4. ______
  5. ______

Platform: _____

PC Build: _____

VR Headset used: ______

Wheel/Pedals used: ______

Message added by PJTierney

PJTierney
  • As mentioned in the letter to the DiRT Rally 2.0 community, the DiRT Rally development team is beginning to ramp up work on future (unannounced) projects.

• A few very minor updates are planned for DiRT Rally 2.0 before we complete development service on this title.

• Version 1.15 does not have a set date yet, but do not expect it for a few months at the earliest.

• In terms of bugfixing, the team will primarily focus on critical and/or game-breaking issues only.

• For the avoidance of doubt, "important" bugs are ones that adversely and directly affect your driving, major performance drops, crashes etc.

• As with all modern games, there will be some minor things that simply won't be "fixed".

• Please bear all of the above in mind before you post, thank you.

Message added by PJTierney

IMPORTANT: This thread is slightly different to previous ones, read first post carefully.

• As mentioned in the letter to the DiRT Rally 2.0 community, the DiRT Rally development team is beginning to ramp up work on future (unannounced) projects.

• A few very minor updates are planned for DiRT Rally 2.0 before we complete development service on this title.

• Version 1.15 does not have a set date yet, but do not expect it for a few months at the earliest.

• In terms of bugfixing, the team will primarily focus on critical and/or game-breaking issues only.

• For the avoidance of doubt, "important" bugs are ones that adversely and directly affect your driving, major performance drops, crashes etc.

• As with all modern games, there will be some minor things that simply won't be "fixed".

• Please bear all of the above in mind before you post, thank you.

DR2_McRae_Banner_Twitter.jpg

Posting guidelines:

• Check if something has already been reported, and hit the the ❤️ icon on a post if it's happening to you too.

• Make sure you provide a method of reproduction (MOR) before sharing an issue.

• When providing your MOR, clearly explain how to reproduce the bug you encountered (bullet points are good, video is better but not mandatory).

• No MOR means no real way for dev team to identify how a bug can be caused, and therefore no fix.

• Maximum of one bug per post. Every bug then gets its own URL for dev team to track. 

How to post a bug:

Issue: _______

Method of Reproduction:

1. ______
  2. ______
  3. ______
  4. ______
  5. ______

Platform: _____

PC Build: _____

VR Headset used: ______

Wheel/Pedals used: ______

Posted (edited)

Problem solved!

Issue: Ford Mustang RGT, all rear lights including brake lights lit at all times

Method of Reproduction:

1. choose Ford Mustang 
  2. go to external view
  3. Put on/off lights and use Brake pedal.

Platform: PC Steam

PC Build: Win 10 1909

VR Headset used: none

Wheel/Pedals used:Logitech G-920 + H-shifter

Edited by Ulanthorn
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The German co-driver is still much too quiet in Scotland and the volume constantly fluctuates between loud and soft.

In fact it seems to be only the German co-driver I have tried the English and French ones and with these two the volume is perfect in Scotland.

I am 100% sure also because I have compared the German with two others but you can hear it yourself

German Co-Driver please watch/listen again and patch

PS4

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Color banding with oculus when using oculus sdk.

Choose a night stage and use oculus sdk and then try steam VR and youll see the difference. Turn off the lights and you will notice what we mean immediately. This is a pretty serious issue since it really affect night driving.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Thanks 1

A small sound bug on the PS4 Pro
When you start the game, it is always very quiet and you have to turn up the volume of the TV. But as soon as you go to the sound options in the game, the game immediately gets louder, even though you haven't adjusted anything yet.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Issue: In rallycross qualifying the random times from the other heats are far faster than the AI drivers on track. This is a critical and/or game-breaking issue because it completely destroys singleplayer rallycross, you cannot have decent singleplayer racing because the difficulty is badly mismatched, difficulty level of the random times is far higher than that of the physical AI drivers. Being faster than the AI drivers but finishing 16th in every race is not good racing

Method of Reproduction:

1. Start singleplayer rallycross qualifier, set difficulty to say 80
  2. It happens on many different tracks but Killarney is especially bad. Also Silverstone
  3. Complete the heat, compare the times of the drivers in your heat to the randomized times from other heats

Here is one example. AI drivers are 2:45-2:47 level while random times are 2:29-2:34. They should be about the same level but there is a 4 second per lap disparity, which is enormous.

