Version 1.14 Update Discussion

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 11:02 PM, ianism said:

ya sure spend less time on things that are actually important and more time on breaking the game into tiny pieces so you can have a slightly smaller download size.

in addition, you think too much in terms of "I pay therefore I deserve everything." it pretends that the enormous amount of time and effort of working on something through one's full-time job is worth nothing. that's kinda weird

Firstly, lay off making up assumptions about my thinking. I was thinking (and writing) in terms of software design, not who deserves what.

That out of the way, you can say your two points about anything. As with everything there's a limit and the point I made is that they're over it. For any large software project you don't forsee guaranteed small updates and just accept that tying tens of gigabytes together at a time for even small tweaks is the design to go with. Their skill is way beyond what's needed to do that better.

But yes if they actually don't own the engine source then it's fair enough they can't change things.

Edited by XenialJ

may I ask @PJTierney is there chance for 3rd Plain colour for all Cars in DR 2.0? if doesn't cost Codemasters licensing it, it would be nice.. (Blue for SUBARU Cars, Focus mk1.. Red for Lancer, Delta etc.. Yellow for Opel Manta, Ascona, Kadett )

48 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

may I ask @PJTierney is there chance for 3rd Plain colour for all Cars in DR 2.0? if doesn't cost Codemasters licensing it, it would be nice.. (Blue for SUBARU Cars, Focus mk1.. Red for Lancer, Delta etc.. Yellow for Opel Manta, Ascona, Kadett )

Even the plain liveries need approval 😉 

I'd say extra liveries, even blanks, are unlikely to happen.

(Ever wonder why the Group B quattro doesn't have one?)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Even the plain liveries need approval 😉 

I'd say extra liveries, even blanks, are unlikely to happen.

(Ever wonder why the Group B quattro doesn't have one?)

Thank You for Your answer,  

i think they don't wanna other liveries on their Car, or its super expensive to have other livery..? I remember when Citroen didn't like C4 with other, then official liveries, for Dirt Rally 1.0 (thats why there where only plain colour for C4) but ,at the end, they let it for DR 2.0.

So with better approach, licencing team can make better deals..

The engine is located behind the Driver (rear or mid-rear) in the
Renault A110
BMW M1 Procar
Speedcar XTREM
and Ford OMSE, right?

Still displayed incorrectly (front) in the menu. Why wasn't this fixed?

One more thing. Could it be that the AI in Scotland is stronger than elsewhere?

Posted (edited)

@dani211212

I thank you for responding with thumbs down , but anyone with two ears can hear the error for themselves :-))
And even if you have a different opinion about it, the mistake remains, and this is called objectivity
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

@dani211212

I thank you for responding with thumbs down , but anyone with two ears can hear the error for themselves :-))
And even if you have a different opinion about it, the mistake remains, and this is called objectivity

You don't have to Thank me, You are the one Who got in my profile, searched for my post, just to put multiple Thumbs down on my post's... I would never fall so deep. 

second, you Can't say its objectivity , i am on US region PSN, so maybe its region problem!? As i really don't have problem with  Co-Driver sound in Scotland.. 

For what it's worth, we've identified something with the audio levels of the German co-driver in Scotland, in 1.14.

Other languages should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have been riding with Mills for a long time and that's the only reason why I tried the German co-driver again.
In New Zealand, Argentina and Finland she' s too loud before the start of the race, just because everything is quiet.
I Scotland the unimportant announcement before the race is quiet, no matter, but then again too loud during the countdown. During the ride some announcements are louder for meters especially "fifty".
So I prefer to continue with Mills.

It would be fundamentally better if all co-drivers would speak more quietly before the race than during the race.

Edited by PaulNbg

VR Comfort settings no longer work in this version, you are able to look back and side ways regardless of the settings.

Only thing is missing is pikes peak.  Truly brilliant going up the twisty mountain road. 

I thought dirty rally 1.0 was excellent. 

But dirty rally 2.0 is so much better  

The RX is surprisingly brilliant with a  wheel. 

This game screams for a FFB wheel. And the FFB  is perfectly weighted. 

My only wish is why codemasters dont make all there Racing games or sims feel that good using a  wheel. 

No Racing game should ever use a pad . Why bother to  even buy a Racing game  

🏎🏎🚧

very big update, i made a video to summarize the major changes: