DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Dishing the DIRT - Two Teams, One Future

8 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Rocket league? Just kidding, unlike all the game awards I know it’s not a racing game. I was bored during lockdown so I got COD for the first time in 10 years, I’ve been really enjoying played non cross platform with my friends on PlayStation, hope this becomes more popular in the future

I've done cross platform on Street Fighter V before, helps with population numbers 🙂 

1 hour ago, BlackCatMatt said:

I hope one of those surprises for DR2 is adding the Hyundai i20 RX. 😬🤩

That is the first thing I thought of when I read about the "surprises" as well! 

Nicely worded post. Certainly isn't a flawless game but, in my personal opinion, this is the most complete DiRT game that CM have put out. I daresay the community has been instrumental in making that happen. 

• Like 2

dirt rally 2.0 was a great journey improved on most things and a great addition to the franchize. look forward to whatever comes next. wonder how long it will be ? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

I’m assuming the separate studio working on this is either slightly mad or evo? Which leaves the dirt rally team free to work on something else

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I’m assuming the separate studio working on this is either slightly mad or evo? Which leaves the dirt rally team free to work on something else

Yeah DR3 😂😂

13 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Yeah DR3 😂😂

We can always hope! You’ve got a PS4 haven’t you? I got my brother DR2 a little while ago, he’s been doing some rallycross online. Could you smash him into a wall for me please?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Birdman44 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Whilst one journey remains FLAT OUT, another journey is about to begin. <br><br>A letter to our incredible DiRT Rally 2.0 players: <a href="https://t.co/Lh49hfjnu9">https://t.co/Lh49hfjnu9</a><br><br>Now, prepare for something… different. <a href="https://t.co/6Uavy84d9B">pic.twitter.com/6Uavy84d9B</a></p>&mdash; DiRT (@dirtgame) <a href="https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1257218432464039937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is what came to my mind when i saw this...

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/10469/img-unveils-projekt-e-racecar

The background color, the flash emoji...

Really good thoughts. 

This is a quite expected letter.

Still very disappointed, though.
"seperate studio", "brand new experience"...the gamer in me says "oh oh, some bs will come".
I expect a arcady DiRT 5 or (even worse) a DiRT Showdown esque spin-off behind those PR-blabla.
The more it is away from rally, so less interested I am.

The future of DiRT Rally sounds like we won't see a DR3 in 2020 and 2021 for sure.
I hope they really, really listened to the fans and make a great offline single player career mode this time.

We will see, but my expectation is extremely low now after this letter.

@PJTierney

Can you confirm there will be more patches after 1.14?
Does it still make sense to post a bug report?

I don't expect any content anymore, but there are still 2-3 (small) things I wanna see get fixed before the game rests in it's final state.
Would be cool, because it looks like I will play the game for another 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

"Version 1.15 is in development, with only minor and essential changes planned, and is expected to release in mid to late 2020."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Yes

17 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Does it still make sense to post a bug report?

Yes but bear in mind that the majority of the team have moved onto "the future of rally", so expect further updates to be very light, even in comparison to 1.14.

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 3

I’m assuming the plan is to split the franchise up into two separate entities, like Forza motorsport and horizon. I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve got planned, but I get the feeling that it’s probably not Going to be for me

• Agree 2

I will stick on DR2 and RBR if the new dirt is an arcade game. Rally do not need arcade game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Yes but bear in mind that the majority of the team have moved onto "the future of rally", so expect further updates to be very light, even in comparison to 1.14.

The only 2 bugs that really annoy me are the stats bug (monthlies count more than 1 "events started" in car stats) and the broken windscreen mirror-effect on the S4 Rally (I posted in the bug report-thread).
So really small things, but with a big impact to my experience.
I stopped doing monthlies last summer to not ruin my stats.

BUT since the next patch is coming out "sometime this year" (lol) I think I give up.

15 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I’m assuming the plan is to split the franchise up into two separate entities, like Forza motorsport and horizon. I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve got planned, but I get the feeling that it’s probably not Going to be for me

I am thinking the same... but I'm not completely ruling out that the new entity might appeal to me! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Please do carry on to give me Rallycross games. Or I die. 

And I don't want to die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

19 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I am thinking the same... but I'm not completely ruling out that the new entity might appeal to me! 

Err...the franchise is already splitted into two: DiRT and DiRT Rally.
+ DiRT Showdown as a spin off.

For me the letter sounds like the next DiRT game won't have rally in it, so probably circuit racing in mud or something.
Wouldn't even think of buying something like that...just saying.

I am getting some serious Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 and DIRT 3 vibes. 

Either that, or "the future of rally" phrase tells us about Electric vehicles something like that. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Err...the franchise is already splitted into two: DiRT and DiRT Rally.
+ DiRT Showdown as a spin off.

For me the letter sounds like the next DiRT game won't have rally in it, so probably circuit racing in mud or something.
Wouldn't even think of buying something like that...just saying.

Yeah I know, but I mean a more obvious split. The series has been a bit all over the place since dirt 3. Spin off, a second spin off, a confused dirt 3 sequel, and then a sequel to the second spin off. They’re probably going to try and make it more streamlined 

In terms of sales has the game been a success for codies? I hope the time and effort has been rewarded, all of us enthusiasts certainly know how good a game it is.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Yeah I know, but I mean a more obvious split. The series has been a bit all over the place since dirt 3. Spin off, a second spin off, a confused dirt 3 sequel, and then a sequel to the second spin off. They’re probably going to try and make it more streamlined 

By splitting it again?

If they really want a 4th big franchise (after F1, DiRT and GRiD) they should change the name of DiRT and let DiRT Rally keep continuing the Colin McRae Rally history.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, azakamifujino said:

I will stick on DR2 and RBR if the new dirt is an arcade game. Rally do not need arcade game.

Why doesn’t it? Why can’t there be a game which is fun and you can just pick up and play. What’s all this BS that every racing game has to be serious sim. It’s boring. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

Oof... great, sound like more half baked, big ridden console garbage. 

Actually after all support and money... and trust I've given CM over these last few years only to be strong along and let down, it'll be fun to watch this ship sink. 

• Disagree 5