20200124004523_1.thumb.jpg.9fe8a00b36d7fe49a3f20348ba2da556.jpg20200124004527_1.thumb.jpg.172bcddd7ab773dabb3cae7e5d033f61.jpg

Platform: Steam

PC Build: 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb, SSD, Windows 10, SB Z, 1440p 60Hz

VR Headset used: Nope

Wheel/Pedals used: Logitech G920+shifter

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Issue: Driver position in Lancia 037 and Porsche 911 SC RS is way too close to windshield. Since the driver position adjust bizarrely does not allow moving backwards from default position, it cannot be corrected manually

Method of Reproduction:

1. Set field of view to lowest value
  2. Select Lancia 037 or Porsche 911 SC RS
  3. Use cockpit view (the one which is affected by FOV)
  4. 20200121190801_1.thumb.jpg.0110f9bdcdc19083eb023a9b6f96f8d7.jpg20200409185011_1.thumb.jpg.abfae9cc5603f1e48b830045d8e809be.jpg

How cockpit view with lowest FOV should look like:

20200121234013_1.thumb.jpg.b635d02bd2fe4808335884b262410553.jpg

PC Build: 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb, SSD, Windows 10, SB Z, 1440p 60Hz

VR Headset used: Nope

Wheel/Pedals used: Logitech G920+shifter

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Thanks 1

Issue: AI performance seems way off when running a stage on "incorrect" tyre compound.

In my case I was running a Pro career event in Germany in the Lancer Evo 6. At service before stage 6, the upcoming stages were a short wet stage and a long dry stage. Since the majority of the distance was in the dry, I opted for a dry (soft) tyre. In the wet stage I had to hold back a bit on soft tyres which is expected, but got absolutely destroyed by the AI and in that short stage I lost half a minute and fell from 3rd place way down the event standings. This strongly hinted that the AI was on dry tyres and I would be able to take back the loss in the next stage which was a long and dry stage and I was on soft tyre while AI was on wet tyres. This didn't happen, AI was as strong in the dry as they were in the first half of the rally (which had been all dry).

This indicates the AI is way too fast when using one of the compunds in the wrong conditions. I suspect they are too fast in the dry on wet tyres. Could also be that it's the other way around (they are too fast in the wet on dry tyres) but I doubt it since the margin the AI beat me with in the wet was so huge, I assume they were on wet tyres. If they indeed were on dry tyres then there is an even bigger problem with the AI performance in the wet on dry tyres.

Method of Reproduction:

1. Play Group A 4WD Pro career rally event (Germany) with the Group A 4WD Lancer Evo where there are mixed conditions (wet and dry) within the same service interval
  2. Pick soft tyres, drive both stages at a good pace and observe the AI performance

Issue: Unable to repair car before a new career event. After ending an event with a damaged car, then exiting to main menu to do something else, later going to the car in the garage and selecting it to continue the championship, the next event starts with the car still damaged.

(Not sure if bug or this is intended but I strongly doubt this is intended, since sending a damaged car directly to the next event on the other side of the world without repairing it first makes little sense)

This means that if you manage to heavily damage your car in an event (more total damage than can be repaired during a 00:30) then you likely will be running the entire championship with a damaged car, since you don't get a non-time limited service between the events. In DR1 cars were repaired between events, which further makes me doubt that the behavior in DR2 is intended.

Method of Reproduction:

1. Play career rally event, end the event with some damage on the car
  2. After getting the cash reward, go back to the main menu
  3. Go to the garage and find the car, select it to continue championship
  4. The next event loads with the car carrying the damage from the previous event

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Issue: The brake upgrade is missing from the Group A Subaru Legacy RS.

Method of Reproduction:

1. Go to garage
  2. Select the Group A Subaru Legacy RS
  3. Navigate to the Upgrades tab
  4. Compare the car to the other Group A cars that have 5 upgrades
  5. Notice that the brake upgrade is the one that is missing and that there are only 4 upgrades available

Platform: Xbox One X

Build: V1.14.0

Wheel/Pedals used: none

5-6-2020_8-15-55_PM-uqm2x3a2.png

• Thanks 1

please tell the conceptors of the future projects to find another way to patch things in small affordable downloads,

as not everybody is connected with limitless optic fiber.

-And we should have the right, as users, to accept or refuse the download, and continue to play with previous version

-Plus, this 20gb style gets hours and hours to harvest, including many shut off, restart loosing the signal etc... during those loading bugs several users of my friends report they had the pilot profile cancelled, lost their personal car settings etc.

Lots of players run the xbox with their smartphone's contract; therefore getting a 20gb in this period, at the begginning of the month, is just not sustainable.. I am used to match daily events and often enter top 10 results, but now my xbox is shut up till.... have no idea when, because i just can't afford that 20GB. Need my phone for job and family during confinement. this is too big. need to spare in several optional items

Posted (edited)

Problem solved!

Issue: Peugeot 205 GTI, Rear light permanently lit, brake lights do not work at all.

