Update kerbs in F1 2020

Posted (edited)

most of the tracks have dated kerbs from F1 2010. To ensure the best possible experience, the tracks must be updated with the relative kerbs. Tracks like baku, Barcelona, austria, Budapest, spa,Singapore and Usa need new kerbs. Small things make the difference and Codemasters should not leave anything to chance. Simulation is also this, in addition to improving physics and sound so much, we need attention to detail. I keep saying the way to go, go towards simulation because you have no idea how many passionate people there are. The game deserves great realism, not adding help to bring new people. F1 is not a sport for everyone. @BarryBL

Edited by mikyesposto95
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 4

55 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

most of the tracks have dated kerbs from F1 2010. To ensure the best possible experience, the tracks must be updated with the relative kerbs. Tracks like baku, Barcelona, austria, Budapest, spa,Singapore and Usa need new kerbs. Small things make the difference and Codemasters should not leave anything to chance. Simulation is also this, in addition to improving physics and sound so much, we need attention to detail. I keep saying the way to go, go towards simulation because you have no idea how many passionate people there are. The game deserves great realism, not adding help to bring new people. F1 is not a sport for everyone. @BarryBL

Its what i been saying at this Times.. The People wants realism.. And F1 game compared against Assetto Corsa the Assetto is Amazing!!! One real step ahead 

• Like 3

If you have any specific kerbs, be sure to list them if you have time to do so! It's always good to list the specific things, because then there is a higher chance that specific thing gets fixed instead of some other thing you didn't even know existed 🙂 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I think in an official game we should get the accurate track and track perimeter. Circuits evolve, they are living, breathing things. Bumps are removed, camber is changed, surfaces are altered, runoffs are adjusted, grass is grown, gravel is generally removed :classic_wacko: facilities change, stands are repositioned, etc.

The advertising is another matter because fees.

And the clock changes throughout the race.... OK Codies, next gen though, really!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

If you have any specific kerbs, be sure to list them if you have time to do so! It's always good to list the specific things, because then there is a higher chance that specific thing gets fixed instead of some other thing you didn't even know existed 🙂 

You know, people who can post the inaccuracies in a detailed fashion are the kind of people who might be useful in the beta.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, UP100 said:

So...we have Budapest turns 6 and 7, kerbs never been like this in reality. Baku first corner and the kerb to the castle. In Barcelona the kerb of curve 11 is a trap, in reality it is not so high. Spa also has curbs that are too high compared to reality, like Singapore. in the USA good or bad we are there but something is still missing. We should do the comparison work with all the tracks and update the bigger things, hoping to have the laser scanner with the new generation

Edited by mikyesposto95
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Before curbs are updated, I would like the off track penalties sorted out.  Often a time is invalidated when only 2 wheels are on the curb and the other 2 are well on the black stuff.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, thisdisplayname said:

Before curbs are updated, I would like the off track penalties sorted out.  Often a time is invalidated when only 2 wheels are on the curb and the other 2 are well on the black stuff.

for penalties we should create a new discussion. The strict penalty system is done very badly, if compared to reality there is too much severity. I hope to be selected in the beta to give lots of feedback and to take care of every detail for the good of all

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

was playing project cars 2 and i noticed compared to the f1 game the kerb at spain at turn 11 is really dodgy so if they could fix that corner then i would love spain allot more.

Edited by Nightfire1964
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Spain:

Exit Kerbs of Turn 2, 5, 9, 12, 13 & 15 need to be reworked (mostly need to be flatter and extended in length to allow a more close to real life usage of the Kerbs).

Entry Kerb of Turn 11 needs to be less OffCamber and flatter, to allow flatout driving over the Kerb as in real life.

Entry Kerb of Turn 7 & 8 need to be updated as well.

The other Kerbs are fine, though not 100% acccurate as the track does not seem to be laserscanned.

Real life footage:

F1 2019 the game:

image.png

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Belgium:

Exit Kerbs of Turn 1, 9, 11, 14 & 15 need to be reworked (mostly need to be flatter and extended in length to allow a more close to real life usage of the Kerbs).

Entry Kerbs of Turn 7, 12, 13, 14, 19 & 20 need to be flatter to allow a more aggressive usage as irl.

The bus stop section is not accurate, Turn 7, 8, 9 are not accurate in width and dimensions, as the track does not seem to be laserscanned.

Real life footage:

F1 2019 the game:

1200px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thisdisplayname said:

In my experience, however unpredictable and seemingly random at some points, the game NEVER gives you a penalty for not going off track. 
you'll find when you replay and watch it from a different angle than you did get all 4 tires off track. 

