Sign in to follow this  

practice programs laptimes

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

Once i started running full length races in F1 2018 I found by the end of the first season the only track that was always a challenge was Monaco. Some unlikely tracks became more enjoyable. Suzuka became my favorite as I could really push there and Baku became fun too (don't quote me lol). Plus as I was McClaren there was no pressure to perform first season so it was literally one long practice season!

Very true!  Doing anything 50 or 60 times in a row will make you better.  Except Monaco.  I actually believe Monaco can only be properly raced with people who can step out of the normal time-space continuum.   👽

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

Very true!  Doing anything 50 or 60 times in a row will make you better.  Except Monaco.  I actually believe Monaco can only be properly raced with people who can step out of the normal time-space continuum.   👽

Yes and they make it look so easy too... Alien buggers lol

• Haha 1

Drifting back on topic

20 hours ago, Magic1111 said:

They only depend on the level of difficulty set.

With a worn engine, they will be more difficult to achieve because lap times will be slower.

That's more or less what I noticed and it's utterly stupid

IRL, teams do put very worn engines in FP, and I'm guessing they aren't surprized if the laptimes drop. I mean, if you throw something in the water, don't be surprised if it's wet afterwards

This doesn't make for very good practice, depending on the level of engine wear, it will either be way too easy or virtually impossible (and frustrating AF)

And also, it means that to improve your practice points, you have to get a new practice gearbox every weekend. Very realistic