F1® 2020 | Spain Hotlap

4 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Hotlap basically means a lap around a circuit in this case. Also @PJTierney is more DiRTy than F1-y 😁

Oh apologies. Thought it actually meant qualy lap. No disrespect @PJTierney! 😅

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

The FIA and liberty should be encouraging Codemasters to laser scan all the tracks, even if that means helping with the cost. Surely they are aware of the the criticism happening (I guess its all about the money)

If any one else in the future takes on the official F1 licence video game, they probably already have laser scanning capabilities.

Tracks like Monaco, Baku, Singapore and Hanoi only exist in a drivable form for a few days per year and a lot of that time is taken up by support races. Even Montreal and Melbourne are temporary tracks with normal traffic for the rest of the year, so getting all of them properly laserscanned is likely an effort spanning years.

One can dream though.

14 minutes ago, Tomi1997 said:

Oh apologies. Thought it actually meant qualy lap. No disrespect @PJTierney! 😅

None taken 🙂 

I have far more experience on a wheel in DiRT Rally 2.0 than I do F1, so I’m reading all the feedback on driver skill and applying that to go faster in the future.

• Like 5

Any chance we could get a full unedited onboard lap? Would love to crank it up to hear the new engine audio with no music or external camera interruptions

• Agree 1

Sound is dramatically good from the outside! but T-Cam / cockpit is still missing ..... maybe aggressiveness?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

To be fair, guy tell me if i'm being dramatic but I still think the downforce levels need to be improved. Reason I say so is because im assuming that PJ did his lap on time trial right? meaning that despite the set up it was a low fuel run with the fastest tyres. As previously stated, the Lando was doing a 1:17.3 in qualy for the Spanish GP in 2019. Now, I don't that its fair to say based on set up and PJ not playing F1 that often that the car is more than 2 seconds slower. PJ is quite quick from what I saw and if the cars have enough downforce then it should be a little closer to that time if you ask me.

Not in any way trying to be negative or anything but similar to all of you, I just want an authentic experience and don't want to experience the same thing in 2019 where the cars were much slower than real life and because CM thought the change in front wings would lead to dramatic reduces in downforce, which wasn't the case. I'd say that even after the patch that gave the cars more downforce, they still weren't as planted as they should've been.

@BarryBL I know you can't confirm or deny anything about the game but please take the grip and downforce levels into account. Don't want to come across as if i'm ranting. This is just something I'm passionate about.

• Like 1

Nice to see the track being updated, but its still nowhere close to real life: 

I hope this will be addressed and improved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tomi1997 said:

To be fair, guy tell me if i'm being dramatic but I still think the downforce levels need to be improved. Reason I say so is because im assuming that PJ did his lap on time trial right? meaning that despite the set up it was a low fuel run with the fastest tyres. As previously stated, the Lando was doing a 1:17.3 in qualy for the Spanish GP in 2019. Now, I don't that its fair to say based on set up and PJ not playing F1 that often that the car is more than 2 seconds slower. PJ is quite quick from what I saw and if the cars have enough downforce then it should be a little closer to that time if you ask me.

Not in any way trying to be negative or anything but similar to all of you, I just want an authentic experience and don't want to experience the same thing in 2019 where the cars were much slower than real life and because CM thought the change in front wings would lead to dramatic reduces in downforce, which wasn't the case. I'd say that even after the patch that gave the cars more downforce, they still weren't as planted as they should've been.

If I take a look at the times from the qualifying sessions from the Formula 1 Season 2019, I can´t see any track where the track in the F1 2019 game is two seconds slower than in real life.

Yeah, I hope CM update pretty much all kerbs at Catalunya. I wonder why is it so difficult for them to fix it, with all videos of real onboards available. 

• Agree 1

Barcelona last chicane is fixed yeei, don't like the sound though! From the looks of it, handling model is still understeery which is awesome

3 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

you must also fix the curb in turn 11 because it is still too High, even the other curbs do not seem very realistic to me, in 2021 we urgently need the laser scanner of the tracks. For the rest there is still a lot of understeer So much work to do in the beta and one way to go, simulation.

Those words: REALISTIC and SIMULATION🤣

you should know better by now😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, iasonstv said:

Omg bro, please don't emberass poor CM so much! 

here's a new beer!🍻

you sir, are a hero! Having the balls to call out like.... every wrong corner and mistake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iasonstv said:

What do you really think? 🤣

3 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

This video gives me hope that they've removed the Suzuka bump and fixed the Spa chicane elevation as well. 

