F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

HUD for replays in F1 2020

Hello @BarryBL

Can we get a positions and lap HUD for replays in F1 2020? It wouldn‘t be too hard to implement would it? Right now it is so hard to keep track of which lap the replay currently is and which drivers are in what positions and who already has retired. Imagine how cool this game would be if it had the spectator‘s HUD running in replays. Full replays would finally make sense and be worth watching.

Please make it happen 🙂

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

I agree the whole replay system needs an overhaul. Would make esports and serious leagues more popular too. It's a great way to learn from your mistakes too as well as learning from better drivers how they succeed. Got your butt handed to you recently? Watch the race from the winners cockpit and find out why! ERS and fuel mapping displays as well as tire temp and wear would be invaluable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Agreed. I like to watch the replay of my races, and upload those, so people can watch the race instead of just watching me drive around the whole time.

But it's impossible to know what place I'm in, how much time has passed, what lap I'm on, or anything.  There's literally nothing on the screen!

Also, please add some more camera angles during the replay.  The Baku replay showed my car going through the castle section from the overhead view.  Every.  Single.  Lap.  O_o  Maybe a chance to show onboard views as well, to change it up?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Agree that the HUD would be nice. I'd also like a way to quickly skip to the part of the replay I want to see without holding down fast forward. I've also never been a fan of the camera angles used and would much prefer ones a that mimic the TV coverage. The current ones always seem overly zoomed at parts. I've noticed some cool helicopter shots from the previews though.

What makes you guys think we're getting replays at all? has this been condirmed? 
Or you just mean the stupid theater thingies?

1 minute ago, Bicarda said:

What makes you guys think we're getting replays at all? has this been condirmed? 
Or you just mean the stupid theater thingies?

I was talking single player but definitely hope it's there for MP players too.

9 minutes ago, SASColfer said:

I was talking single player but definitely hope it's there for MP players too.

Oh sorry! i got ya. 
I forgot those were even in there 😛 do they still only work from the last flashback/save?

But yeah i hope so much they will be in for multiplayer..

And I want this for singleplayer. But yeah, it should be for both parties. Single and multiplayer.

amount of times i have gone into replay mode to watch a start or a crash i sometimes have to go into photo mode or look by the helmet design to see who i'm spectating. so for me this would be a great feature

9 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

amount of times i have gone into replay mode to watch a start or a crash i sometimes have to go into photo mode or look by the helmet design to see who i'm spectating. so for me this would be a great feature

Most definitely it would help in so many ways. They could for example use the spectator‘s HUD which is already there in online mode. Would be the perfect solution.

@BarryBL anything you can say regarding this topic? 🙂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Agree to all of this. Replays are really a pain in the ass where they totally should and could be very helpful. I do full races in my career, but when I want to rewatch an accident or overtake on the last lap, I have to hold the forward-button for 10 minutes to get to the end.

I think it's not much to ask adding basic things like a useful fast forward (like having a button 'next lap' and 'previous lap'. Pressing it ones gets you to the next lap. Holding it will skip multiple laps fast, so I won't have to press it 70 times to get to the last lap.

But I would like to see a full replay mode with tv graphics aswell. This feature is not as neccessary as the things stated above, but it just feels as a big shame that they don't use those graphics for the replay aswell.

Edited by Falstojudilofa

2 hours ago, Falstojudilofa said:

Agree to all of this. Replays are really a pain in the ass where they totally should en could be very helpful. I do full races in my career, but when I want to rewatch an accident or overtake on the last lap, I have to hold the forward-button for 10 minutes to get to the end.

I think it's not much to ask adding basic things like a useful fast forward (like having a button 'next lap' and 'previous lap'. Pressing it ones gets you to the next lap. Holding it will skip multiple laps fast, so I won't have to press it 70 times to get to the last lap.

But I would like to see a full replay mode with tv graphics aswell. This feature is not as neccessary as the things stated above, but it just feels as a big shame that they don't use those graphics for the replay aswell.

Yes to this 🙂

Well watch tiametmarduks video he talks about what they have added to replays for online at least and it's sounds good

31 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Well watch tiametmarduks video he talks about what they have added to replays for online at least and it's sounds good

Can you provide a link? I haven‘t seen anything regarding this and so far Barry hasn‘t answered in this thread. :(

Yeah I just watched it, however he says absolutely nothing about there being a HUD in replays. And if there is a HUD I REALlY hope it‘s not only for online but also for offline single players!!!

• Agree 1

Yeah totally agree but still you got admit having the aws stuff sounds cool makes me want to go back into commenting almost. I would always have to take screenshots of the different strategies before the race

I never understood why they don’t have at least Tower on the top left and a drivers name and position Badge and the f1 Logo in offline single player. They have it in online spectator mode so it should be in single player as well. This feature and the possibility to save full replays would be the cherry on top of a great game. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

For me it looks like the best f1 codemasters game to this date could be in the making. Cant wait for july.

Edited by weltmeister2211

On 5/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, AllenB2609 said:

And I want this for singleplayer. But yeah, it should be for both parties. Single and multiplayer.

What i said sounded wrong i didn't mean i didn't want it for single player 😛
obviously for both. 

I meant we need replays in general for mp 😛 cause we don't even got those. (xept the theatre thing that was fun for a few times when it just came out) 

Codies, just enable the spectator‘s HUD for replays and it would be the perfect solution. Online and offline. :classic_love:

• Agree 1

Nothing I can confirm at this time.

• Thanks 1