Update kerbs in F1 2020

18 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Reports and complaints have been ignored for years on end. There are A FEW things they have changed? maybe? ' fixed'  over the last versions of the game.. 
the pit ai not fixing your wing even though you set it to yes being one of them.. (and that was basically just a bugfix) from f1 2018 to f1 2019 they mainly removed a lot of stuff (championship mode, names in telemetry) and added stuff that doesn't work 😄 (league mode, f2) and fixed about NO THING... The only improvements are the font, filter and netcode (other cars online behave a lot smoother most of the time than in 2018) 

We understand player feedback is necessary for some things. But if you indeed advertise your game as the official f1 game with all the official tracks they just better be right or you're lying your ass of. 
Player feedback shouldn't be necessary for this. This info is readily available to codemasters. not situation dependant bugs or whatever. This is just about not being lazy and to own up to what you promise.  And it is this exact thing that makes people angry when Lee Mather goes all in on his story about how more assists were just what this game needed, even though we're waiting for years on them to fix the tracks and fix the game. 

For me personally, i hate the bugs and the unplayability and randomness of penalties and stuff more than wrong kerbs, so i'd have them fixed first if a choice needs being made. 
But these kerbs are just as embarrassing when calling yourself the official f1 game with the official f1 tracks. And once again shows a total lack of ambition. 
What good are nice graphics if you can't be bothered to give the kerbs the right color? 

Seems to me that the next game Tracks Publicity /Layout had been finally updated 🙏🙏 

Laser laser laserscan and the problems are gone

I would even pay more money for the game ....

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

@TheEmpireWasRight nice job there. :classic_smile: Somehow, I don't think updated kerbs is what we see on F1 2020, given that they have not addressed pit limiter speed at Silverstone for years.:classic_mellow:

But we have auto-reset to track now! something people have been waiting on for since like... never....

• Haha 4

In Singapore kerb on the inside of turn 14 is inaccurate. Some walls are outdated too (like exit of T14, inside of T18) and turns 16-17 have been reprofiled in real life.

In Mexico kerbs on turns 12,13,14,15 are too flat, Turn 10 is tighter in real life.

In Baku in real life many kerbs are just flat unlike in game.

In Silverstone there's kerb missing on the inside of turn 8.

In Abu Dhabi there's sausage kerb missing on the exit of T20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Found another video on YT, Suzuka, Japan:

Drooooooool

• Haha 1

Also they might as well start fixing Zandvoort too!
The real track hasn't even been changed yet but even then there are inaccuracies. 

https://grandpx.news/designer-says-zandvoort-not-accurate-in-f1-game/

"“It is especially clear to me that the corners are noticeably less dramatic than is the case in the real world. The old, unchanged corners are pretty much the same, but the Hugenholtz bend, for example, is much steeper in real life.
“In the game, the corner even looks somewhat flat. This is very different to what the drivers will experience in real life,” Zaffelli added.

Zaffelli said other details of the circuit are also not depicted correctly in the game, including the grandstands in the approach to the first corner.
“That whole dune is no longer there,” he said.

“If Codemasters make some adjustments before the game is released and they can dot the i’s, it will be a great experience for the players.” "

I feel bad for Zaffelli... he still thinks the codemasters actually care! 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

It would be perfect if they repair these little details make a practically perfect game

• Agree 2

New game, new track with everyone's eye on it now. Would be the perfect opportunity for Codies to show everyone how good they can be. Would be amazing for players of other games to say "wow have you seen the new Zandfoort in the f1 game? I wish we had that version in OUR game..".

• Agree 5

7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

New game, new track with everyone's eye on it now. Would be the perfect opportunity for Codies to show everyone how good they can be. Would be amazing for players of other games to say "wow have you seen the new Zandfoort in the f1 game? I wish we had that version in OUR game..".

THIS.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

28 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

THIS.

Both of these.  Codemasters, I bet you could find a few coders who are geekish and determined enough to take on something like beefing up the realism factor and turning this game into the Pinnacle of Motor Sport Games.  Please get them working on stuff like this. 

• Agree 4

Aside from the graphics anyone notice how inaccurate the engine sound is?

