F1 2020 Wishlist Features

F1 2020 Features  

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which features would you want to have implemented in F1 2020?

• The ability to create custom tracks (about 2 to 5 maybe--due to limitations)
    • The ability to have teammates when using multiplayer cars/classic cars
    • More engineer choices (Jeff, [person], [person], [Jarv?], etc.)
    • The option to edit the steering wheel HUD and rev lights/console HUD editing

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/7/2020 at 03:59

19 minutes ago, OPgiSh0tz said:

I would like to know what others think.

Asseto Corsa Gameplay Handling Model and an Online really improved like the Iracing Model for example

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

You might need to update the title to F1 2021 as the game is nearing final testing so they will not be adding new features at this point. Maybe we will be lucky and some of these will be in 2020, who knows!?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

You might need to update the title to F1 2021 as the game is nearing final testing so they will not be adding new features at this point. Maybe we will be lucky and some of these will be in 2020, who knows!?

Well yes, and I was going to make this post for 2021, but I though I'd just do 2020 because it's almost here and who knows, maybe one of these will already be in the game.

But the main reason I put it as 2020 was because I just wanted to see what people want (out of these options) just as information for me.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, OPgiSh0tz said:

Well yes, and I was going to make this post for 2021, but I though I'd just do 2020 because it's almost here and who knows, maybe one of these will already be in the game.

But the main reason I put it as 2020 was because I just wanted to see what people want (out of these options) just as information for me.

Well they're all good ideas so count me in for all of them!

😄

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Looking at your options, my most desired choice would be the ability to edit the steering wheel screen + HUD.

But, in all honesty, i'd rather have everything in the game. Everything, that the community has been requesting for the past 10 years, over and over again. Everything, that still has not made it into the game. Everything that would drastically improve the game.

Codemasters have lots to improve.

(Sadly a annual release cycle is not the best business model, for such a huge improvement: There has to be a constant flow of little improvements to justify a brand new game for full price. Let's say, if they made the "perfect" F1 title for F1 2021, with everything in it that the community has asked for, then any follow up title will have a very difficult time to sell as many copies. Because, why would someone spend 60+ bucks on a new F1 2022, if F1 2021 already was "perfect". It's unfortunate, but we can see where Codemasters focus has shifted to since 2012. Copy & Paste, with small improvements and little additions to the overall experience, rather than a full on revolutionary title of high quality. It is how it is.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

To be honest, none of those features particularly interest me. I just want racing against AI to be as much fun as possible, and that is pretty much all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL These were the hottest requested items for the game by a survey done of over 100 people on my friends list and league. Hope they can be put into the game as they are pretty straightforward things to an extent and not extravagant

• Online championship mode back (it was removed from last years game)
  • Ability to save full length replays offline and offline (even Pcars2 has this ability)
  • LAN mode for consoles (a major requested one by friends instead of split screen)
  • Ability to set cars to 'EQUAL' in offline races
  • Ability to use our own driver in Single offline Grand Prix mode
  • Hockenheim and Sepang as bonus 'classic' tracks. The current map models from f1 2019 Hockenheim and F1 2017 game Sepang would work in new game 
  • Winter testing session before season starts
  • Wear on track over race weekend and during 25% races or longer
Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Better standard setups would be a must, Codemasters has stuck with these generic ones since 2010.

More engineer interaction inside the pits during practice, option to just tell him, more top speed, more front grip...

Advanced telemetry graphs.

And make the cars feel more alive. 

Edited by LChaves01
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Is there an "All of the Above" option?  🙂  Personally, I like all 4 of those options, though I have to agree with TheEmpireWasRight, being able to customize the steering wheel and hud would be my top pick of the 4.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I would like there to be more realism according to F1 drivers. For example, they do not use ERS because it is unrealistic, and they laugh at the idea of up shifting to save fuel.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/5/2020 at 12:04 PM, DrDraken said:

Is there an "All of the Above" option?  🙂  Personally, I like all 4 of those options, though I have to agree with TheEmpireWasRight, being able to customize the steering wheel and hud would be my top pick of the 4.

Yes, you can choose all of them 🙂

• Like 1

What about an improved driving model, car setup, and telemetry - to better represent the F1 driver experience...

• Agree 2

Guest Mike1158

To introduce an alternative to steam would be good.

3 hours ago, Mike1158 said:

To introduce an alternative to steam would be good.

Don't let EPIC hear you say that, please please no lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dwin20 said:

What about an improved driving model, car setup, and telemetry - to better represent the F1 driver experience...

I would like all of those, but I just wanted to know out of these four options.

But yeah, I would especially want a better driving model.

Honestly, of the ones listed, I'm not overly interested in. Obviously, I wouldn't say no to them either.

Personally, I would rather see;

- Proper driver edit mode. It should work similar to Fifa where you can edit driver stats so you can balance them yourself when they're inevitably wrong (Looking at Ricciardo-bot..). As well as that, the ability to create several driver avatars that you can add to career/my team modes if you wish and then select which one to play as at the start of career (or each race in My Team).

- Failing being able to edit current driver stats, the ability to individually set the difficulty of each AI. Can be a workaround. For example, in 2019, I'd set Hamilton to 100, Perez to 97/98 and Ricciardo to 102/103.

- Ability to set each teams starting R&D. So you can choose to have default or have McLaren start as the fastest team etc.

- R&D as an option in season mode with real drivers with a further option to do multiple seasons.

- Winter testing.

- Long shot, more for the future: Classic seasons with the correct drivers.

- Option for the player to have random terminal technical failures like the AI can. Options should be On/AI only/Off. Reliability R&D can affect the likelihood of them happening.

- Ability to turn interviews off if they're the same as previous games.

- Further expanded R&D tree.

• Like 2