Jump to content
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Classic car Tier selection

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've played around with classic cars for a while now. How come you don't allow the host the choice of what classic cars the player's chooses from? For example If I wanted to host play, an early ninety's race I wouldn't be allowed or able to restrict players from choosing the 1998 McLaren although it's an early nineties race.

There's no options for the host in the lobby to play around with. In the classic cars section. You have options to restrict assists but not classic car choice based on classic car tier/class in C1 C2 or C3 can you look into adding this for F1 2020 options menu for lobby host online @BarryBL it would be appricated and classic races a bit more fun instead of people always picking the fastest tiered car when available.     

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point. In project cars 2 all the classic cars are divided into separate performance classes so its quick and easy to either allow cars from one class only or allow multi class races where different classes are allowed but they are all racing ONLY their actual class like in real life multi class races, such as endurance races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

In project cars 2 all the classic cars are divided into separate performance classes so its quick and easy to either allow cars from one class only or allow multi class races where different classes are allowed but they are all racing ONLY their actual class like in real life multi class races, such as endurance races.

You know this is already in F1 2019 single player? Exactly like you described you can select multi-class and the race results are separated per class. Would be good to have it online as well, but like @Chromatic suggested it would be great for the host to be able to select a single car for everone rather than always having the whole class available. Currently you can't really race the slowest classics online as everybody else will just pick the fastest.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

You know this is already in F1 2019 single player? Exactly like you described you can select multi-class and the race results are separated per class. Would be good to have it online as well, but like @Chromatic suggested it would be great for the host to be able to select a single car for everone rather than always having the whole class available. Currently you can't really race the slowest classics online as everybody else will just pick the fastest.

That's cool I didn't know that was the case. But yes it needs to be in mp now as it's an obvious oversight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

That's cool I didn't know that was the case. But yes it needs to be in mp now as it's an obvious oversight.

Actually I just tried and it's in multiplayer already as well, you can select 2 of any of the classes or have them all available to have multi-class races with separate results. Can't believe I've never tried that before to be honest. So all we need now is the option for spec-races.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Good point. In project cars 2 all the classic cars are divided into separate performance classes so its quick and easy to either allow cars from one class only or allow multi class races where different classes are allowed but they are all racing ONLY their actual class like in real life multi class races, such as endurance races.

That's not exactly what I'm getting at. Instead what I'm trying to say is single class (C2) or (C1) or (C3) by itself for example Allowing the host to enable/disable certain cars within that class so players can use the Williams fw14b and the McLaren 1991 car only for an early nineties race.  Instead of current system of full choice or RESTRICTED to one car access of the entire class.

So in other words if I wanted to host an early 2000's F1 car race. I can disable the late 2000's cars from the host's menu so players have the option to pick early 2000's F1 cars ONLY People can pick different cars like the early 2000's Willams and Ferrari. Instead of what we have now full choice or being forced onto a grid of only one car in that class. It gives players choice of a car from that part of the decade. Early or late. As well as the current system of full choice or restricted to one car only in that specific class

Give the host of an online session more option's to play around with in the classic car class lobby.

I hope you understand 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah I get what you're saying, good idea. It'd be great if the host could simply select the specific classic cars for everyone to choose from, rather than the whole class or 1 spec car (which also isn't currently possible).

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get what you're saying too. Is this the same as what pcars does now? you can select up to 4 car class types or 4 exact actual cars. If you do the latter I dont know if THEY have to be in the same class haven't actually tried that yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I get what you're saying too. Is this the same as what pcars does now? you can select up to 4 car class types or 4 exact actual cars. If you do the latter I dont know if THEY have to be in the same class haven't actually tried that yet!

Good question project cars 2 has it in there I think? The first project cars game doesn't have it.  

Edited by Chromatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×