Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1® 2020 | Spain Hotlap

2 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

@BarryBL Looks nice! Have there been any changes to the cockpit view? It somehow looks different to me, in a good way.  Maybe just the camera settings? 

Had noticed that too.. You can adjust After in the options the settings you want to use but yes they are different 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Modders' work leads to ban in multiplayer mode. Not a good solution.

It's not really a solution in the first place considering Codemasters will never give anyone their inhouse tools or even give any specifications for modders to make their own

Edited by RaceMyZaru
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Had noticed that too.. You can adjust After in the options the settings you want to use but yes they are different 

@PJTierney

Also a little curious about the cockpit view. I know on the first video showcasing Zandvoort track you mentioned adjusting the look to apex settings to get the interior replays. Curious to know if what we’re seeing of the Spain video is the default cockpit view (which seems much closer to the wheel than previous F1 games) or if you tweaked more of the settings like the field of view etc. Many thanks 👍

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

@PJTierney

Also a little curious about the cockpit view. I know on the first video showcasing Zandvoort track you mentioned adjusting the look to apex settings to get the interior replays. Curious to know if what we’re seeing of the Spain video is the default cockpit view (which seems much closer to the wheel than previous F1 games) or if you tweaked more of the settings like the field of view etc. Many thanks 👍

Same settings, I had my ones saved from last time.

The T-Cam Offset view is default values, the Cockpit view is adjusted for maximum motion.

I drive in T-Cam, but higher, further back and looking down, like F1 2010.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The T-Cam Offset view is default values, the Cockpit view is adjusted for maximum motion.

BIRD-CAM! You should include it as a preset I'm sure it would be very popular!

(as made famous by PJT in all your favorite track showcases!)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

BIRD-CAM! You should include it as a preset I'm sure it would be very popular!

(as made famous by PJT in all your favorite track showcases!)

😄 

I sank hundreds of hours into F1 2011 back in the day, so I’m used to that angle.

f1-2011-errors-e1577102224125.jpg

Posted (edited)

Regarding cockpit cam, by the looks of it, Lookahead Angle set is at 10-15... I think? To be fair, a default of 4 degrees is quite low. I used to play with 10 degrees. 😄

Edited by mantazzo
  • Like 1

In F1 2019 last year PC had a system where you could move lap time counter, speedometer, number of laps etc around the screen. From what I remember in a forum post I think (not sure) codemasters said it's something were looking into for consoles but it's not guaranteed is there any news on that?   

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Many thanks for the response. Did wonder if the default view might have changed or tweaked but I guess we have plenty of options to customise based on personal preference. For the last 4-5 years I’ve always played the F1 games in cockpit view and can’t seem to be able to adapt back at all when I try switching to T-cam view. 

• Like 1

Wonder if they finally remove micro stuttetirng in cockpit cam. Tires still have that unrealistic shiny stripes which should dissapear in first corner

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, mantazzo said:

Regarding cockpit cam, by the looks of it, Lookahead Angle set is at 10-15... I think? To be fair, a default of 4 degrees is quite low. I used to play with 10 degrees. 😄

I went back to 0 as I felt like the head turning made me had hard time with turning the wheel the right amount... or it could've just been Monaco and its walls and me finding an excuse 😅

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, UP100 said:

Now I'd be nice to get some confirmation on who is 'F1'. FOM or FIA?

Both. FOM is owned and operated by Liberty, they manage the sport's commercial operation including the race contracts and TV rights. FIA are the regulatory body who set the rules and hold the championship. 

FOM have a Concorde Agreement with the teams and the FIA, which expires at the end of 2020.

5 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Both. FOM is owned and operated by Liberty, they manage the sport's commercial operation including the race contracts and TV rights. FIA are the regulatory body who set the rules and hold the championship. 

FOM have a Concorde Agreement with the teams and the FIA, which expires at the end of 2020.

That wasn't what I was looking for. I know what both of them do, I was asking what he meant when he said 'F1' has something 🙂 

Just now, UP100 said:

That wasn't what I was looking for. I know what both of them do, I was asking what he meant when he said 'F1' has something 🙂 

Covid-19?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, UP100 said:

Now I'd be nice to get some confirmation on who is 'F1'. FOM or FIA?

