Sign in to follow this  

Highlights in 2020

Hopefully codemasters change the highlights system in 2020. In 2019 you can only see your highlights if you haven’t had a mid session save and seen as though I play 100% races I can never hardly see my highlights, hopefully this changes for 2020.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, peanutt2000 said:

Hopefully codemasters change the highlights system in 2020. In 2019 you can only see your highlights if you haven’t had a mid session save and seen as though I play 100% races I can never hardly see my highlights, hopefully this changes for 2020.

cheers

100 % here too, I didn't know about the mid session save issue. I still think we should have a manual highlight function where we press a button or button combo and the last 5 or 10 seconds of game play is added to the highlight reel. Be fantastic for multiplayer too. Got shunted and penalized? Save the incident instantly for review after. Iracing has an auto highlight setup where after the race you can watch every single incident in the race and review it. I don't play myself I seen streamers do it often. It seems to save both collisions and spins. Both give you rating hits so you'd definitely want to see why after, a great feature. I want it!

• Agree 1

This. And we absolutely need this for multiplayer too to see back incidents more easily. 

Need yo have a look at iracing is a proper work your way up sim from what I have heard.

My highlights in f1 2019 are always daft ones. Shows a slow mo of me driving alone yet missedls that 5 by side overtake down main straight in Baku!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Adding to this, please add an option to save the highlights from the results screen of a multiplayer race. Currently if you're in a lobby, it only saves the last 3 races and you have to quit in order to save which usually isn't worth it.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

We should be able to save the full race replays in an offline or offline races. Project Cars has done this for years, now that they are part of codemasters, can't they get those folks to tell them how to do it? 

Edited by TomAAA

22 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

We should be able to save the full race replays in an offline or offline races. Project Cars has done this for years, now that they are part of codemasters can't they get those folks to tell them how to do it? 

Quite possibly F1 management won't allow it for worry people will start uploading thousands of online races online diluting the real races they sell to subscribers. No wonder why there are so many copyright strikes for people uploading F1 game videos. I really hope this is not the reason though.

13 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

100 % here too, I didn't know about the mid session save issue. I still think we should have a manual highlight function where we press a button or button combo and the last 5 or 10 seconds of game play is added to the highlight reel. Be fantastic for multiplayer too. Got shunted and penalized? Save the incident instantly for review after. Iracing has an auto highlight setup where after the race you can watch every single incident in the race and review it. I don't play myself I seen streamers do it often. It seems to save both collisions and spins. Both give you rating hits so you'd definitely want to see why after, a great feature. I want it!

Great idea.