Sign in to follow this  

F1 career 2019 on F1 2020?

Hi, will current career on F1 2019 be lost, or will it be possible to move it to F1 2020?

Posted (edited)

I don't think this is possible 😕 **With the current info we have

Edited by UP100

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure this will never be possible, considering the fact in 2019 for example you have hulkenberg on the grid, who is completely not in the new game, so I guess this will never become possible

Edited by IERLM4RCC

would be cool at least to take your driver to a new game...to keep working with the stats you buildt up during a year

37 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

would be cool at least to take your driver to a new game...to keep working with the stats you buildt up during a year

That would be pretty cool

Yeah, would be great. But I make this manually, as I said in other post, I started new career and now I must to finish in 66 days until F1 2020 comes up.

And which team I finish will be a team that I will start 2020.

I agree that you can't migrate everything because the new season has different teams, but there is something to save. For example, it is a pity to lose all the driver's historical statistics such as the victories obtained, the kilometers traveled, the laps completed, etc. Even all the developments of the car, if you remain within the same team, it is absurd to lose them. I do not find it correct that everything related to the experience of the virtual pilot or the team, is totally reset to start again from scratch. I would be happier if they made a version of the game as an update to the current one, and therefore keep what is possible.

• Agree 2

Yes it does feel kinda weird to do a new ten year career EVERY year whenever a new game comes out with no continuation. That's the yearly cycle release model though. Everything is disposable. Continuation would severely limit Codies' available options for developing improvements though so it's totally understandable.

19 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Yes it does feel kinda weird to do a new ten year career EVERY year whenever a new game comes out with no continuation. That's the yearly cycle release model though. Everything is disposable. Continuation would severely limit Codies' available options for developing improvements though so it's totally understandable.

Yes, but wouldn't it be great to see the car models change with each season instead of this 'generic' 10 year career?

So you could buy a base game with it's usual 10yr career, but then each year, you could also buy an optional DLC of car model/driver list/tracks/performance/rule changes for that year, as an optional addon, building up into a more varied 10 year career that you could go back and play from the beginning any time you want. This is what I believe Codemasters should be looking at.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Morsify said:

Yes, but wouldn't it be great to see the car models change with each season instead of this 'generic' 10 year career?

So you could buy a base game with it's usual 10yr career, but then each year, you could also buy an optional DLC of car model/driver list/tracks/performance/rule changes for that year, as an optional addon, building up into a more varied 10 year career that you could go back and play from the beginning any time you want. This is what I believe Codemasters should be looking at.

Well yes it definitely would be preferable even if it were make believe changes. I've said before I'd love a game with a ten year career which actually ENDED in the latest season. That way we'd be racing real classic cars and tracks building our skills and experience until we reach present day for the ultimate final season. Then each year's game we'd move forward another year keeping your stats, or restart a new 10 year career if we preferred but obviously starting 1 year later than in the last game. I think that would be a mind blowing game but admittedly would require a ton of asset licenses and probably more resources than Codies have allocated currently for the game. Plus of course you could still just do the latest season as a one off championship OR start a new career in the the old way.

So 2 x 10 year careers to choose from :

Historical career starting in 2011

Or

Traditional career starting present day.

😎

Edited by sloppysmusic