Let us hope... 🙂

this Norris message should be an additional motivation for Codemasters. So f1 is not a sim? Now let's show you what we are capable of. This is the right spirit and the direction that the official game of F1 should take. please have the drivers test the game. Pes 2020 had the collaboration of Iniesta and has improved a lot, becoming a football simulator. fifa instead has remained the same for 5 years and is much more arcade. Codemasters must not take the easports route but konami

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Yeah, I hope CM update pretty much all kerbs at Catalunya. I wonder why is it so difficult for them to fix it, with all videos of real onboards available. 

I assume dedicated modders with Codemaster's tools for trackmaking would fix all of this - literally all of it - in days, simply by looking at onboard lap footage.

The personell situation in their F1 team must be pretty dire.

1 hour ago, iasonstv said:

If these are only visual discrepancies, and don't affect how the car drives around the track, and instead the team spend their time updating the physical surface of the track itself, the handling of the cars, and maybe even some other much-requested fixes (hey, I can dream, right?) then I can certainly live with some visual things - especially since my eyesight isn't that great, and at 300 kph I'm not paying much attention to the trees and cranes. 🙂

Also, wouldn't it be easier to patch visuals, rather than underlying physics code?  I honestly don't know.  I just figure it would take a lot more time and effort to change the handling, as that is what the game rides on (sorry for the pun), so that should be where they spent their resources over these last few months.  Now they can focus on tweaking the smaller things like missing visuals.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DrDraken said:

If these are only visual discrepancies, and don't affect how the car drives around the track, and instead the team spend their time updating the physical surface of the track itself, the handling of the cars, and maybe even some other much-requested fixes (hey, I can dream, right?) then I can certainly live with some visual things - especially since my eyesight isn't that great, and at 300 kph I'm not paying much attention to the trees and cranes. 🙂

Also, wouldn't it be easier to patch visuals, rather than underlying physics code?  I honestly don't know.  I just figure it would take a lot more time and effort to change the handling, as that is what the game rides on (sorry for the pun), so that should be where they spent their resources over these last few months.  Now they can focus on tweaking the smaller things like missing visuals.

Well, there's different people working on different things. The guys modeling the tracks are usually not the same as those tweaking the handling and physics or audio, so I wouldn't say making these improvements in one area should come at the cost of any other in that regard. Of course the team working on track models might be hard at work correcting the elevations etc, but with all that being done I imagine adding a couple of extra sausage kerbs to match what we see in real life shouldn't be the most time consuming of all.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 2

@BarryBL Looks nice! Have there been any changes to the cockpit view? It somehow looks different to me, in a good way.  Maybe just the camera settings? 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The orange of the car looks a bit flat and dull in the video. The real McLaren colours are brighter this year 

dgdgdfg.jpg

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Well, there's different people working on different things. The guys modeling the tracks are usually not the same as those tweaking the handling and physics or audio, so I wouldn't say making these improvements in one area should come at the cost of any other in that regard. Of course the team working on track models might be hard at work correcting the elevations etc, but with all that being done I imagine adding a couple of extra sausage kerbs to match what we see in real life shouldn't be the most time consuming of all.

Good points.  Now stop bursting my bubble.  🙂  I'm in a lovely dream world where F1 2020 has amazing handling, setup options, AI with a decent amount of "I" and Stewards with correct prescription lenses.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RaceMyZaru said:

I assume dedicated modders with Codemaster's tools for trackmaking would fix all of this - literally all of it - in days, simply by looking at onboard lap footage.

The personell situation in their F1 team must be pretty dire.

Modders' work leads to ban in multiplayer mode. Not a good solution.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, DrDraken said:

Don't you think that the way kerbs are located on track, its shape/elevation is what makes a difference in handling. I strongly believe it is the case. Accurate track model is essential, in my opinion. :classic_smile:

Edited by sergey_blackbird
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, LSKone said:

I, a common pleb, do not see any difference in comparison to F1 2019 (and 2018, really), aside from the McLaren Livery.

Maybe a comparison video to F1 2019 would be cool in this case.

The track looks different compared against from F1 2019 game.. Was some elevation changes and some turns had been improved.. But it was missing the official layout and 1st chicane and turn 13 /14 needs a little improvement.. But we can notice the difference.. By the way seems to me that they fix and made  the official position on the offset TV cam.. Now let s wait hope and pray for a good improvement in Handling 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