Sign in to follow this  

Wheel Transitioning Tips

Hi guys,

I have gotten pretty used to the controller. I can do Elite assists with Medium AI.

However, starting with a wheel I feel I am starting the game all over again from square one.

Do you recommend going back to beginner assists, or persisting with elite?

Beginner assists I am still five seconds down on my first run.

Elite it is over ten seconds and invalidating laps but it does feel better.

So I made the change at the back end of November was always practically at 95 to 100 on the f1 games but found myself dropping 10 points on 18 and i am playing on 85 on 2019.

I didnt remove or add any assists just took the AI hit and adjusted. It takes time but you will get a new normal but assists off is the way to go if you want to be faster.

on Project cars I was faster with the wheel 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, thatsfine said:

Hi guys,

I have gotten pretty used to the controller. I can do Elite assists with Medium AI.

However, starting with a wheel I feel I am starting the game all over again from square one.

I’d persist and practice a lot on Elite. I made the transition from pad to wheel in 2012 and started to play a lot of rFactor with the 1994 F1 mod using Senna’s Williams at Imola and my early lap times were not impressive, like 1:35. After much practice and persistence with a wheel, I started to lap within a couple of tenths of Senna’s Pole time. Eventually you’ll get the feel of it, all it is is transferring some skills from your hands to your feet, very much like when drummer Rick Allen lost an arm in a car accident in 1984, he started using foot pedals to use with his left foot. He practiced for 8 hours a day and made him a better drummer and the first album he made afterwards sold 25 million copies, it’s called “Hysteria” by Def Leppard. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, thatsfine said:

Hi guys,

just don't use assists. For me it was like starting all over again too.. but  then it's a lot more fun so practicing is not too bad 😛
It takes a few weeks.  maybe more if you were really good on pad to get up to that speed. 

But you don't want to learn with abs-tc and then have to RELEARN again to turn it of. they slow you down anyway. 

• Agree 2

I would turn off all assists except ABS, traction control (and maybe racing line if you don't know the tracks).  That keeps your wheels turning most of the time, without spinning them too badly and causing a large loss of traction.

Remember the golden rule: Slow in, Fast out.  Get used to hitting the brakes at the right time, hard at first because the high downforce helps prevent lockups, then release gradually as your speed decreases.

Once you get used to braking smoothly, turn off ABS.  You'll probably lock up your brakes a lot at first, but you'll get used to how much you have to release the brakes as you slow down.

Then it's a matter of learning the weird things about each track, like your right-front locking super easily at the bottom of the hill before the right turn toward the hairpin at Monaco.

Accelerating is the exact same idea.  Start with a bit of gas at first, and slowly increase as your speed gets higher.  If you put your foot down too fast, you will spin your wheels.  It's hard not to with 1000+ horsepower and ridiculous amounts of torque at your disposal.

The other "rule" is: "The amount of gas or brake is directly related to how straight your wheels are."  In other words, if you try to brake too hard while you're turning, you will lose traction.  If you try to accelerate too fast while turning, you will spin.  Brake in a straight line as much as possible - there are corners where you have to trail brake, but worry about those once you've mastered the transition to the wheel and pedals.

Then, practise like crazy (darn, you have to play a lot of video games).

And above all, enjoy the experience you get from DRIVING the car around the track, instead of just controlling it.  😉

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks guys. Going for no assists, 0% AI and a lot of practice til I get the consistency I want.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, thatsfine said:

Thanks guys. Going for no assists, 0% AI and a lot of practice til I get the consistency I want.

That's always the most exciting way for me. No assists at all but be sensible with the ai to start with. As soon as you get used to staying on track you can start raising that ai level pretty fast. The amount of power you have at your finger tips with no assists is awe inspiring!

Hey buddy ..Thanks for the post.

Some information i got to share with you: Set the wheels in such a way that as the kid is beginning to ride, they can tilt just a little and they get the support that they need as well as a feel of balancing. You had better start with about 1/4 inch off the ground and keep one wheel higher than the others.

Hope you may know more tips like this On :Viva tv

• Haha 1