Are wet races even playable with a pad?

I have to drop my AI difficulty by 20 to even be remotely able to compete with the superhuman amazing AI who doesn't appear to feel the rain at all.

Yes, you have to be smooth in the rain. But how on earth are you supposed to be smooth with a pad?

Problem with AI is they instantly adapt to the conditions without having to learn where the grip level is I can keep up with AI in set damp or wet conditions but when its ever changing they just pull away.

• Agree 1

Wet races in multiplayer is pretty tough using no traction control,,

and that's using a ffb wheel,. 

When it came to rain we could always beat the pad guys ,

once track dried out the pad guys became almost unbeatable,

• Agree 2

Wet /dry races are the great equalizer between wheel and pad users. Only time everyone has a fair shot at winning.

The pad triggers are not on/off buttons. Apply power gently, it's perfectly fine once you learn how.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Problem with AI is they instantly adapt to the conditions without having to learn where the grip level is I can keep up with AI in set damp or wet conditions but when its ever changing they just pull away.

This is one of the major problems with AI, they don't hesitate or need to get in a rhythm, they're simply programmed to be as fast as possible immediately.

Likewise, when we as the player are having trouble with spray and visibility, the AI will just be able to go around as usual because they don't need vision or judgement to drive. Wet weather racing definitely exposes some of those flaws.

I play on 90% difficulty and find the wet races very enjoyable. I’m doing a championship season with Sainz and when it rains I’m able to pull a shock result out the bag.

I just did a double take and realized this is actually a thread by a PAD user stating they feel the game is somehow biased against their method of control. There is a level of irony in that I find it hard not to find amusing. 😉

We don't read many of these!

Hope it works out for you tho man, I'm all for total equality for all input devices.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TO87 said:

I have to drop my AI difficulty by 20 to even be remotely able to compete with the superhuman amazing AI who doesn't appear to feel the rain at all.

Yes, you have to be smooth in the rain. But how on earth are you supposed to be smooth with a pad?

Yeah mate.. The better solution?? Throw your pad against the wall and make him in a couple of pieces😃😃 now talking serious wet races its in this game much more "easy" to the wheel guys.. Either if you turn TC or put more wing setup or suspension worever.. Raining nothing best to try a wheel.. Raining and dry.. Wheel its the fairway the bestest equipment.. Unfortunelly i in my Xbox One i haven t conditions to use One because of the space i need and i Don t have