'GRID (2019) has stopped working' - Troubleshooting

Hey folks,

Some GRID 2019 players on PC have been continuing to report crashing issues related to DX12. Whilst the majority of these can be fixed quite easily, we wanted to put a topic together as a troubleshooting tool for those continuing to get these problems. If you are receiving errors similar to the one below, this topic should help.

image.png

The majority of these crash errors can be resolved by doing the following:

- Ensure GRID, your drivers, and Windows are drivers are up-to-date -

• To ensure Windows is up to date, navigate to the search bar and type 'Windows update settings'. Hit the 'check for update'. button If you are given a message saying 'You're up to date' then you're good to go, otherwise make sure you install the update, restart your machine and then repeat the process until you receive that 'You're up to date' message.
  • Make sure your drivers are up to date. Many DX12 issues are caused by running out-of-date graphics card drivers. To ensure you have the latest drivers installed, PC Gamer has a handy guide in what you need to do - https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-to-update-drivers/ 
  • Update GRID 2019 and 'verify game files'. Make sure you are running the most up to date version of GRID by heading to Steam and updating (typically this should happen automatically the next time you load Steam after we have issued an update). If your game is up-to-date, right-click GRID 2019 in your Steam library and hit Properties. From there, go to 'Local Game Files' and press 'verify integrity of game files'. This might take a few minutes to do, but once done, restart your system.

Hopefully, after completing each of these steps, GRID should be running smoothly. If not, there are some further steps below you can try.

• Delete the hardware config files. If you update your PC with new hardware, often this can cause discrepancies between what GRID thinks your system hardware is, and what you actually have. By deleting the hardware config files that are stored on your PC, this will force a new one to be created when you next load up the game. To find this file, navigate to: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\My Games\GRID (2019)\hardwaresettings and delete the 'hardware settings config' file. This will not impact your game save.
  • Make sure your anti-virus/malware protection isn't blocking the game by adding 'Grid_dx12.exe' to your exceptions. To do this with Windows Firewall, open up Firewall in the Control Panel, go to 'Allow an app' or 'add an exception' and add the 'Grid_dx12.exe' that's located in your Steam folder to this list. To find where 'Grid_dx12.exe' is located, right-click GRID 2019 in your Steam library and hit Properties. From there, go to 'Local Game Files' and press 'view local game files'. 
  • Make sure you aren't running 'MSI Afterburner' as that has been known to cause issues with our games (including F1 2019).
  • Disable the Steam overlay. By right-clicking GRID 2019 in your Steam library, selecting properties and then deselecting 'enable Steam overlay for while in-game' this will disable the overlay. Invites to lobbies and messages whilst in-game will appear in the background, rather than by bringing up the overlay. Achievement notifications will also not show but you will still receive them.

Before attempting to reload GRID after trying any of these steps, please restart your PC. 

Hopefully following these steps will help reduce/stop these errors from popping up. If you have any tips on what's worked for you, please include them in the topic below.

Thanks! 

20 hours ago, CMTGK said:

Hey folks,

Some GRID 2019 players on PC have been continuing to report crashing issues related to DX12. Whilst the majority of these can be fixed quite easily, we wanted to put a topic together as a troubleshooting tool for those continuing to get these problems. If you are receiving errors similar to the one below, this topic should help.

image.png

The majority of these crash errors can be resolved by doing the following:

- Ensure GRID, your drivers, and Windows are drivers are up-to-date -

• To ensure Windows is up to date, navigate to the search bar and type 'Windows update settings'. Hit the 'check for update'. button If you are given a message saying 'You're up to date' then you're good to go, otherwise make sure you install the update, restart your machine and then repeat the process until you receive that 'You're up to date' message.
  • Make sure your drivers are up to date. Many DX12 issues are caused by running out-of-date graphics card drivers. To ensure you have the latest drivers installed, PC Gamer has a handy guide in what you need to do - https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-to-update-drivers/ 
  • Update GRID 2019 and 'verify game files'. Make sure you are running the most up to date version of GRID by heading to Steam and updating (typically this should happen automatically the next time you load Steam after we have issued an update). If your game is up-to-date, right-click GRID 2019 in your Steam library and hit Properties. From there, go to 'Local Game Files' and press 'verify integrity of game files'. This might take a few minutes to do, but once done, restart your system.

Hopefully, after completing each of these steps, GRID should be running smoothly. If not, there are some further steps below you can try.