Method of Reproduction:

1. choose Peugeot 205 GTi
  2. go to externel view
  3. try to swich lights off
  4. apply brake to see missing brake light

Platform: PC Steam

Build: Win 10 1909

Wheel/Pedals used: Logitech G-920 + shifter

Edited by Ulanthorn
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Addendum:

The problem is solved. The rear light/ brake light issue shows up when there is no deadzone assigned to the brake axis. The brake is always slightly on with no deadzone, even when there is no brake input to the vehicle simulation. A calibration of all controlelr axis and 5% deadzoen to brakes solved the issue. Since some cars use one light for both rear and brake light, it seemed like the rear light was missing.

Edited by Ulanthorn
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, fcuvillier972 said:

please tell the conceptors of the future projects to find another way to patch things in small affordable downloads, 

Finishing/polishing the game before release (instead almost 2 years after) would work too.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Issue: Huge and abnormal fps drop at a specific point near the exit of the bridge on Old Butterstone Muir stage(s), including the larger ones that include this road segment in Scotland. This elongated stutter can cause an accident while driving at speed on both directions. Only seems to affect gameplay drastically on old CPUs (which can drop fps to single digits), or can be noticeable on more recent ones when heavily taxed under VR and requiring high fps. Changing graphics settings does nothing to fps (even when stopped) at the critical point. The issue goes away in replays.

Same as in 1.13 at release date.

Method of Reproduction:

1. With an old CPU (preferentially FX or Intel core series 1st gen up to 4th), launch a time trial in Old Butterstone Muir.
  2. Using a fps/frametime overlay, drive until the bridge and stop before it. Then drive very slowly until its exit, and watch for fps variation until the car enters the next corner. Please refer to my previous post on this issue (link), and also to ialyrn's clip on the Steam thread (link).

Platform: PC/Steam
PC Build: FX8350/16GB RAM/RX480 8GB/W10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Issue:
1)
Car engine sound is way too loud. Changing the value between 50 and 100 makes no output difference
Because of the engine volume, I had to reduce the HMD volume from 90% to about 40% in the previous update (the problem still exists). The engine sound was also reduced from 60 to 50 and the co-driver is constantly at 100%. . However, the engine is much too loud.
2) It's still hard to understand the co-driver, better than in the last update but still too quiet. (also because of the engine)
And just btw: Similar to Scotland, the "co-driver" in WRX is also also very quiet, but that's a problem since release. (Most WRC stages are louder)

Method of Reproduction:

1. Use a HMD
  2. Use German language
  3. Choose Scotland (and/or WRX)
  4. Try to listen to the co-driver with default settings, then use your own.
  5. Try to hear/find the difference between 50% and 100% engine sound.

Platform: Steam/Oculus

PC Build: Win 10 (OS Build 18363.778) 
RTX 2070 Armor, i7-8700K, 16GB RAM.
Happens with Nvidia, Realtek and Oculus sound output. (Doesn't matter if i use Razer Surround or not)
All drivers up-to-date, incl USB, soundcard, chipset etc. Bios is also up-to-date and the drivers for the graphics card is clean installed with every update (as recommended by nvidia and amd).

VR Headset used: Rift S (Oculus Software version: 17)

Edited by DessIntress
And anyway, why is 50% the minimum value for the sound settings??
  • Thanks 1

PS4 Pro, v.1.14 still this bug
After I finished an event in free play this overview was there where you can see all past and future events. When I clicked on "Weiter" (Next) the game crashed (CE-34878-0) before the selection menu for cars appeared.

Issue: missing sound after the restart in Colin McRae challenge (Wales, 1988)
Method of Reproduction:
1. Go to the race
2. Get second time on first split
3. Crash the car into a tree or something that way, that car would get terminal damage (wheels)
4. Restart the race

Video with disappeared sound: https://youtu.be/JEAY5Xrt8IU

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DessIntress said:

Issue:
1)
Car engine sound is way too loud. Changing the value between 50 and 100 makes no output difference
Because of the engine volume, I had to reduce the HMD volume from 90% to about 40% in the previous update (the problem still exists). The engine sound was also reduced from 60 to 50 and the co-driver is constantly at 100%. . However, the engine is much too loud.
2) It's still hard to understand the co-driver, better than in the last update but still too quiet. (also because of the engine)
And just btw: Similar to Scotland, the "co-driver" in WRX is also also very quiet, but that's a problem since release. (Most WRC stages are louder)

Method of Reproduction:

1. Use a HMD
  2. Use German language
  3. Choose Scotland (and/or WRX)
  4. Try to listen to the co-driver with default settings, then use your own.
  5. Try to hear/find the difference between 50% and 100% engine sound.

Platform: Steam/Oculus

PC Build: Win 10 (OS Build 18363.778) 
RTX 2070 Armor, i7-8700K, 16GB RAM.
Happens with Nvidia, Realtek and Oculus sound output. (Doesn't matter if i use Razer Surround or not)
All drivers up-to-date, incl USB, soundcard, chipset etc. Bios is also up-to-date and the drivers for the graphics card is clean installed with every update (as recommended by nvidia and amd).

