Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

changed graphics card and now f1 2019 crashing

18 minutes ago, CLOVERLEAF said:

ok weird one as got a new message come up after some changes ... Somebody told me to turn  down the max fps to 60 and textured shadowing off.. Now as im no expert im just trying everything people say

and yes the game crashed but with a message I have never seen before...  said neon error and texture allocation failure... insufficient video memry

Please ensure display adaptor meets required minimum specification..

is that useful info or was the other person just giving me false info? 

oh and decided to load project cars up and that seems okay with higher settings it has taken on

DDU and go back to 442.74 for the drivers. 445 Series is future tech, it's not really aimed at your card.

Enable VSYNC. Set the refresh to 60Hz, try 'High' preset.

But yes, seriously the BIOS update and the Windows patch are important. You can try DDU the ATI drivers, even if you think they're uninstalled. DDU works best in Safe Mode.

okay will try the 442,74 driver and try the rest you said.

yeah I did DDU the Ati drivers in safe mode twice.. (learnt something new )

just had a look at the Bios update, its a ROM FILE...  what software do you use to access ROM Files.

oh and on another note. In all honesty Steve am I best looking at upgrading the motherboard anyway even if the bios update works  etc.  as it is so old hat now ? 

1 hour ago, CLOVERLEAF said:

okay will try the 442,74 driver and try the rest you said.

yeah I did DDU the Ati drivers in safe mode twice.. (learnt something new )

just had a look at the Bios update, its a ROM FILE...  what software do you use to access ROM Files.

oh and on another note. In all honesty Steve am I best looking at upgrading the motherboard anyway even if the bios update works  etc.  as it is so old hat now ? 

You can't JUST change the motherboard. Doing that you need a new CPU, faster memory (at least, maybe new). I did outline the procedure in an earlier post.

If you are prepared for that, there is nothing to lose doing the BIOS update. If you mess it up (this board has a Crash Free BIOS so you should be OK and you seem willing to learn)

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8H61-M_LE/E6476_P8H61-M_LE_series.zip?_ga=2.201837649.1128215772.1588709142-2053938894.1588709142 is the manual if you don't have it.

Steve, sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was meaning changing the motherboard as a good upgrade anyway for the future (not just for this game)   and yeah I am aware that would mean changing the cpu , ram etc... (maybe even a new power pack as its still the original 650w one)    Ive really apart from this graphics card just bought not spent any money on this computer  since I got it years ago ,apart from changing the hdd for a ssd.  Ive got a nice nzxt phantom full tower case too when I bought it years ago so space isn't a problem for components..  

So I bottled it...    well not really but not going to do the bios update...  Missus said I would be in trouble if I broke the main computer especially as her laptop is stuck at my daughters house atm..

But I have had a major win and SUCCESS...….   hence why im writing this at 3am.. lol..  couldn't sleep and something was telling me, put the radeon HD6950 graphics card back in.  So done all the stuff and Guess what.  Where as before it wouldn't run past ultra low mode with either graphics card, the HD6950 can run all the way up to ultra high . Sure it laggy at that setting so backed it off to high and might make some more tweaks to fine tune but now I have skid marks on the track etc...

im guessing the ati card has benefited from a clean install    

So im good to go as it stands....   done a 25% race distance and didn't crash....    shut the game down on several occasions and it now seems stable.   

im thinking.. Do I quit whilst im ahead now. is it even possible the nvidia card was faulty...  ??

Decision decisions...  

4 hours ago, CLOVERLEAF said:

So I bottled it...    well not really but not going to do the bios update...  Missus said I would be in trouble if I broke the main computer especially as her laptop is stuck at my daughters house atm..

But I have had a major win and SUCCESS...….   hence why im writing this at 3am.. lol..  couldn't sleep and something was telling me, put the radeon HD6950 graphics card back in.  So done all the stuff and Guess what.  Where as before it wouldn't run past ultra low mode with either graphics card, the HD6950 can run all the way up to ultra high . Sure it laggy at that setting so backed it off to high and might make some more tweaks to fine tune but now I have skid marks on the track etc...

im guessing the ati card has benefited from a clean install    

So im good to go as it stands....   done a 25% race distance and didn't crash....    shut the game down on several occasions and it now seems stable.   

im thinking.. Do I quit whilst im ahead now. is it even possible the nvidia card was faulty...  ??

Decision decisions...  

It's possible the Nvidia card has drivers that aren't all that great. :classic_rolleyes:

The HD6950 should use the built-in Windows driver (15.7.1) it's five years old but yeah, that's the way to go. 

The other thing to consider is whether or not V-SYNC is enabled. F1 2019 ships with V-SYNC OFF by default. High framerates are as much to blame as the 'wrong' settings.

For others can you list resolution (e.g. 1280x720) refresh rate, V-SYNC, AA (TAA/Checkerboard/Off), AF (e.g. 4x) you can get the frame rate from a benchmark?

There are plenty who would say quit while you're ahead, but I stand by always advising BIOS updates for the documented (and undocumented) improvements.

Edited by steviejay69