Match on PI not Trophies!

What is the point of racing a duel especially in qualifying against someone with the same trophies if their car is 300 points higher in PI. 
You are always going to lose if no mistakes are made. Point in case attached. I quit as there really no point. The game is in favour of people that spend to get better cars and not those who want to progress without spending a fortune and you really do have to spend a load. Codemasters swap to matching duels with PI. You won’t of course as it’s not in your favour.  It’s in the players favour. Money grabbing. 

1ACA10FF-6D36-4681-A66D-588CD1FF164C.png

For what it’s worth, matchups aren’t just based on Trophies.  They are also based on your safety rating.  I know this because when I turned off brake assist, I was super fast, but as I got used to my brakes, I was quite reckless.  When you are are reckless, you get matched up against other “Red” and “Yellow” players who are also reckless.  And when you are racing other reckless players, you get shoved off the tack and your safety rating becomes a downward spiral until you learn how to drive without assists.  But during this time, nearly all my opponents were between .5 and 2 in driver safety rating.

So if we know we are matched up based on Trophies AND Safety Rating, why don’t we think we’re also being matched up based on PI?  And if they are matching up by 2 or even 3 cohorts, it’s inherent that at least 2 of the 3 cohorts will always have discrepancies.  It’s rare there will always be perfect matchups.

You’re wrong popdad. 1) it’s possible to beat cars with a better pi but guess what? Just like in f1 if they’ve got a better car and drive well they’ll win. How’s that not fair? 2) the game favors actually favours people who spend longer building their performance as you’ll reach a higher level in respect to your league position and thus have more r&d points available. 3) you’ve got this game for free. Is it really so wrong if Codemasters actually would like to earn some money with it? 

Posted (edited)

For example here’s the result of a quali duel I just did. As I won I don’t know if the guy messed up badly but I don’t think he did and apart from gaining on me down the straight in Shanghai he was always 1sec behind.

71012A9D-2D86-4367-87AC-99AA45CEAD93.png

Edited by KMPkemp
Typos

Facing opponents with higher cups is a blessing in disguise because when you beat them, your cup reward is also higher. In addition, if you lose, your loss of cups isn't as much as if you lose to someone with similar or lower cups.

All designed to peg your progress and make you spend. Which is fine cos they want to make money. But so bloody annoying 

How can you match on PI when you should have three different set-ups. 

7 hours ago, G1bby said:

How can you match on PI when you should have three different set-ups. 

Good point.  Can’t really realistically execute this.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:21 AM, KMPkemp said:

You’re wrong popdad. 1) it’s possible to beat cars with a better pi but guess what? Just like in f1 if they’ve got a better car and drive well they’ll win. How’s that not fair? 2) the game favors actually favours people who spend longer building their performance as you’ll reach a higher level in respect to your league position and thus have more r&d points available. 3) you’ve got this game for free. Is it really so wrong if Codemasters actually would like to earn some money with it? 

True BUT the game is infested with dirty drivers and pure cheaters which Codemasters clearly favour letting them smash your car and win without damages. This game needs real damages on the car when you hit someone..until then, the game is unplayable or not worth spending efforts besides being rigged i think