VR Headset used: Rift S (Oculus Software version: 17)

So I also play on the PS4 and have every volume set to 100%.

There are two cars where the engine sound is really loud : Peugeot 208 R2 and Seat Ibiza Kitcar.

Only in Scotland is the German co-driver very, very hard to hear in all other rallies.
Again to Scotland I can only advise every German rally driver to listen to the English and French and then you know how to hear the volume correctly.

I have been playing for over 500 hours and I know what I am writing about 😉

I also wonder what is going on with the quality management at Codemasters?

First the co-driver "bug" is not noticed before release and after the patch the "bug" is still there at least for german drivers

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Thanks 1

I have a problem because the citroen C3 R5 does not make the correct sound when shifting and braking as on PC?  and how come on consoles the tracks are as obfuscated especially with the sun, I hope they solve:classic_sleep:

Posted (edited)

Issue: Car Speed indicators keeps showing as MPH despite unit is set to KMH

Method of Reproduction:

1. From gameplay settings set unit to KMH
  2. Select a car with digital speedometer. (Some analog cars also have this issue)
  3. Make Sure HUD is enabled
  4. Switch into the cockpit view while driving
  5. Look at the speedometer and HUD at the same time, differs about 1.6x

Platform: PC/Steam

PC Build: up to date Win10

VR Headset used: No

Wheel/Pedals used: Logitech G29

Edited by ToMythTo
clearified

Posted (edited)

Issue: RX2 Fiesta has semi-permanently cracked windscreen.

In 1.13 the windscreen of my RX2 Fiesta seemed to be permanenly damaged during a career championship. Reparing bodywork would not repair the windsceen. After the championship (and after restarting the game) I drove a daily event with the RX2 Fiesta and the windscreen was OK again. Yesterday (in 1.14) I entered another daily event with an undamaged RX2 Fiesta, but when the car loaded the windscreen was cracked again.

Method of Reproduction:

1. Play events (career or online) with the RX2 Fiesta until the windscreen gets cracked (either by crashing or just appearing cracked at the start of a race for no apparent reason)
  2. Repair bodywork
  3. Start the next race and see that the windscreen is still cracked

Edited by cheba

Posted (edited)

Issue: Stage preview and tyre menu give conflicting information about the conditions of upcoming stages.

During an event, if you come into service with wet tyres and all the upcoming stages until next service are dry according to the stage preview, in the tyre menu you will get a warning about there being a mix of dry and wet stages until the next service, even though the stage preview says that all stages are either wet or dry.

When I get this conflicting information I go for wet tyres just to be safe, to avoid ending up having to drive a long wet stage on dry tyres. However, everytime so far this turned out been the wrong choice, since all stages have actually ended up being dry, just as the stage preview stated.

I reported this exact bug in an earlier version (1.13?)

Method of Reproduction:

1. Play an event and drive stages with wet tyres
  2. When you come into a service, check the stage preview for the upcoming stages to see if all om the upcoming stages are dry
  3. If all upcoming stages are dry, go into the tyre menu to see that warning about there being a mix of wet and dry stages coming up

Edited by cheba

Posted (edited)

Issue: R5 Polo either does not get fitted with a light bar or gets fitted with a broken light bar before a dark stage.

On several occasions I have been driving the Polo in an event (might apply to other cars too) and as a dark stage comes up, it either gets fitted with a broken light bar (bar is bent and missing 2 out of 4 lights) or it does not get fitted with a light bar at all. On at least some of these occasions (maybe all?) I have had frontal damage to the car from the previous stage with one or both headlights broken. Perhaps there is a bug causing car damage to sometimes be applied to the light bar too, even though the light bar wasn't fitted when the car received the frontal damage.

This can be a game breaking bug since if you smash both of your headlights before a dark stage, you could be forced to drive a long dark stage without lights at all, in case your light bar doesn't get fitted.

This happened to me, and an interesting thing is this: After the long dark stage I entered service, and in the service park there was no light bar on the car. Since I lost so much time driving the long stage without any lights at all I decided to retire. I chose retire in the menu, and as I'm shown the points standings after the event, the team is standing next to my damaged car, but now it has been fitted with a light bar.

I reported this exact bug in an earlier version (1.13?)

Method of Reproduction:

1. Play a multistage event in the R5 Polo until a dark stage comes up (might have to cause damage to the front/headlights before the dark stage, not sure)
  2. As the dark stage starts, see if the car has been fitted with a broken light bar or not been fitted with a light bar at all

Edited by cheba
  • Thanks 1