DiRT Rally 2.0 Head to Heads

Posted (edited)

This is a head to head series I have been working on that puts cars we can't always directly compare on Dirt Rally 2.0 against each other.

Episode 1 puts one of the fastest Rally GT cars against the RX Audi S1.

Episode 2 is Subaru vs Mitsubishi, you'll be suprised how they stack up on the current leaderboard.

Hope you guys enjoy and have some suggestions for future battles! 

Edited by MCMHenri
Updating episode description.
  • Like 2

Good video. Also, nice to see a face from the old Forza drift lounge here.

3 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Good video. Also, nice to see a face from the old Forza drift lounge here.

Thank you! I can't believe you remember me from the drift lounge, that's such a huge throwback😊

59 minutes ago, MCMHenri said:

Thank you! I can't believe you remember me from the drift lounge, that's such a huge throwback😊

You made some of the best drift montages for Forza, "The Thrill" comes to mind the most. Was epic.

15 hours ago, MCMHenri said:

if a video was part of a series or discussion I could post here.

This one qualifies, hope you do more 🙂 

Keep them in this thread though, you should be able to change your thread title.

Group B 4WD vs Group B Rallycross might be an interesting test.

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, PJTierney said:

This one qualifies, hope you do more 🙂 

Keep them in this thread though, you should be able to change your thread title.

Group B 4WD vs Group B Rallycross might be an interesting test.

Thank you! The plan is to release one every other Friday (they take longer than I thought). And thank you for the suggestion, I've been curious about the real difference between the two as well! Definitely will be in an episode.

Edited by MCMHenri

14 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

You made some of the best drift montages for Forza, "The Thrill" comes to mind the most. Was epic.

Thank you, I really appreciate that😁 I miss those days

On the net there is a test between Hamilton in his F1 car versus a rallycross supercar of Ken Block

• Like 1

On a short sprint course there isn't much that will touch a modern rallycross Supercar. 

9 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

On a short sprint course there isn't much that will touch a modern rallycross Supercar. 

You'd need to look towards electric for a good competitor, a Gen 2 Formula E car can do 0-100kmh in about 2.8 seconds but even that gets beat by the RX Supercars which are around 2.0.

Yeah, and a Formula E car is nowhere near as agile as a Supercar. 

Ok, somebody chime in with 'Ah, but you'd have to drive the Porsche differently you see...'

Nice vid, first outcome expected. Second though...

Next should be Mitsubishi Lancer R4 VS R5 Cars

• Like 2

goddamn that F1 car looks like it's standing still at the start. but it's an F1 car!

23 minutes ago, ianism said:

goddamn that F1 car looks like it's standing still at the start. but it's an F1 car!

On a large circuit the F1 car would have passed the RX Supercar by the first corner, but up to 110/110, the Supercar is untouchable! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

On a large circuit the F1 car would have passed the RX Supercar by the first corner, but up to 110/110, the Supercar is untouchable! 

haha of course. i know in my head they're faster at accelerating to that speed, but it's just amazing to see the difference in real life

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, ianism said:

haha of course. i know in my head they're faster at accelerating to that speed, but it's just amazing to see the difference in real life

A pack of Supercars leaving the line is, in my personal opinion, one of the best spectacles in motorsport. 

4 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Ok, somebody chime in with 'Ah, but you'd have to drive the Porsche differently you see...'

Nice vid, first outcome expected. Second though...

Hahah my friend already did! So there should be a bonus video next week where i drive the Porsche "properly". Thank you.

Hahah I had to triple check the footage to make sure that second outcome was right😂

3 hours ago, ianism said:

One reason is that the F1 car is still spinning its wheels on launch, can't put all its power down whereas an RX car with AWD can just slam it and away they go.

• Agree 1

This took a lot longer than I expected!! Many many issues and bad luck in creating this for some reason.

But here is the second episode, Mitsubishi vs Subaru!

I'm really curious as to why the results turned out the way they did? Because it makes the game seem a little broken, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know haha. 

Group B rallycross vs rally vs 306 maxi next I think!?

• Like 1

Well, you can compare Group B 4wd to R5 or 2000cc... and Group B 4wd in Dirt Rally 2.0 are faster (usually) .... For me the Lancia Delta S4 is one the fastest cars of the game (if not the fastest, maybe Peugeot 205 group B some people write)... while in real life there is no way an old Group B 4wd could outperform any of the modern WRC, I could even write that any WRC of this century would destroy a Group B car in gravel (and tarmac also... ) not because of horsepower and torque, but better suspensions, brakes, better tires, faster gearboxes.... 

This is not a good example, but a lot of motorcycle riders (50+ years) that had a past with a little bit circuit experience told me... just by changing the tires of some of their old bikes (2 stroke 250cc - 500cc) to the new ones that carry the last rubber innovations the improvement is ABYSMAL.... imagine new suspension, brakes, gearbox

So... As you can see regarding stage times the game is unrealistic (Unless they developers say that all Group B cars have received the latest Ohlins or Intrax suspensions, new tires, brakes, etc.)

• Like 2

Very interesting. So what should Codies do to make the game more realistic in your opinion? Perhaps weaken Group B cars' braking and cornering performance?

@PJTierney I think it's important to make devs aware of this thread in respect to the future Dirt Rally games.

On 5/2/2020 at 2:50 PM, tbtstt said:

What about a group A car?;)

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

Very interesting. So what should Codies do to make the game more realistic in your opinion? Perhaps weaken Group B cars' braking and cornering performance?

@PJTierney I think it's important to make devs aware of this thread in respect to the future Dirt Rally games.

I'll be doing Group B cars next episode, so will definitely comment on where they are unbalanced!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCMHenri said:

I'll be doing Group B cars next episode, so will definitely comment on where they are unbalanced!

Look forward to seeing it.