Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally - What is your 'favorite' pacenote

ZbP

I still haven't worked out what the hell a 'half long' is supposed to be . Surely half of a long thing is a normal sized thing?  :|
It's basically a long corner cut in half, which usually you can take with higher speeds then a normal long corner.
  • 1 month later...
Whenever I hear the "tightens to" while in a 5-6 turn.

And in one of the greece stages where there's first a blind 5 that you can take full throttle, followed by a blind 5 that you have to brake and cut hard to take. The codriver treats them as the same kind of corner :-/
This spot from Tsiristra Thea. "right one, left one half long, right one" my arse

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7692898,22.5304993,135m/data=!3m1!1e3

Those notes make sense to me though, because you have to think of how low the speed is when entering, and none of the corners are sharp enough to be hairpins at that speed. So one, one, one makes perfect sense.

To me.

:open_mouth:

So these calls are really speed dependent? I mean, the middle one is almost a handbrake turn. Also, "half long"? It's almost 180°! Doesn't make sense (to me)

What does "half long" mean actually? Does it mean half of "long", i.e. middle ground between a regular and a long corner, or does it mean "half as long" as a regular corner, i.e. shorter? Or does it mean something entirely different? I could never figure because I could never find a pattern.

edit: somehow I can't imagine it's speed dependent. I mean, after exiting that spot (eastwards), there's a long high speed more or less straight, and a 3 or 4 at the end where you have to slow down considerably. In some other places in the game, where you're approaching with low speed, you can floor it through 3s and 4s. Only thing they seem to have roughly in common is corner radius. Or so I thought.
I guess you mean Kathodo Leontiou/Fourketa Kourva. It's true, that happens there, but I think it's a bug, because the HUD will always display a left 3. Or do you know more examples where this happens?
It could be one of those, but I think the HUD also displayed accodingly.

It's this one. Co-driver will say either "60 - (long pause) - left 4 - 60" or "60 - (shorter pause) - left 3 - 60". In both cases, a 3 is displayed on screen.

By the way, it seems to only depend on if you're going flat-out or not, not on actual speed. You can trigger both in the 205 as well as the Mini Cooper (which goes easily around this corner flat-out)
  • 5 months later...
Cityjohn said:
Greek Tracks All have one major mistake like "Four left into three" when it CLEARLY should be "Two left stay in, rocks outside"...
Or where he doesn't even mention Extreme bad camber, or Stay in... 
So... I take it that isn't your favourite pacenote then? Because, well, that's kinda the point of this thread... *nervous smile* 
i think cornering numbers should be revisited trough all the stages. there are lot of wrong indications .  often a 3corner can be taken generously with 4th gear, sometimes  the exact turn, and so on 

i know it's a lot of work but this needs to be done ;) imo

Archived