Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 trial PC

Guest Mike1158

G'day folks,

Trying to find a trial for the 2019 version for PC, seen two others but not relevent to me due to having a PC and nowt else, nor interest in acquiring anything else to be honest.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

4 minutes ago, Mike1158 said:

G'day folks,

Trying to find a trial for the 2019 version for PC, seen two others but not relevent to me due to having a PC and nowt else, nor interest in acquiring anything else to be honest.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

There is no trial version for PC. You can buy it on Steam but usual refund policy within 2 hours of gameplay if not for you.

• Agree 1

Guest Mike1158

Thanks, disappointing but I suppose that is the modern face of the industry.  As for a paid trial, not really my thing, not being a mug or soft touch for anything and I am quite aware that different equipment brings different quality of program.

10 hours ago, Mike1158 said:

Thanks, disappointing but I suppose that is the modern face of the industry.  As for a paid trial, not really my thing, not being a mug or soft touch for anything and I am quite aware that different equipment brings different quality of program.

That's true but there is so much footage available from the game not to mention many streams on twitch or YouTube to assess how it plays its only your personal equipment that really matters and then only on pc as consoles are pretty predictable.

Guest Mike1158

I get that but I run a PC.  So, not a helpful thing when other devices get a trial.

13 minutes ago, Mike1158 said:

I get that but I run a PC.  So, not a helpful thing when other devices get a trial.

You know why. Trials are generally the full product with restrictions to prevent access to certain modes without hitting a 'Buy Now'.

With a PC this code could be reverse engineered to get the game for free. Buy once, sell / share unlimited pirate versions.

Guest Mike1158

Much the same as any code can be hacked no matter what version.  I suspect that pc sales are considered less or of near zero importance but there seems to be a general move away from pc based gaming from what I can see.

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

You know why. Trials are generally the full product with restrictions to prevent access to certain modes without hitting a 'Buy Now'.

With a PC this code could be reverse engineered to get the game for free. Buy once, sell / share unlimited pirate versions.

That's technically true but many major devs have no problem doing it. If you release the whole code with just a restructured menu leaving the underlying game modes intact then yes it's definitely possible to get them to run. If you remove just a little of the code from the top level game mode functions then it just won't work. A library without a librarian or indexing system is not a library at all. It's just a pile of books. 📚😁. I'm not bothered either way whether there should be a demo or not. It's not like the old days where if devs didn't let magazines include demos nobody would even see a game. We can do everything except actually push the buttons ourselves to evaluate modern games.

53 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

That's technically true but many major devs have no problem doing it. If you release the whole code with just a restructured menu leaving the underlying game modes intact then yes it's definitely possible to get them to run. If you remove just a little of the code from the top level game mode functions then it just won't work. A library without a librarian or indexing system is not a library at all. It's just a pile of books. 📚😁. I'm not bothered either way whether there should be a demo or not. It's not like the old days where if devs didn't let magazines include demos nobody would even see a game. We can do everything except actually push the buttons ourselves to evaluate modern games.

That's assuming CM devs know how to do this 🙂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

That's assuming CM devs know how to do this 🙂

If in doubt, just let an intern loose with a hex editor on the code.... Just remember to write protect the part of the demo you WANT people to access.

📝🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

If in doubt, just let an intern loose with a hex editor on the code.... Just remember to write protect the part of the demo you WANT people to access.

📝🤣

I think that's what they do 🤣

17 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I think that's what they do 🤣

You're talking about final release pre - patch code right?

🤣😜

Sorry Codies I don't mean it, just having some fun!.🙏

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

You're talking about final release pre - patch code right?

🤣😜

Sorry Codies I don't mean it, just having some fun!.🙏

All of it, probably.

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

All of it, probably.

😏🤔 We'll never know!

• Haha 1