I've gone back to your original comment and I'm still none the wiser. Who is F1? I answered. Both FIA and FOM are F1. It's like saying who is Association Football?

It's FIFA, UEFA, the (English) FA, the Premier League, the English Football League, the teams (and employees like players and staff), the PFA, the PGMOL, the local (regional) FA's, not least the supporters. 

The FIA grant the Grade 1 status, the laser scanning of tracks would be either paid for by the circuit management (directly or indirectly via the inspection certification), but might become the property of the FIA as part of the process or may be made available at a cost directly from the contractor who carried the survey out. Circuit management would do wise to retain the data either way for survey purposes and as a record to monitor track evolution with regard to profile, etc.

The FIA could either control the access rights to the scanning information or it may delegate the rights to access to the F1 Group who then as FOM might view it as commercially useful (maybe even selling it back to the circuit owners or to say, games developers....)

Someone at Codemasters will know. It might even be economically feasible to hire their own survey team, provided clearance (might be permission, might be a fee) is obtained from the circuit owner / operator.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, PJTierney said:

After Zandvoort I reviewed my approach to turning and wasn't as aggressive on the wheel 🙂 

Subsequently (ie: after this video was captured) I recalibrated my wheel and took Fanatec's recommended F1 2019 settings (and turned on Understeer Enhance as the wheel going light helps identify too much lock). Feels better now.

Yes, your inputs were much more precise and smooth in the Spain Hotlap video, great improvement.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, PJTierney said:

Very nearly flat out, only the slightest of lifts for a brief moment. With a bit more bravery and the right setup that's easy flat.

That sounds fantastic. 2020 cars are the fastest in F1 history. Only had experienced 2020 mods on RFactor / Assetto Corsa til now, can't wait to see the official version.

• Agree 1

On 5/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, iasonstv said:

Nice to see the track being updated, but its still nowhere close to real life: 

I hope this will be addressed and improved.

2020 Winter Testing, with Lando Norris.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mantazzo said:

Look To Apex, imo it needs to have greater values to choose from, for a more realistic and immersive experience: 0° - 45° would be perfect.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Neomo said:

Wonder if they finally remove micro stuttetirng in cockpit cam. Tires still have that unrealistic shiny stripes which should dissapear in first corner

T-Cam also had that annoying microstutter in the past couple of games. There should be a option to fully turn it off (value 0?).

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight

I also notice in the cockpit view around 0:36 there is difficulty seeing the rumble strips ahead.  An unrestricted cockpit view of the curbs ahead is sine qua non and I hope this issue is corrected for all cars on all tracks before the game is released! Thanks in advance!  

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

I also notice in the cockpit view around 0:36 there is difficulty seeing the rumble strips ahead.  An unrestricted cockpit view of the curbs ahead is sine qua non and I hope this issue is corrected for all cars on all tracks before the game is released! Thanks in advance!  

Pretty sure the cockpit view in the video for Spain and Zandvoort have been tweaked from the default  (which I’m imagining will be closer to the cockpit view we’ve seen in previous F1 games) to appear closer to the wheel and have more extreme “look to apex” setting to look more dramatic for the videos.  All the settings will be able to be tweaked as with previous F1 games dependent on the players tastes. 

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Will we be seeing hotlaps from every team? I'd like to see a hotlap from one of the ferrari and mercedes powered cars

• Agree 1

Watched the virtual GP there today. Good race, kind of. Some rather disrespectful ahem sneaky corner cutting going on my the leaders. Not my new fave, Alex Albon, He raced solely in COCKPIT wheras everyone else used T-CAM and he raced cleanly the whole race. He would have won even with the cheating if not for an awful tire strategy. OF course this is the F1 2019 version not the new one, I'm hoping the track limits are fixed for 2020 though as the pros pointed out that on the final chicane you could cut the right turn by basically driving straight over it.  They wondered why in qualifying the rules were STRICT but changed to NORMAL for the race so this cheating could take place. I'm sure there is video up now where you can see this going on.

Once again respect to Alex, he's a sport for sure and also has the pace.