Dishing the DIRT - Two Teams, One Future

Thanks PJ!

I'm still enjoying DR2 a lot, put in almost 1100 hours and I don’t see me slowing down anytime soon. Looking forward to see what the future will hold concerning Dirt titels 😄

Sad to instantly see negativity and entitlement…..must be a hell of a job being a community manager.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, m260602 said:

IEither that, or "the future of rally" phrase tells us about Electric vehicles something like that. 

Yup, the lightning is quite a strong hint in my view. The problem with that is, though, that hybrid is coming to WRC, so they won't be in DiRT Rally. I haven't read anything about hybrid coming to R5/Rally2, at least not in 2022. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, richie said:

Yup, the lightning is quite a strong hint in my view. The problem with that is, though, that hybrid is coming to WRC, so they won't be in DiRT Rally. I haven't read anything about hybrid coming to R5/Rally2, at least not in 2022. 

Indeed its quite interesting🤔. Let's wait until Thursday to see more news!

Extreme E, the electric off-road series backed by the Formula E founder Agag. Possibly made by Codemasters Evo since they also made Onrush.

Extreme-E1.jpg

My guess it has to do with the former Evolution Studios guys who made Driveclub and Onrush (Codies title). All other teams were busy with DiRT Rally 2.0, GRID and F1 games. Will be interesting what kind of game it will be. 

1 hour ago, EDDSkitz said:

Oof... great, sound like more half baked, big ridden console garbage. 

Actually after all support and money... and trust I've given CM over these last few years only to be strong along and let down, it'll be fun to watch this ship sink. 

Don’t be such a cry baby. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Hope its better then dirt 2.0 still cant play flat out challenges keeps crash at the end of the stage

I Just want this remastered do be honest 😂😂😂

1556908249_dirt-2_01.jpg

• Agree 4

Guys don't forget they signed Slightly Mad studios last year. 

33 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Don’t be such a cry baby. 

Yeah, let's just ignore the glaring bugs never addressed and poor after release support. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

As someone who was irked by the constant harrassment by VR owners a year ago, I finally tried it this year. OMG, on both DR1 and DR2. I hope whatever Codies produces, and certainly any sim level stuff will be VR inclusive from launch in the future. I can't wait to see what they have in store.

Edited by fitbrit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EDDSkitz said:

Yeah, let's just ignore the glaring bugs never addressed and poor after release support. 

Nah, mate.

There are bugs being never adressed, I know that for sure.
Some of them really annoy me to this day.

BUT!

The support was really good the last year.
Don't forget all the improvements to car audio, force feedback, free cars, liveries, DiRT Fish, a free location for season owners.
All the things they changed because of feedback.

And a shout out to @PJTierney, who does a very good job giving us information, we ask for.

The only thing that is really shameful is RaceNet.
So often a big fun brake over the last year.
That really needs to stop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

With technology advancing exponentially I'm pretty sure there's some exciting stuff to come. Whatever is on the horizon, I can't wait to see what Codies will come up with. 

I've said this before and I've literally run out of superlatives but I just want to say, thank you Codies for your hard work and for improving the game continiously. 🙏 It's been a blast (and still is), so much fun throwing my cars at the scenery. Maybe the most fun I've had the past few years. Kudos to you! 👏

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Birdman44 said:

Guys don't forget they signed Slightly Mad studios last year. 

Pretty sure they are making pcar 3, or maybe they will rebrand it to project grid.

Posted (edited)

I'm going to get **** for this, but what would tide me over nicely would be an improved Your Stage for DR2. Just for a little more variety in lieu of all-new locations until the Future of Rally is here.

And yes I know the D4 version did get repetitive quickly, but it was still less repetitive than after you've learned both long stages of each location back and front.

Edited by fitbrit

8 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

@bogani Dirt 5 Or Dirt Rally 3.0???:classic_sleep:

Hope it will be on the simulation side!

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, fitbrit said:

As someone who was irked by the constant harrassment by VR owners a year ago, I finally tried it this year. OMG, on both DR1 and DR2. I hope whatever Codies produces, and certainly any sim level stuff will be VR inclusive from launch in the future. I can't wait to see what they have in store.

welcome to the dark side

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

I'm crying. I hate everything what just happened 'til now in 2020... 😥
It's really hard to find words... I'm shocked!

R.I.P. Dirt series

THANK YOU CODEMASTERS for making such great rallygames in the past!  Really U R The Best!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
Dirt Rally 2.0 is making me spend incredible moments with the community, I think the work done was one of the best (even though we don't all agree on many things) the clubs were, are and will be what gives life to Dirt Rally 2.0 .
I know that what is coming is not what is expected by those who love simulation but I am convinced that Dirt Rally 2.0 will continue more alive than ever.
It seems to me that it is definitely time that the WRC License reaches the hands of Codemasters and once and for all we have a game / simulator that has the necessary content to enjoy on a pc or console from our home, sharing and competing with users around the world whole.
I know they are on the right track, it has been shown that they have many positive things and that they listen to the community.
Thank you!

Now in order, it seems to me that it is time for the clubs to admit to competing in various categories together (that is, a race between users with R5 and R2 for example).
Edited by MartinArg
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Great job with DR 2.0, the best driving/racing game i have played, a masterpiece imo. 

Looking forward to the new titles and hopefully Hyundai RX like GRX hinted 😉🙏

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Sì, ma tieni presente che la maggior parte della squadra è passata al "futuro del rally", quindi aspettati che ulteriori aggiornamenti siano molto leggeri, anche rispetto all'1.14

I am glad that in the future there are news (even if it is quite obvious).

I am not satisfied to have spent a whole year reporting and tracking bugs, and never seen corrected, in particular non-English co-drivers.  In this game we talked about simulation, and paradoxically the co-drivers are not adequate and full of errors, never corrected, after over a year of continuous support.  This is not acceptable.  If the game supports other languages, it must also be correct in these languages.

• Agree 1

I really like how the 'DiRT' font resembles the one of DiRT3.

Excited for the upcoming reveal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

DiRT 5 would certainly not be a mistake - if they do it the right way.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1