Another complaint that is prevalent, accurate, and really needs attention. Sound design is vital to games!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Two things jump out to me a bit. Whilst the camber of the track in places look a fair bit flatter, which is good news when it comes to Spain, it looks very understeer-y to me, or sluggish like the car isn’t responding to the turning. Could be wrong though without trying it to see how the handling might have changed. 

Another thing is the ERS. Looks like Mode 0 is Overtake mode so does look like they have made some changes to the way ERS works in the game. Looks like the whole lap is in Overtake mode assuming that this is from Time Trial. 

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Looks like they’ve listened and updated the curbs in sector 3 of Spain. 

Here’s the article with the details....

https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/ride-on-board-sainz-s-mclaren-for-a-hot-lap-of-circuit-de-barcelona-catalunya-in-f1-2020

That looks way better.. But that last sector.. i don't know if there's more space now and the track is a bit longer, or the guy is just so slow..
Which brings me to another point: Why on earth do they let guys do these hotlaps that can't actually drive? XD the driving in the zandvoort hotlap was abysmal.. 
This is just slow and weird... it's a 1:21... that's like 6 seconds off pace.. you need to REALLY ACTIVELY TRY to pull that off.. (a regular outlap where you're not trying is usually faster)

Or did they finally make the car models smaller? (which would be very good.. and make more cars fit in the pits better and stuff)

Edited by Bicarda

I feel I have to make a comment here regarding criticism of the driver's skills doing these demo laps. The game isn't even in beta yet and Codies don't employ and current or past pro drivers. They produce the game for OTHERS to go fast with not themselves. At this stage I'm sure the game is still locked down on company servers with only staff having access and then only access to small builds for testing. I know the Zandfoort demo lap was made by someone in marketing and media (no need to actually name him!) Unlike the official reveal video which doesn't actually show any track action this one gives us a pretty good look at the track and is basically asking for criticism and suggestions on how to improve it. I'm sure Codies are used to multiple harsh comments on their coding ability by now (which is fair as it's a PRODUCT and not an individual) but I'm sure they did not expect anyone to criticize the actual driving of one of their staff! We get all we need, and we a great look at a car, a track and hear the audio. Surely that's enough for us to go on?

We certainly have a chance to help Codies improve the track before release so let's concentrate on that maybe? Personally I don't want to make the chance of further demos appearing less likely because the poor team member assigned to make a demo might not feel confident we will accept his driving!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I feel I have to make a comment here regarding criticism of the driver's skills doing these demo laps. The game isn't even in beta yet and Codies don't employ and current or past pro drivers. They produce the game for OTHERS to go fast with not themselves. At this stage I'm sure the game is still locked down on company servers with only staff having access and then only access to small builds for testing. I know the Zandfoort demo lap was made by someone in marketing and media (no need to actually name him!) Unlike the official reveal video which doesn't actually show any track action this one gives us a pretty good look at the track and is basically asking for criticism and suggestions on how to improve it. I'm sure Codies are used to multiple harsh comments on their coding ability by now (which is fair as it's a PRODUCT and not an individual) but I'm sure they did not expect anyone to criticize the actual driving of one of their staff! We get all we need, and we a great look at a car, a track and hear the audio. Surely that's enough for us to go on?

We certainly have a chance to help Codies improve the track before release so let's concentrate on that maybe? Personally I don't want to make the chance of further demos appearing less likely because the poor team member assigned to make a demo might not feel confident we will accept his driving!

We are trying to gather whatever info we can from limited footage, and because of the "poor" driving skills in this video it's difficult to tell if the physics/handling are designed super sluggish or if the guy is just driving like a novice or maybe holding a sandwich in one hand and driving with the other.

David Greco is proper fast, i think he should handle this assignment.

3 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

We are trying to gather whatever info we can from limited footage, and because of the "poor" driving skills in this video it's difficult to tell if the physics/handling are designed super sluggish or if the guy is just driving like a novice or maybe holding a sandwich in one hand and driving with the other.

David Greco is proper fast, i think he should handle this assignment.

