Dishing the DIRT - Two Teams, One Future

I just need to add the 1.6 Turbo class (Ford Fiesta 2011, Citroen DS3, Hyunday I20) and I would be a happy child🙂

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hardy said:

I really like how the 'DiRT' font resembles the one of DiRT3.

Excited for the upcoming reveal.

The tweet instantly made me think of DiRT3

• Like 2

Oh no.... Is this gonna be another GRID shall we #ManageOurExspectations?? 

Offical game of the WRC status to follow the 2022 season and its roster; semi-live like Codies F1 franchise maybe?  Sounds interesting!  Good update.

6 hours ago, DJ007 said:

Offical game of the WRC status to follow the 2022 season and its roster; semi-live like Codies F1 franchise maybe?  Sounds interesting!  Good update.

WRC is confirmed for two more titles after WRC9 with Kylotton

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I believe the logo marks a transition from the old to the New, from Dirt Rally 2.0 to a New style game, possibly arcadish, but nonetheless a New installment in the series. Would Love it to be a reboot of Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 or Dirt 3(but with the same music😉) like they did with the Grid Series

1 hour ago, Jack4688 said:

WRC is confirmed for two more titles after WRC9 with Kylotton

Wait. If Codies get a licence, then the title can't be "Dirt" any more, and have to rename it to "WRC (10)"

With this logic new "Dirt" will be an arcade game, successor of "Dirt 4" instead of "Dirt Rally 2.0".

20 minutes ago, mesa said:

Wait. If Codies get a licence, then the title can't be "Dirt" any more, and have to rename it to "WRC (10)"

With this logic new "Dirt" will be an arcade game, successor of "Dirt 4" instead of "Dirt Rally 2.0".

Where was the logic in there? I missed it 😂 KT Racing are contracted to make WRC10 and WRC11 to be clear:

WRC Promoter, which owns the commercial rights to the FIA World Rally Championship, has also confirmed WRC 10 and WRC 11 after extending its licensing agreement with game publisher Nacon and development studio KT Racing until 2022.”

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/esports/wrc-9-video-game-set-for-new-generation-consoles/

• Sad 1

Don't make another drive 40k km trophy/achievement. It just puts people off and not buy it like grid.

I have inside info...

Series name change to J-Rally

Jen is your co-driver, also your team boss. All liveries will be Jennifer.

"That was tough. But it felt fast. Darling"

Posted (edited)

If it is not sim; don’t count me in. 🤗

Edited by ToMythTo
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

If it doesn’t let me simulate getting out of the car and going for a **** before a time control, no buy. 

• Haha 2

Thanks for the great game and got it day one and still playing it 👍 But now can ypu please sort Grid out. I  buy all your games day one. And should of just a remaster 

Dirt will always be my favorite series of games, whether I play a demo or the full game.

• Like 1

Hello Codemasters Team

I am really surprised how much the wishes from the forum are taken into account, be it the engine sound or the wheelbase of vehicles.
Yes and this game is really epic from February 2019 to May 2020 the game has been extended constantly !
81 cars and 26 locations I would not have imagined even in my wildest dreams.

Thanks also for the nice extras between through BMW M1 or Black&White Liveries or the Solberg Liveries
Great surprises !
Also a big thank you to @ChristinaMc and @PJTierney who took care of all the requests and also a thank you to all the people in the forum who pointed out details of the cars and mistakes in the game.

I hope the next Dirt will be as big as the last one and when Codemasters listens to the forums again it will be fantastic

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2020 at 9:21 PM, MartinArg said:

Dirt Rally 2.0 is making me spend incredible moments with the community

Now in order, it seems to me that it is time for the clubs to admit to competing in various categories together (that is, a race between users with R5 and R2 for example).

The mixed class rallies is all that DR2 needs to be left for good as a complete and truly fascinating video game experience. This and a few last patches to fix some glitches or small animation issues, maybe record the real Lancer Group A and Lancer R4 sounds and that's it. 

