Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Random DRS not working and random loss of power

Recommended Posts

Hi, I've just got F1 2019 for PC and am having weird random issues with DRS and power.  I've got all the F1 games since 2010, and also play Dirt Rally 2.0, Assetto Corsa etc without these issues so I don't think it's a wheel\pedal issue (Logitech Formula Force EX).  Apologies if these are known issues, but I had a look through the forum posts etc and couldn't find anything on this.

Firstly, I've noticed the DRS randomly doesn't work when DRS definitely should be allowed.  I hear the beep when I enter the zone, but pressing the button does nothing until the next DRS zone when it sometimes works fine.  I've remapped the key in case I've got a dodgy button but the same thing happens.  I've noticed it in Career mode,  where i thought it may be a simulated failure, but it also occurs in multiplayer, in practise, quali and races.

Secondly, I've noticed another random issue with a random lack of power.  First noticed it in career mode in China where I'd be going down the back straight and still not have lit up any 'rev LED's' in 7th by the time i have to brake for the hairpin, but then on the start straight a few corners later I'll be reaching 8th gear for the first corner on the next lap.  ERS,  fuel, DRS settings don't affect it.  I've also noticed the same thing in multiplayer, specifically Catalunya, where I can be in 7th at the end of the start straight and actually hear the engine slowing even when i should be accelerating.  In career mode I thought this was some kind of simulated engine issue, but as it happens in multiplayer i guess not.

Any ideas?  All I could find online was someone on the Apex Racing forums posted a similar issue around a week ago.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, alft said:

Hi, I've just got F1 2019 for PC and am having weird random issues with DRS and power.  I've got all the F1 games since 2010, and also play Dirt Rally 2.0, Assetto Corsa etc without these issues so I don't think it's a wheel\pedal issue (Logitech Formula Force EX).  Apologies if these are known issues, but I had a look through the forum posts etc and couldn't find anything on this.

Firstly, I've noticed the DRS randomly doesn't work when DRS definitely should be allowed.  I hear the beep when I enter the zone, but pressing the button does nothing until the next DRS zone when it sometimes works fine.  I've remapped the key in case I've got a dodgy button but the same thing happens.  I've noticed it in Career mode,  where i thought it may be a simulated failure, but it also occurs in multiplayer, in practise, quali and races.

Secondly, I've noticed another random issue with a random lack of power.  First noticed it in career mode in China where I'd be going down the back straight and still not have lit up any 'rev LED's' in 7th by the time i have to brake for the hairpin, but then on the start straight a few corners later I'll be reaching 8th gear for the first corner on the next lap.  ERS,  fuel, DRS settings don't affect it.  I've also noticed the same thing in multiplayer, specifically Catalunya, where I can be in 7th at the end of the start straight and actually hear the engine slowing even when i should be accelerating.  In career mode I thought this was some kind of simulated engine issue, but as it happens in multiplayer i guess not.

Any ideas?  All I could find online was someone on the Apex Racing forums posted a similar issue around a week ago.

Thanks in advance.

Please post a full bug report as highlighted in the top of the forum.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

The DRS closes when the brake pedal is pressed. A common fault is when the pedal potentiometer is dirty or if the controller needs recalibrating in the Control Panel. You will see this as the brake registering when you are not touching it. This would also explain the slowing you are experiencing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Steviejay,

That makes perfect sense.  I’ve had a look in calibration and can see the brake twitching even after calibrating so it looks like that’s the problem.  
I guess setting a deadzone for the brake pedal might sort that.  Or take the pedals apart and have a look...or time for a new wheel and pedals!

thanks again

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, alft said:

Thanks Steviejay,

That makes perfect sense.  I’ve had a look in calibration and can see the brake twitching even after calibrating so it looks like that’s the problem.  
I guess setting a deadzone for the brake pedal might sort that.  Or take the pedals apart and have a look...or time for a new wheel and pedals!

thanks again

All good ideas and in the right order! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem in 2018 and G27 wheel.

Brake pedal was registering press without touch.

It corrected the problem when I added some deadzone, maybe 2-4 to brake pedal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlegeKossu said:

I had the same problem in 2018 and G27 wheel.

Brake pedal was registering press without touch.

It corrected the problem when I added some deadzone, maybe 2-4 to brake pedal. 

Any of the Logitech videos online that show the screws being removed can help. G25/G27 and G29/G920 pedalsets are the same, just the gaiters are red on the early pedals and black on the newer ones. The detected pedal travel on the G29/G920 is shorter and the rubber stopper is best left in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×