It's hard to see from especially cockpit cam but even in t-cam sometimes. 
But I've 1000+ hours in this game now and there have been countless times where I replayed to call the game on its ******** but I've never once been able to catch it on giving me an unjust warning. 

The thing that's annoying is that it allows you to go wide on the exit on some corners (Stowe, Hungary t 11, all of France except turn 2) you can go wide 90% of the time and get a warning the next lap. 

It just needs to be more consistent. Germany t1 is a good example on how it's done right.. cutting it is 3. going wide is a warning, except if you lift enough to lose half a second. 
It's clear for everyone and fair. insta warning for going wide at Stowe would help a lot too. 

And then there's the weird spots like Spa busstop or Japan chicane where you get an instant 5 second for marginally cutting the inside which is beyond ridiculous 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Belgium:

Exit Kerbs of Turn 1, 9, 11, 14 & 15 need to be reworked (mostly need to be flatter and extended in length to allow a more close to real life usage of the Kerbs).

Entry Kerbs of Turn 7, 12, 13, 14, 19 & 20 need to be flatter to allow a more aggressive usage as irl.

The bus stop section is not accurate, Turn 7, 8, 9 are not accurate in width and dimensions, as the track does not seem to be laserscanned.

1200px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

It's almost like the devs can't be arsed to go look at the tracks themselves 😉

I understand we should do the 'bug reports' if we want some fixed.. (Although they should test better)
But this most definitely feels like you're doing their job. And all this information is freely and readily available. 

It's just the question of how seriously you take yourself as the 'official f1 game' 

But seeing as they can't even be bothered to add drs zones that got used last season I think it's very clear how seriously Codemasters take themselves. 

I think they're very surprised it's even as big a success as it is with the minimal effort they're putting in and just try to see how long they can milk this cow without actually doing any work since 2013...
I mean if it helps and us going track by track, kerb by kerb, makes the devs actually fix it then, by all means, I'm happy.. 
But they should just have done this on their own accord for EVERY NEW GAME.   (what's gonna change this year? hire track designers. and make them change ALL THE THINGS) 

How did not ONE of the devs watch f1 last season, saw them using drs on a straight where you can't use it in the game due to oversight. and got SO embarrassed that he just got up and fixed it himself? 
It's the official f1 game with a lot of made-up tracks, that don't reflect their real-world counterparts at all. 

I would have been making topics about this too if this was the biggest issue with the game but unfortunately it is one of the smaller... 
Codemasters has bigger fish to fry before we can call this game playable let alone e-sports ready. But it's not like they can't do it at the same time. 
They just need to hire people to do it. And do it. Because it needs to be done. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

It's almost like the devs can't be arsed to go look at the tracks themselves 😉

I understand we should do the 'bug reports' if we want some fixed.. (Although they should test better)
But this most definitely feels like you're doing their job. And all this information is freely and readily available. 

It's just the question of how seriously you take yourself as the 'official f1 game' 

But seeing as they can't even be bothered to add drs zones that got used last season I think it's very clear how seriously Codemasters take themselves. 

I think they're very surprised it's even as big a success as it is with the minimal effort they're putting in and just try to see how long they can milk this cow without actually doing any work since 2013...
I mean if it helps and us going track by track, kerb by kerb, makes the devs actually fix it then, by all means, I'm happy.. 
But they should just have done this on their own accord for EVERY NEW GAME.   (what's gonna change this year? hire track designers. and make them change ALL THE THINGS) 

How did not ONE of the devs watch f1 last season, saw them using drs on a straight where you can't use it in the game due to oversight. and got SO embarrassed that he just got up and fixed it himself? 
It's the official f1 game with a lot of made-up tracks, that don't reflect their real-world counterparts at all. 

I would have been making topics about this too if this was the biggest issue with the game but unfortunately it is one of the smaller... 
Codemasters has bigger fish to fry before we can call this game playable let alone e-sports ready. But it's not like they can't do it at the same time. 
They just need to hire people to do it. And do it. Because it needs to be done. 

the wrong way has been taken by adding more driving aids to bring people closer when actually playing it with all the aids is quite simple. Assetto Corsa also has help, but it certainly does not offer new help to buy the game, but focuses more on simulation. This is the way forward in the near future. F1 2021 will immediately need a new graphics engine and similar physics. There is no excuse as the game engine does not allow this etc ... the new consoles will be very powerful, so Codemasters must invest in a different experience, which first of all satisfies the real F1 fans. Those who want help play with help, but those who want a realistic simulation (like me), demand the best as physics, sound, graphics...Codemasters can make a game for F1 and simulation lovers, it must only have the courage

