Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dropping from 100% to 50% Races

Its a pants interview system 2010 was much better 9 years before.

Really enjoyed the first two games after 2011 it got a bit meh just 'updates' rather than new games and thats sadly continued.

2014 was a ridicilous releasem 2015 was an empty game 2016 was what 2015 should have been.

Qualified 6th somehow (again my fav track) so will do the 35 lap racecin the morning.

Be weird starting the race with a half filled car rather than full fuel but if I can enjoy it then I might actually get a few seasons in and a good practice for esports.

Im already iffy about it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, s00zster said:

Actually just starting a new save with the same plan, but because quali will also be my practice, I'm going to have to disable Parc Ferme rules so I've got room manage the car's setup.

But you're right about practice programs, they're more about immersion for the "life of a driver" side of things, same with the interviews - I 'm not bothered about either (wish I could disable the interviews too), I prefer to use my imagination as to what's going on behind the scenes.

I started doing that based on few things. The full distance user is usually plug and play and doesn't need a lot of practice. I literally can go with one shot and get a decent lap right away. The way you learn the tracks racing the full distance is unbelievable. With full qualify you have enough time to get ready. Usually I do 1-2 runs per session and never skip out and in laps, so it's a total of 12-18 laps if you reach Q3. More than enough to be ready for the race, considering that as sloppy said with 100% you usually find your best pace as the race goes on. Qualify is less decisive too.

Parc ferme i used to have it on. It's the only option that I currently use that is not "realistic".

The fact is that you have your setups already and they could require a couple of small tweaks here and there. This habit came from GP mode. Never used the Racing Point until 2 weeks ago. Loaded my setup and find out that the car felt bad and I had to adjust things but I couldn't. Even in career mode with upgrades the setup may require adjustments that are so small that losing time in a practice session doesn't make sense.

A full gp takes 2 hours. With many tracks you can stay even under 2 hours if you use the return to garage option or go to flying lap.

I record every race and my average lenght is around 2 hours and 5/15 minutes.

Practice programs and parc ferme off are part of the compromise to maximize playing time...

Edited by sirio994
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:04 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Since I went from 25 to 100 % I cannot imagine going back. My argument is that there is so much more strategy involved in the full race and more ways to change result around yet I still spent the exact amount of time racing. At first there is the excitement of different venues and advancing career fast but once you've seen all the tracks and then have to do them all again over and over I prefer just to relax and get involved in own race more. As long as I can do one race a day, usually practice and Qualy then a break then fresh for the race I'm fine. Comes down to if I'm enjoying myself I don't want it to stop! I saw the interlagos esport race and tbh I wish it had been full length. It flew by and kept me fascinated start to finish.

It's also way easier imo to not get caught out by tire issues, takes quite a few laps of degradation before I have to pit so I can choose a good time to box.

Now if it's raining the whole race that's different! I hate the rain.... 🏎️😂

Same here. I reckon some don't like it as it requires a lot of mental concentration. Something some people don't really want to do. I love racing around Monaco in the wet or Singapore in a late eighties car as it's a real challenge like cycling 26 miles as I call around the block.         

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Same here. I reckon some don't like it as it requires a lot of mental concentration. Something some people don't really want to do. I love racing around Monaco in the wet or Singapore in a late eighties car as it's a real challenge like cycling 26 miles as I call around the block.         

They might THINK it needs more concentration but i find it strangely relaxing with the race more spread out. You have way more time to react to events on track, choose pit stops, pass people ahead of you. Its not some crazy rush where you have seconds to make a decision. The same way a long cycle ride is more relaxing than stressful like a short sprint would be. I will have to call on that old faithful SIZE matters, or in this case LENGTH!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

They might THINK it needs more concentration but i find it strangely relaxing with the race more spread out. You have way more time to react to events on track, choose pit stops, pass people ahead of you. Its not some crazy rush where you have seconds to make a decision. The same way a long cycle ride is more relaxing than stressful like a short sprint would be. I will have to call on that old faithful SIZE matters, or in this case LENGTH!

Exacly. It is more relaxing. The nature of the race changes the mindset. You can wait for the right opportunity to pass without forcing a move that could cost you the race. If you start at the back with a strong car you can work your way up the field without having to do a crazy first lap. Plus the majority of my races ends without pressure in a position where the car in front is faster and the car behind is slower. No trains to overachive with small teams and no dive bombing. Against the AI it changes everything. 100% users have less problems with the AI being too aggressive cause they wait for the right opportunity and they pass cleanly....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do parts wear twice as fast only doing miminal practice and my parts have worn loads

Well where do I start first 50% race and my god what is this? 

Race started off fine I lost a few positions to the faster racing points and albon and settled in 8th as albon past me we nudged he had bags of room as he was faster but I had a 5 second penalty for this which after my pitstop sent me to the back of the field. Looks like alot of the guys started on mediums so got a right que infront of me looks like 7 cars in front if me managed to pick off riccardo and ghastly before pitting for new mediums figured I could undercut a bunch of these cars on my outlap safety car as norris has stopped on almost at put entry.

