Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally - What is your 'favorite' pacenote

ZbP

teknoid85 said:
i think cornering numbers should be revisited trough all the stages. there are lot of wrong indications .  often a 3corner can be taken generously with 4th gear, sometimes  the exact turn, and so on 

i know it's a lot of work but this needs to be done ;) imo

There's a pacenote in Germany where after a pretty fast straight there's a late, late call for a tight 3-left. 

Unless you know the stage like the back of your hand then all who run pacenote calls later than 'very early' will more than likely go straight on into the field. 

HOWEVER, my favourite pacenote is 6 left/right over jump. 
KevM said:
Its more angle than gearing though.  Some cars have 4 gears, whats a 6 right? :P
i know -_-

but gearing  and  cornering indication coincides  good with lot of cars

in a  3 left in greece for ex. you know you can take it at  80/100km/h.     what gear is that in  80% of cars????

don't be so polemical  ;)

It's this one. Co-driver will say either "60 - (long pause) - left 4 - 60" or "60 - (shorter pause) - left 3 - 60". In both cases, a 3 is displayed on screen.

By the way, it seems to only depend on if you're going flat-out or not, not on actual speed. You can trigger both in the 205 as well as the Mini Cooper (which goes easily around this corner flat-out)
Visual notes are handled in a different way than Paul's voice. The latter can have different variations depending on speed. Paul has recorded 4 times as many samples as there are in other languages. And they don't use variations. 
teknoid85 said:
KevM said:
Its more angle than gearing though.  Some cars have 4 gears, whats a 6 right? :P
i know -_-

but gearing  and  cornering indication coincides  good with lot of cars

in a  3 left in greece for ex. you know you can take it at  80/100km/h.     what gear is that in  80% of cars????

don't be so polemical  ;)
Im not...

enamel said:
I know which one is my co-drivers favorite pace note since he says it all the time: "Down on power."
Technically it's not a pace note since it is an update on your engine status instead of information about the route and your driving. But I get the idea ;) 
"Titans."

Amazing how long I puzzled over what the hell my co-driver was going on about, back when I was trying to learn something about rally with Rally Trophy.  Thought he might have been praying to the Greek gods to get him out of my car, soonest.

THIS!!!

This dang corner!!!!  Both directions!!!

It is NOT a 3, it's 2, maybe 2 half long, it requires a lot of knowledge and very careful and precise setup to make it as a 3.

Also, to who said about the gears and numbers, yes you can use them as a rough guide, but the notes are corner severity and not linked to gears at all.
There are many information calls that are not translated into ger/fra/esp/ita. Probably they are not used in the game. But in fairness, I wouldn't mind an occasional banter with the co-driver after a misspelled note or my reckless driving ;)
RubyRuby said:
"Titans."

Amazing how long I puzzled over what the hell my co-driver was going on about, back when I was trying to learn something about rally with Rally Trophy.  Thought he might have been praying to the Greek gods to get him out of my car, soonest.
Caution, Titans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ubvUDtEpLo

Archived