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, mikyesposto95 said:

the wrong way has been taken by adding more driving aids to bring people closer when actually playing it with all the aids is quite simple. Assetto Corsa also has help, but it certainly does not offer new help to buy the game, but focuses more on simulation. This is the way forward in the near future. F1 2021 will immediately need a new graphics engine and similar physics. There is no excuse as the game engine does not allow this etc ... the new consoles will be very powerful, so Codemasters must invest in a different experience, which first of all satisfies the real F1 fans. Those who want help play with help, but those who want a realistic simulation (like me), demand the best as physics, sound, graphics...Codemasters can make a game for F1 and simulation lovers, it must only have the courage

Well that direction has been taken and i don't think that will change. i don't think adding more assists or 'catering to the masses' is  a bad move per se. 

It just doesn't need to be exclusive with being as close-to-life as possible where possible.  personally i enjoy the driving more than enough. when it actually works, you don't get weird penalties, and no glitches occur. I like playing iracing and assetto too. But this game has gotten the balance right of accessibility and being able to have close racing. (although i think the dirty air should be a bit more profound as it's almost impossible to break drs on someone who has it) 

For me it's just the finetuning where codemasters really drops the ball, in the interface (both spectating and while driving) 
Track inaccuracies, the penalty system and instability. along with just a general lack of options in every part of the game but most profoundly multiplayer. 

So i don't mind them adding assists (and if they managed to fix the understeer they've gotten so much feedback on i think the driving will be in a good place.) but i DO wonder where they found the time to do that among all the other things that needed fixing/doing. and why they've chosen THAT to put in the initial announcement. Because i do NOT think there will be people who have alwayt wanted to try an f1 game but knew they sucked too much and now they added auto-reset to track and now they'd think "OOH well THAT CHANGES MATTERS! now i buy the game cause it has automatic reset to track!"

It doesn't need to be said what there will be more people who say 'Hey they've actually got the tracks done correctly this time, time to give it another go then' than buying the game for the assists. 

So yeah. i like the core of the driving. i don't think assists are a bad thing, i do think time could be better invested elsewhere and i do NOT understand how new assists made it into the initial press releases and interviews because there SHOULD be bigger new things to talk about or this series is absolutely done for. At least they had people making 2 new tracks now so they surely let them add the correct drs zones to the other tracks too.. Kerbs though......  I just don't think codies cares about kerbs much. as long as they kill you. 

if I were the director of Codemasters f1, I would make a list of things that can improve the game. 1 fix all the bugs first of all, do hours and hours of testing to try to eliminate the most annoying ones 2 try to make a realistic and simulative game, a scalable system for everyone. For example from 0-50 for traction control, 0-50 for stability control. In doing so, everyone decides their driving experience. Make novices happy, but above all by going towards simulation, make all F1 fans happy (who are much more than those who play recently or have never played F1). Of course, anyone who makes a football game for example does not do it to attract people who love basketball by putting a basketball mode into the football game. For me, the small details make the difference, the sound of the engine equal to reality, the depressions of the track, the curbs equal to reality. One could write a testament for the things that could be added, but Codemasters prefers to satisfy those who do not know F1 to bring it closer. I hope that one day we will consider what true lovers of the sport say, like me

6 hours ago, UP100 said:

When a developper shouts out "THIS IS THE OFFICIAL 2020 SEASON WITH ALL OFFICAL 2020 TRACKS AND CARS" 

As a buyer you may expect that EACH CAR, and EACH TRACK is up to OFFCIAL 2020 spec. Including DRS zones! 

so don't come with what specifically which curbs are needed. Don't pass THAT responsibilty to us, when it's the DEVELOPPERS responsibilty who has the OFFICIAL license to adress those details.

no excuses, no ********. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

When a developper shouts out "THIS IS THE OFFICIAL 2020 SEASON WITH ALL OFFICAL 2020 TRACKS AND CARS" 

As a buyer you may expect that EACH CAR, and EACH TRACK is up to OFFCIAL 2020 spec. Including DRS zones! 

so don't come with what specifically which curbs are needed. Don't pass THAT responsibilty to us, when it's the DEVELOPPERS responsibilty who has the OFFICIAL license to adress those details.

no excuses, no ********. 

Well yes it may be a but cheeky to ask you to do their work for them but in the real world if you need something done its faster to do it yourself! Or at least make it easier for whoever has to do it.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, UP100 said:

Pretty much every kerb at Interlagos needs fixing.

c2GrnMr.jpg

EngFxNG.jpg

9wuHe6z.jpg

9xV9qyO.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

From quickly checking on a few tracks on F1 2019 just a couple of hours ago, i found that only 1 track does not need a severe amount of work of improvement: France, Paul Ricard.

