F1® 2020 | Spain Hotlap

Another Thursday, another F1® 2020 hotlap for you.

Join us in saying "Hola España!" as we head to the fiery Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya for the latest hot lap from the upcoming F1® 2020 game. Ride on-board with Carlos Sainz in his McLaren as he takes on this classic high-speed track ahead of the weekend's Spanish Virtual Grand Prix.

Eagle-eyed fans of the previous game will notice the subtle changes in the elevation between turns 13 and 14, with particular care taken on tweaking the final sector.

Whilst we can't be at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in person, we've lined up a stellar roster for the Spanish Virtual Grand Prix this Sunday, May 10th. From 6pm BST on Sunday, Manchester City hitman Sergio Aguero, Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois and Barcelona's midfield general Arthur Melo will be racing on the virtual Spanish circuit. As for the pros, you can expect fierce competition between Charles Leclerc, Lando Norris, George Russell, Nicolas Latifi, Antonio Giovinazzi, and Alex Albon - fresh from his maiden Virtual Grand Prix victory in Brazil.

Find out more here: Be the 11th team in F1® 2020 – out 10th July 2020. Find out more and pre-order here: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/preorder

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

With overtake displayed on the dash i hope we have a simpler ers system with override button for overtake mode 

unless it’s just a refresh of modes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 from 2019 and will now show 0, 1, 2, 3, O & H instead

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 3

For me the Renault engine sound is a bit odd bit that doesn't really matter. The next thing I noticed were the elevation changes in t13/14. The game looks less understeery compared to the zandvoort hotlap. You can also cleerly see that the graphics haven't been the main focus on this years game wich doesn't really matter as long as the rest is improved! 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DJINFINITY2003 said:

Per me il suono del motore Renault è un po 'strano che non ha molta importanza. La prossima cosa che ho notato sono stati i cambiamenti di elevazione in t13 / 14. Il gioco sembra meno sottosterzo rispetto alla hotlap zandvoort. Puoi anche vedere con intelligenza che la grafica non è stata al centro dell'attenzione per il gioco di quest'anno, il che non ha molta importanza finché il resto è migliorato! 

That's not the Renault's engine, it's the spec car's engine 

Edited by F1Alonso14

1 minute ago, F1Alonso14 said:

Don't think so, the audio team responded on the previous Zandvoort hotlap that the audio was in fact the Red Bull bundle. Gotta say I like how the downshifts sound. 

I'm also very curious how ERS is implemented as it says mode 0-overtake. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, F1Alonso14 said:

...Is it? @issueskid confirmed us that the previous hot lap had the actual audio of the car (RB, was it?)

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

...Is it? @issueskid confirmed us that the previous hot lap had the actual audio of the car (RB, was it?)

Ah ok, i didn't know that

5 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Don't think so, the audio team responded on the previous Zandvoort hotlap that the audio was in fact the Red Bull bundle. Gotta say I like how the downshifts sound. 

I'm also very curious how ERS is implemented as it says mode 0-overtake. 

Yeah, the downshifts sound is awesome 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for listening, now if the third sector is much better. Also highlights the great improvement in sound

Edited by KayPax
  • Agree 2

The changes to the track in the last sector look like a really good improvement. No more throwing the car into a spin from the camber of the track in turns 7-8 and turn 11, looks quite nice and planted.

Visually no change from F1 2019 but that was kind of expected as the game looked probably as good as it could ever look on the current gen systems.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KayPax said:

Thanks for listening, now if the third sector is much better

This video gives me hope that they've removed the Suzuka bump and fixed the Spa chicane elevation as well. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Looks really understeer-y. Engine still sounds too high pitched yet flat

ERS looks like it could be worse than last year, doing a whole lap in 'overtake' mode and that's mode '0'

Really hope we still have ers control of some kind but with the option for an overtake button

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 2

The track is still has nothing in common compared to real life. The small elevation change improvement in the last chicane is all. Compare the track in the video with the track of pre season testing. Not a single kerb is right...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

The changes to the track in the last sector look like a really good improvement. No more throwing the car into a spin from the camber of the track in turns 7-8 and turn 11, looks quite nice and planted.

Visually no change from F1 2019 but that was kind of expected as the game looked probably as good as it could ever look on the current gen systems.

Glad it wasn't just me having that trouble lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Looks good disappointed in turn 1 and 2 looks flat.

Turn 5 exit does not have the white rumpled strips behind kerbs 

Turn 8 exit is not red, where are the yellow plank kerbs on exit of turn 9 and exit of turn 15.

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

you must also fix the curb in turn 11 because it is still too High, even the other curbs do not seem very realistic to me, in 2021 we urgently need the laser scanner of the tracks. For the rest there is still a lot of understeer So much work to do in the beta and one way to go, simulation.

Edited by mikyesposto95
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

18 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

This video gives me hope that they've removed the Suzuka bump and fixed the Spa chicane elevation as well. 

Me too, I totally agree with your argument

Posted (edited)

I hope it will not be the engine sound we will get in the game. Sorry but its horrible...

When i compair asseto corsa F1 sound with F1 2019 games. Asseto is far away in the engine sound.

To feel the game you have to feel a good engine sound

Edited by ZixClon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I'm looking forward to seeing what Montreal will look like, its the weakest track every year, needs fully updating way way too flat.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

you must also fix the curb in turn 11 because it is still too High, even the other curbs do not seem very realistic to me, in 2021 we urgently need the laser scanner of the tracks. For the rest there is still a lot of understeer So much work to do in the beta and one way to go, simulation.

definitely if they started laser scanning in good enough time for the new consoles. 

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

F1 have laser scanned models of all the tracks they race on, its part of the 'Grade 1' status of becoming an F1 track so they have accurate models, they require it for safety reasons, planning etc. As codemasters have the Official licence from F1 obtaining this data shouldn't have been too hard 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, TomAAA said:

F1 have laser scanned models of all the tracks they race on, its part of the 'Grade 1' status of becoming an F1 track so they have accurate models, they require it for safety reasons, planning etc. As codemasters have the Official licence from F1 obtaining this data shouldn't have been too hard 

Now I'd be nice to get some confirmation on who is 'F1'. FOM or FIA?

Codemasters is constantly improving engines. The Honda and Renault engines have been improved from 2019. I like the Mclaren steering wheel and the paint. I hope that F1 2020 will finally make a decent multiplayer and better optimization will be a better game from 18 and 19!

what does overtake mean on the steering wheel? i know what overtaking is😂. it could be a new engine mode. 

The FIA and liberty should be encouraging Codemasters to laser scan all the tracks, even if that means helping with the cost. Surely they are aware of the the criticism happening (I guess its all about the money)

If any one else in the future takes on the official F1 licence video game, they probably already have laser scanning capabilities.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3