Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 telemetry to multiple apps

We use XSimulator Simtools for our motion simulator. This software receives his data from F1 2019 telemetry via UDP (Legacy mode).

We want to  use also the same data for feeding the Simhub dashboard. Simhub allows you to retransmit the UDP data. But Simhub needs the F1 2019 data in 2019 format and Simtools in Legacy format.

Any other way to get this working?

On 5/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, LuckenAVL said:

We use XSimulator Simtools for our motion simulator. This software receives his data from F1 2019 telemetry via UDP (Legacy mode).

We want to  use also the same data for feeding the Simhub dashboard. Simhub allows you to retransmit the UDP data. But Simhub needs the F1 2019 data in 2019 format and Simtools in Legacy format.

Any other way to get this working?

Well, I don't think there is such a tool around.

It requires bit extra work to get the F1 2019's multi-packet data into the legacy mode's single packet format (2017 data). As you are using XSimulator, I guess you only need the motion data in the legacy feed.

I know I could do something like that with my tool. I could add an option to the data directs to forward the data in different format, where one option would be 2017, the legacy feed. And it could then be used for for future games too, possibly.

So when you say We, what do you mean? 2 people, 10 people or something else?

Cheers.

I had the same problem. There are such tools to forward data from one port to another, but often they are not very cheap.

But there is a Software called "SIM Dashboard" by stryder-it. This software is like SimHub. You can display telemetry on your phone by using the "Server" on your PC and the Android App on your phone.
The PC-Software also have a possibilty to forward UDP telemetry to other ports. This can looks like:
image.png.b75dd8cbb2509af7488c43aa32822248.png

For me the SIM Dasboard Software is only installed because of that feature. For Telemetry Data on Phone i use also SimHub. I hope this helps 😉

On 5/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, LonelyRacer said:

So when you say We, what do you mean? 2 people, 10 people or something else?

We is 2 people. Should get an app that reads 2019 format and forward in Legacy format or the other way arround.

What OP means is if he can send Legacy as well as 2019 udp data through, at the same time but that isn't possible