Bunch of cars pit so Ive lost out here and Im at the back of the grid again I got a 5 seconds penalty for corner cutting under the safety car (***) and my wing had damage i presume from a curb? Anyway its a free stop to repair so i go in to get a new wing. And my team decide to throw off my new medims and put my previously worn mediuns on that had 14 laps out of them! Why oh why? Anyway we still have a penalty to serve safety car gets going and a bunch of cars pit (why as soon as the SC goes in I do not know)

The williams despite being mega slow are somehow 9th and 10th and I get past them with a lap to go but end up dropping back due to the 5 second penalty and end up just outside the points.

6 cars have 5 second penalties applied after the race so kimi ends up with a point.

Conclusion absolute *****!

Safety takes way too long to go in cars 2 stopped when they could have one stopped this race had bugs and silly decisions all over it and it felt like the race never go going.

Positives were it only took 46 minutes but god was that the most bug filled silliest race I have had on 2019 so far.

Posted (edited)

Think my main gripe was that none of the cars got to stretch there legs before a pitstop do AI always 2 stop these half races.

If it was a one stop it would atleast give cars a change to basically be where they should be.

Having to pit on lap 8 starting on softs seemed so early (why lap 8 ask jeff) and 13 laps on the mediums was easy plenty of tyres left.

France next softs last 9 laps hards last 19 laps 27 lap race

Surely a one stop?

Edit just a though SPA will only be 22 laps 😕

Edited by AdamFreeman

8 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Well where do I start first 50% race and my god what is this

We told you! Don't say we didn't!

🙄🤣

Tire wear is silly when speeded up . I had a race plan once that gave me a pit window between lap 2 and 4. Never again I tells ya!

😣

It was a very buggy race giving france a go (hate the track) at 50% just to make sure but i can only assume 100% is the way to go. The grid was way too mixed up at times poor album finishing behind kubica 😂

I am sure the track doesn't get faster until P3 at beginning of P3 I always get the track is green message yet its hard 100s of laps over it from P1 & P2?

France was just as bad it was set and the track with its run offs was really hard to see at the start. Again the safety car ruined this race as it made everyones strategy mess up 6 laps in. 

That and I got a ten second time penalty for going wide (in the wet) under safety in the turn before the DRS its usually flat out but how I gained and unfair advantage when I am following a delta I will never know. Id also took this line every lap of the race I will post a pick when I get on my PC I screen shotted it.

Race was ruined at this point as when I pitted for inters 20 laps in it was a long 10 seconds before the mechanics could work on the car.

The AI just have bizzare strategies it was dry at the end with a lap to go Leclerc gave up 3rd place to pit for softs while everyone stayedcon inters.

He came 9th I came 17th beating only the williams on the track with the penalty.

Last 2 races have put my rep right down and my new contract says I must qualify in 9th and finish 10th despite having the 2nd worse car!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the updates on your season. It makes interesting reading! I definitely get the feeling that I've been there done that when hearing of your woes! 😉

On 5/9/2020 at 7:19 AM, s00zster said:

Actually just starting a new save with the same plan, but because quali will also be my practice, I'm going to have to disable Parc Ferme rules so I've got room manage the car's setup.

But you're right about practice programs, they're more about immersion for the "life of a driver" side of things, same with the interviews - I 'm not bothered about either (wish I could disable the interviews too), I prefer to use my imagination as to what's going on behind the scenes.

Perhaps you would like championship mode? That's what I'm going to do when I've finished with my first season in career mode in F12017 (just 5 races to go). In fact my intention is to do the following in Championship mode in F12019- F2 2018 season (have completed the first race at Bahrain), F2 2019 season, F1 2019 season and maybe a Classic F1 Cars custom season.

As for race distance I'm at 50% and will probably stick with that because I'm already spending 3-4 hours per Grand Prix weekend (including watching the replay which I will NEVER stop doing, I absolutely love watching my replays in racing games!). Im sure I will dabble with 100% occasionally thanks to some of the previous comments recommending it.

All I will say is that I do the practices on half now and enjoy a 100% race AI are not smart enough to use half races the lead cars pit and get stuck in traffic and you get weird results. 

Half practices gives me abit of time back and still a full f1 race so its a good middle ground for me but thecraces have to be 100%

I wanted 50% for esport practise but its just not the same.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chen255 said:

Perhaps you would like championship mode? That's what I'm going to do when I've finished with my first season in career mode in F12017 (just 5 races to go). In fact my intention is to do the following in Championship mode in F12019- F2 2018 season (have completed the first race at Bahrain), F2 2019 season, F1 2019 season and maybe a Classic F1 Cars custom season.

Nah, because you can't improve the car, there are no driver transfers, etc. I only dislike the interviews because they are repetitive.. Same with the practice programs, once you've done them and had the experience, it takes up too much time. Plus simulating the practice sessions helps keep a more realistic pace with the other teams. When I was grinding the practice sessions on a previous save, I managed to get Williams from bottom to regular points finishers by mid season.

Career mode is all I play the game for.

• Thanks 1