Jump to content Jump to content

DR2.0 does not support your currently active headset

For some reason you already locked the bug report thread.

This is how my framerate looks since that message started to appearing

Y5mv3C4.png

A couple of days ago the line was completely straight except some few exceptions and even though the drops is only down to 89 from 90 its very much noticeable and it causes stutter. You usually dont notice a small drop like that but since it happening all the time its an issue.

Using a CV1.

We are currently waiting on Codemasters to investigate and for @PJTierney to let us know whats going on with it. It is such as recent bug that only happened at the end of last week, I am not sure if they have looked into it yet. Speculation from some of us users, is that a recent steam update caused it. But even if that is the case, it would still be up to Codemasters to investigate the issue; and then contact Steam themselves if an update done to that platform caused this particular issue. After all, Steam take platform fees for software sold over there; so Codemasters are essentially paying customers.

• Social Media & Community Team
13 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

We are currently waiting on Codemasters to investigate and for @PJTierney to let us know whats going on with it. It is such as recent bug that only happened at the end of last week, I am not sure if they have looked into it yet. Speculation from some of us users, is that a recent steam update caused it. But even if that is the case, it would still be up to Codemasters to investigate the issue; and then contact Steam themselves if an update done to that platform caused this particular issue. After all, Steam take platform fees for software sold over there; so Codemasters are essentially paying customers.

I asked yesterday, here's what we're thinking so far:

• It appears to be an issue with Oculus Rift S only, and affects multiple games. Here's an example from Blade & Sorcery.
  • Apparently the game runs fine, but the message pops up anyways so hit OK and you should in theory be good to go.
  • It looks like it's an issue Steam-side, where Steam is considering the Rift S to be a "non Oculus headset".

If I get anything further I'll let you know.

19 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I asked yesterday, here's what we're thinking so far:

• It appears to be an issue with Oculus Rift S only, and affects multiple games. Here's an example from Blade & Sorcery.
  • Apparently the game runs fine, but the message pops up anyways so hit OK and you should in theory be good to go.
  • It looks like it's an issue Steam-side, where Steam is considering the Rift S to be a "non Oculus headset".

If I get anything further I'll let you know.

No its not only a rift s issue, i have already said im using a cv1 in this thread like ***?! Yes, it does affect performance. It stutters all over the place right now. @Ialyrn reported this issue on BOTH cv1 and Rift S in the bug thread. Makes you wonder why its even matter to bug report when you dont even read the posts about it before starting to troubleshoot and coming to a conclusion.

8 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

No its not only a rift s issue, i have already said im using a cv1 in this thread like ***?! Yes, it does affect performance. It stutters all over the place right now. @Ialyrn reported this issue on BOTH cv1 and Rift S in the bug thread. Makes you wonder why its even matter to bug report when you dont even read the posts about it before coming to a conclusion.

I passed the links on, this is initial impressions I got back.

If there's more info, I'll relay it.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I passed the links on, this is initial impressions I got back.

If there's more info, I'll relay it.

PJ, i have a rift cv1 on my desktop, my other half uses a rift s on their laptop. Therr are numerous reports on the steam forums from both cv1 users and rift s users. I did ask people on the steam forums to post on here, but they probably wont. So you need to be looking in both places for bug reports.

Performance is absolutely effected. I cant even run the game in oculusvr mode atm, the stutters are so bad.

Has it improved with 1.14 at all?

Our current line of thinking is that the compatibility errors are not caused by game code, but either Steam/Oculus. The VR code in the game is pretty much unchanged since 1.13.

18 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Has it improved with 1.14 at all?

Our current line of thinking is that the compatibility errors are not caused by game code, but either Steam/Oculus. The VR code in the game is pretty much unchanged since 1.13.

Like I pointed out in the bug thread, the Oculus software hadnt been updated on my end for 19 days now. Baring the beta update I downloaded trying to fix this issue. Attached is the picture I added in the bug thread before it was closed.

1881039462_Riftupdate.png.cef991d043a2534dac7714c8c05d3d69.png

I have not tried with the new patch yet, but I doubt it would make a difference; considuring this issue wasnt reported till last Thursday. Its not an Oculus software issue or Oculus driver issue, because as I keep pointing out, it hasnt had a software update for 19 days now. This update only appeard on Thursday. I also pointed out I havnt had a Windows update since April 14th, to rule out the suggestion it was a Windows update. The likely culprit is steam, since multiple games are effected. Though whats odd is all the games I have tried using their respective Oculus modes, only Dirt Rally 2.0 does it for me. Even Dirt Rally 1 runs fine and does not give me that pop up saying my headset isnt compatible. So I guess its other games that are effected that I dont own.

3 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Like I pointed out in the bug thread, the Oculus software hadnt been updated on my end for 19 days now. Baring the beta update I downloaded trying to fix this issue. Attached is the picture I added in the bug thread before it was closed.

I'm aware.

At the time you started seeing issues, Oculus hadn't updated, game hadn't updated. That only leaves Steam. 

I agree that this is an odd one as it's affecting some games and not others, but unless I see some confirmation (either internally or from Steam) that it's a DiRT Rally 2.0 code issue there's not much I can do really.

36 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm aware.

At the time you started seeing issues, Oculus hadn't updated, game hadn't updated. That only leaves Steam. 

I agree that this is an odd one as it's affecting some games and not others, but unless I see some confirmation (either internally or from Steam) that it's a DiRT Rally 2.0 code issue there's not much I can do really.

If it is steam though, Codemasters, as a company that pays steam a platform fee to sell titles there, needs to make a ticket with steam directly on behalf of their customer base and themselves with the relevent information.

Performance seems to be better now. Not sure why since the patch shouldnt change anything and its about steam. Can anyone else confirm?

iuv9cZh.png

It still says not supported but this time performance is as it was before that message started to pop-up

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

Performance seems to be better now. Not sure why since the patch shouldnt change anything and its about steam. Can anyone else confirm?

iuv9cZh.png

It still says not supported but this time performance is as it was before that message started to pop-up

I will run the game tonight when i get a chance and check. Its possible something unrelated hit us both at the same time we tried to run the game previously when we got the pop up.

14 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I will run the game tonight when i get a chance and check. Its possible something unrelated hit us both at the same time we tried to run the game previously when we got the pop up.

I have seen more than us complained about the performance. Report back when you have got the chance to try it out.

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

I have seen more than us complained about the performance. Report back when you have got the chance to try it out.

Performance does seem to be better atm. I ran my usual Pant Mawr at night in the rain test and it was smooth. I also tried out Greece, Sweden, and Scotland. Only hickup I saw, was on the bridge at "old Mutterstone Muir". Had the Oculus performance monitor open while testing. So it is possible something unrelated happened at the time the pop up first starting  toappear, but I will still feel better once this has been investigated fully by Codemasters and the "unrecognized" headset pop up goes away.

Archived