and also guarantee user performance for. 2 consoles in the same room or 2 pcs would be even better. Which could lead to party rooms with the possibility of large groups of people paying for a 2 hour session where they could all team up and race. Be great for parties and work coop sessions.

I think though we are running away with the forward thinking here, we're gonna get one new added feature a year maybe and better be grateful for that!

This is an area I'm confident that Ian Bell and his SMS team would work wonders for.....

I just see this as an area where developing for console holds PC back. But yes, as LAN mode is already present, it's another option.

The other direction is of course that this will be perfectly feasible in hosted gameplay like Google Stadia.

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Edited by FabioCamperi92

On 5/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Hopefully they keep everything as it was in F1 2014. They should add if one wants the damage or not. Like me if I want to take away the damage and my friend instead wants to keep it. In the online if you took away the damage, it also applied to your friend. You turned them off for everyone. About the AI: it would not make sense to remove them because this means making split screen worse. Being that they put it back, they have to improve it and not take away from the things it had before

On 5/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, sloppysmusic said:

And I hope you can stay in different teams because in F1 2014 I don't remember if it could be done because you didn't play it. In my opinion there will be AI pilots and you can be different teams. If you can't be on different teams, it means that my friend is forced to be on my team even if he doesn't want to

• Agree 1

I said this because it would challenge a friend in split screen and see who is the best. And that's why I asked if you can be in different teams. Then if my team can also be my friend, I'm fine with it anyway. I hope both can be done

• Agree 1

according to you they will keep the same as in F1 2014 in regards to the split screen. in theory they should keep everything then I don't know why they are the same producers of the game then they decide in the end. this was my idea

reply: 

On 5/6/2020 at 8:22 PM, FabioCamperi92 said:

according to you they will keep the same as in F1 2014 in regards to the split screen. in theory they should keep everything then I don't know why they are the same producers of the game then they decide in the end. this was my idea