It would be really interesting to host a rally in clubs and have R5, R4 and Group A cars racing each other for top honours for example.... Surely on slow gravel rallies the performance is very similar. 🤔

Edited by m260602
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think all this means that we will probably get a DiRT 5 or maybe a Reboot with only DiRT name to make us not recognize every time DiRT with something close to simcade - arcade like last time and will bring all what the best from the DiRT series and bring new unique physics and 2 handling modes Sim - Arcade. At the same time there was something written about the future of DiRT Rally so i can be wrong. Also i don't think it will be really showdown as it was not that successful and the same for the OnRush game. It wasn't a bad move but Codies lost quite a lot on it. The 2nd studio is probably Codemasters EVO if i'm correct and there was many employess from Evolution Studios, so they can bring valuable experience when it comes to a rally game and make it seriously realistic and fun in one. 🙂

I hope it will be not shakedown and that all will go the way i wrote. DiRT 5 could be a very very strong game i think. I would like to see a stage editor to create own stages also for clubs and if the game would be related to games like DiRT 2, DiRT 3 why to not put ARA rallies or at least cars and make a official series or maybe a series for the career mode. 🙂

I hope that this news means the split between arcade and simulation, and we could get a Rally 3.0 game with more realism on the physics and in the competition.

• Agree 6

Hi everyone,

I've just started playing Dirt Rally 2, trying to keep myself busy during the coronavirus lockdown. I don't really play games at all since I was a kid, and I'm more of a bike person IRL (road bikes, dirt bikes and mountain bikes).

So I didn't really know what to expect, but I discovered this game is amazing, the feeling and experience is better than I thought it could be, even on an Xbox controller, and I'm addicted. So thanks for your work. It's been a lot easier while not being able to go ride dirt outside.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Would like to express my appreciation for your evangelism around DR2 PJ. 👍 Viewed the launch trailer for Dirt 5, and am not interested in a wreckfest ripoff. Sliding around on a frozen lake bumping into others is a waste of everyone's time. The vibe is fairly juvenile, so a big never mind for me, thanks. Too bad, because I thought that i liked Dirt 3 and 4, even the soundtracks. To this day, when I think of Dirt 3, it's ghetto burning! There's another killer track on Dirt 4, something about everybody jumpin' outta they mind. But the courses were so much back and forth, just hairpin after hairpin. Felt like it was built for those using a controller and a console. 

Point is that Codemasters (and PJ) has a legend on their hands with DR2, and must make the effort to keep the legend alive.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I hope there will be another rally sim, hope we get Dirt 3.0. However codemasters needs to make brand new improved stages instead of reusing old ones and using the same stage numerous times in different lengths.

Be nice to get official WRC stages and other championship stages from ERC to Irish Tarmac Rally stages, Legends Rally Stages etc.. Theres so many stages that could go in not just the same old, same old. Even include a Targa Florio style area of the game. 

Also if your expected to pay £50 for the game youd expect to have all the content and not have to get DLC to get most of the game.

Another thing the game needs badly is a livery editor, especially on the console side. This was so great in Forza Motorsport, to design famous liveries with full sponsors and have a market idea to purchase other gamers liveries and logos. Worked great in Forza.

For me a nice addition would be to have the Ferrari 308 GTB Gr. 4. wanted this car in a rally game for so long. To be driving Corsica stages in the Pioneer liveried Ferrari 308.

• Agree 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:52 AM, Jack4688 said:

Where was the logic in there? I missed it 😂 KT Racing are contracted to make WRC10 and WRC11 to be clear:

WRC Promoter, which owns the commercial rights to the FIA World Rally Championship, has also confirmed WRC 10 and WRC 11 after extending its licensing agreement with game publisher Nacon and development studio KT Racing until 2022.”

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/esports/wrc-9-video-game-set-for-new-generation-consoles/

A shame for all the VR users as it seems the franchise will continue to not support VR (so I’ve been told). Would be fantastic if everyone could enjoy the genuine licensed game in addition to the Dirt Rally series. Most VR sim racers won’t buy a game if no VR support.