I'd have to differ from the because this wasnt intended to display anything but the new track which it did and fair comment/criticism has already been posted regarding this. We all know it was a media /publicity member of staff from the guys posts and never intended to represent game physics/handling etc. We are always asking for any info and media for the new game and before the beta has even arrived we have got just that. A light hearted early glimpse of a new track from an enthusiastic non dev member of staff. If Codies were ready to 'show off' major new features then they would have done that with either their best driver or a guest race driver.

I feel (sorry) a little ashamed that we have been commenting at all on the drivers ability. I really hope this criticism does not discourage anyone from Codies from releasing other new track /car glimpses in the near future for fear of being belittled like this.

I'm a pretty vocal critic of the games myself but I like to believe my voice is inherently positive. I also give credit where it's due. I think we should be tackling the ball NOT the man and thanking this staff member for giving us a real good look at the new track.

Count this post as my own personal thank you for a first glimpse of the new track. Im looking forward to more for sure.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Welll, i take what i can, Codemasters has been super tight lipped regarding 2020, Any source can be used to understand things beyond the basic marketing purpose of the video.

Just like with people specaluating about deployment modes after seeing the video, to me any information that can be extracted is valid.

There's nothing wrong with not being an ace at F1 games, id on't care what difficulty level any guy here plays the game, but if i see a spade i'll tell you it's a spade.

Edited by LChaves01

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'd have to differ from the because this wasnt intended to display anything but the new track which it did and fair comment/criticism has already been posted regarding this. We all know it was a media /publicity member of staff from the guys posts and never intended to represent game physics/handling etc. We are always asking for any info and media for the new game and before the beta has even arrived we have got just that. A light hearted early glimpse of a new track from an enthusiastic non dev member of staff. If Codies were ready to 'show off' major new features then they would have done that with either their best driver or a guest race driver.

I feel (sorry) a little ashamed that we have been commenting at all on the drivers ability. I really hope this criticism does not discourage anyone from Codies from releasing other new track /car glimpses in the near future for fear of being belittled like this.

I'm a pretty vocal critic of the games myself but I like to believe my voice is inherently positive. I also give credit where it's due. I think we should be tackling the ball NOT the man and thanking this staff member for giving us a real good look at the new track.

Count this post as my own personal thank you for a first glimpse of the new track. Im looking forward to more for sure.

Noone's calling names or attacking any guy personally but there HAS to be someone at codies who can do a better lap than this... 😛
I totally agree with everything you say and i also wouldn't want the chance of these showcases appearing becoming smaller...  it's just very noticeable and indeed the reason why i noticed is because i was trying to see how the car behaved. 

But still you'd HOPE that there's at least someone at codies who is a fast driver? how on earth can you finetune a game's handling if there's noone that can get close to the limit? 
Of course the game is not out yet and of course we don't expect world record times.. but this is at least his 8th lap so he got a bit of practice in 😛

I know it's not important. but if this is the fastest guy at codies then i can imagine how they didn't find out about the understeer until they released the game.
And we're just sad because we can't see how the car behaves differently in this game because the guy drives it like an f2 car.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

I know it's not important. but if this is the fastest guy at codies then i can imagine how they didn't find out about the understeer until they released the game.

Are we still talking about PJ? He doesn't work on handling... or F1 2020. He's a Social Media Manager from the DIRT side who is helping with "social media stuff" 🙂 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

Are we still talking about PJ? He doesn't work on handling... or F1 2020. He's a Social Media Manager from the DIRT side who is helping with "social media stuff" 🙂 

I don't know who PJ is so I surely wasn't. 
maybe read my entire post again not just the one sentence 😛  Of course the guy driving  the video doesn't have to work on handling. Never said that he did.
I was more meaning that to actually get the handling right there has to be at least SOMEONE able to test it well.
If the person driving here is the best driver they have at codemasters (for this game). then that goes a long way in explaining how they are unable to get the handling right. because there is no one who can actually test it. 

I don't care who this is. I don't even know if both hotlaps were done by the same guy. just hope that the people actually in charge of testing the handling are better than this. (in which case i'd hope they let them do the next hotlaps too Just so we get a more accurate representation on how driving the track is actually gonna be...)  How the track looks is nice to know. how the track drives is more interesting to some..