All other tracks, have at least 4 - 5 corners or Kerbs etc., that are incorrect.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done for track accuracy. I'm sure, for Codemasters the next gen title is a realistic target, if at all, to achieve that feat.

Time will tell, what CM will be focussing on, and whether or not we will see any drastic improvements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexTT said:

no excuses, no ********. 

Obviously it'd be optimal that everything would always be up-to-date etc., but there is no harm in listing these kerbs if you're willing to use that time for such thing. It could even help with allocating resources to the project if we could show the decision makers how many of the tracks are out-of-date 🙂 

On the other hand, thanks everyone who has already been listing these kerbs ❤️ 

2 hours ago, AlexTT said:

no excuses, no ********. 

The major biggest lesson for what i saw Last year and for what i am seeing now we can give to Codemasters is simply.. Myself as an F1 Fanatic i am thinking seriously on that possibility that is not buying anymore for a while their Games.. Its with a lot of sadness and unhappiness that i am saying this but everyone have a limit of patience.. After we are here everydays trying to show them where are the issues of the game and where they need to improve and how and at the final they Don t care about our opinion and what we think about.. So with another solutions available that we can choose like the Assetto Corsa i will think in that option 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Obviously it'd be optimal that everything would always be up-to-date etc., but there is no harm in listing these kerbs if you're willing to use that time for such thing. It could even help with allocating resources to the project if we could show the decision makers how many of the tracks are out-of-date 🙂 

On the other hand, thanks everyone who has already been listing these kerbs ❤️ 

And after we point them out, how long do you think the stuff will be updated? No offence but the totally unrealistic suzuka bump is there already for years and every year we adress it but it never gets taken out. 

and i'm not trying to discredit you in any way or whatever buddy, but those are the harsh facts about our experience with CM. Whatever we say, they don't care. The suzuka bump is the best example of them all. So when you feel like you're beeing ignored and people don't care about what we adress (i mean the whole community), what's the point of adressing those curbs when you already know they would never get fixed? 

all the negativity towards CM doesn't just appear overnight, this is the result of their ****** and disrespectfull behavior towards the community for years. It's a disgrace.

and now it's coming to a point where even F1 drivers bash the game publicly on social media. Not the best advertisement for CM. 

but i bet that they just throw out another edition with wrong tracks, wrong handling model, wrong DRS zones, and wrong the rest. 

it's just what they do. It's just who they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@AlexTT Obviously the Suzuka bump is a sad case... but there are also loads of good examples that have been done at least partially because of player feedback!

Maybe this will become Suzuka bump 2.0, or maybe they'll get fixed. Only time will tell 🙂

It's always better to have some kind of activity that users can spend their time on at least 😁 

Edited by UP100

16 hours ago, UP100 said:

@AlexTT Obviously the Suzuka bump is a sad case... but there are also loads of good examples that have been done at least partially because of player feedback!

Maybe this will become Suzuka bump 2.0, or maybe they'll get fixed. Only time will tell 🙂

It's always better to have some kind of activity that users can spend their time on at least 😁 

Reports and complaints have been ignored for years on end. There are A FEW things they have changed? maybe? ' fixed'  over the last versions of the game.. 
the pit ai not fixing your wing even though you set it to yes being one of them.. (and that was basically just a bugfix) from f1 2018 to f1 2019 they mainly removed a lot of stuff (championship mode, names in telemetry) and added stuff that doesn't work 😄 (league mode, f2) and fixed about NO THING... The only improvements are the font, filter and netcode (other cars online behave a lot smoother most of the time than in 2018) 

We understand player feedback is necessary for some things. But if you indeed advertise your game as the official f1 game with all the official tracks they just better be right or you're lying your ass of. 
Player feedback shouldn't be necessary for this. This info is readily available to codemasters. not situation dependant bugs or whatever. This is just about not being lazy and to own up to what you promise.  And it is this exact thing that makes people angry when Lee Mather goes all in on his story about how more assists were just what this game needed, even though we're waiting for years on them to fix the tracks and fix the game. 

For me personally, i hate the bugs and the unplayability and randomness of penalties and stuff more than wrong kerbs, so i'd have them fixed first if a choice needs being made. 
But these kerbs are just as embarrassing when calling yourself the official f1 game with the official f1 tracks. And once again shows a total lack of ambition. 
What good are nice graphics if you can't be bothered to give the kerbs the right color? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1