• Eliminar los archivos de configuración de hardware. Si actualiza su PC con nuevo hardware, a menudo esto puede causar discrepancias entre lo que GRID cree que es el hardware de su sistema y lo que realmente tiene. Al eliminar los archivos de configuración de hardware que están almacenados en su PC, esto obligará a crear uno nuevo la próxima vez que cargue el juego. Para encontrar este archivo, vaya a: C: \ Usuarios \ [NOMBRE DE USUARIO] \ Documentos \ Mis juegos \ GRID (2019) \ hardwaresettings y elimine el archivo 'configuración de configuración de hardware'. Esto no afectará tu partida guardada.
  • Asegúrese de que su protección antivirus / malware no esté bloqueando el juego agregando 'Grid_dx12.exe' a sus excepciones. Para hacer esto con Firewall de Windows, abra Firewall en el Panel de control, vaya a 'Permitir una aplicación' o 'agregue una excepción' y agregue 'Grid_dx12.exe' que se encuentra en su carpeta de Steam a esta lista. Para encontrar dónde se encuentra 'Grid_dx12.exe', haga clic con el botón derecho en GRID 2019 en su biblioteca de Steam y presione Propiedades. Desde allí, vaya a 'Archivos locales del juego' y presione 'ver archivos locales del juego'. 
  • Asegúrate de no estar ejecutando 'MSI Afterburner', ya que se sabe que causa problemas con nuestros juegos (incluido F1 2019).
  • Desactiva la superposición de Steam. Al hacer clic con el botón derecho en GRID 2019 en su biblioteca de Steam, seleccionar propiedades y luego anular la selección de 'habilitar la superposición de Steam durante el juego', esto deshabilitará la superposición. Las invitaciones a los lobbies y los mensajes mientras están en el juego aparecerán en segundo plano, en lugar de mostrar la superposición. Las notificaciones de logros tampoco se mostrarán, pero igual las recibirá.

Antes de intentar volver a cargar GRID después de intentar cualquiera de estos pasos, reinicie su PC. 

Con suerte, seguir estos pasos ayudará a reducir / detener la aparición de estos errores. Si tiene algún consejo sobre lo que le funcionó, inclúyalo en el tema a continuación.

¡Gracias! 

aprecio los esfuerzos, pero lamentablemente esto no funcionó para mí.

hice paso a paso las instrucciones y no paso nada 

Ayúdenos y publique un buen parche o actualización para resolver esto por favor , las personas tienes problemas los que tiene  AMD Ryzen and intel core i5 tienen este error de Directx ...

Posted (edited)

Malgré toutes ces manipulations, c'est toujours la même chose, le jeu crash au bout de quelques minutes, maintenant je ne peux même pas faire une course !!

Vite un correctif svp !!

Je n'ai aucun soucis avec mes autres jeux et mon PC est neuf et à jour.

Crash again today only 5 minutes after start

GRID2019-Error.png

Edited by GodsAvenger

Hi,

Crash again and again only 1 minute after launch. it's more and more short before crash.

Please help us, the people who have a Ryzen Processor.

Thanks again

It's not just Ryzen either - got a mate who can no longer play the game using an i7-930. Every other game working fine.

Crashes every time at launch - what's changed in this patch please CodeMasters?

MSI Afterburner was the reason why I was getting this error.

Unfortunately I want to use the application to OC my GPU!

Unfortunately none of the suggestions have resolved it for me, still get DX12 errors, could be 5min or 5 hours until i get it, even sometimes launching the game and loading a race it'll crash, crashes at random, could be any point

Access violation at address 0xf93aa577 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x84a577.
Grid_dx12.exe

always crash after one minute :-(

i send many report but.... nothing change... i'm sad

Hi @CMTGK,

I've followed all the above recommendations and have even re-installed Grid (via Steam) on another hard drive - unfortunately I have experienced the same problem, The game crashes when I try to launch it (I have about 20 seconds of a black screen, then error report).

The first error message was: Access violation at address 0x80547533 in module 'Grid_dx12.exe' + 0x717533.   Grid_dx12.exe

I tried to re-launch the game and then had this error message: Access violation at address 0xbf408bb7 in module 'D3D12.dll' + 0x8bb7.   D3D12.dll

Strangely, when I re-checked that the application was set to 'safe' in Bitdefender AV, it showed that the Grid (2019) executable had not requested access.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hi all,

Always crash with many Grid_dx12.exe error

No solution to resolve this !?

I send many many report but...

We paid for this game but there is not support to help us to find a solution.

For me it's the last time i buy a codemasters game!!!

Hello everyone. The same error screen appears to me, but it does not specify that it is from directx 12. Any solution for this error code? Appreciate!

erro grid.jpg

Posted (edited)

Your game is crashing continuously it might be two reasons either steam not working properly or your PC doesn't meet the specification. However, you can try https://gamexmentor.com/steam-not-opening/

Now you can do one thing try to reinstall the game but before take backup.

For more information check the steam community where you might get an answer.

Edited by Mentor

Posted (edited)

play game grid 2019  black screen out game 

windows up

vga card driver up radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.4.2

Clear DirectX cache windows

delet C:\Users\ \Documents\My Games\GRID (2019)

system 

cpu : a107850k

vga : rx580

ram : 8g  gskil bus 2400 

windows 10 

1399-03-29 08_46_17-Window.jpg

Edited by vishta