The future of Grid

I'd like to know the intentions of CM regarding the future of Grid. After season 3 what's the next step, if there will be a next step? Will they provide new DLC? Will they improve the multiplayer Mode.  Those who played first Grid and Autosport years ago know very well what i mean, events and time attack ranking and more stuff every week.  I hope someone have information about the future of this funny game.

I doubt it. What's wrong with multiplayer? I think it's better than previous versions as hosts can choose to use any car on any track. As a result we don't have a lot of races on reverse tracks. Real life tracks just don't work in reverse. We could do with some sort of system for dealing with bad drivers who hit others. Like in Autosport for example! Why has that not been included?

what's wrong with multiplayer?

For me the fact that there is a host in the first place, as I said before the original grid have the best MP setup from them all.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I'd rather have freedom to choose cars and tracks than be stuck with fixed events. With Autosport especially, people stopped playing because CM stopped updating the car/track rotations and it got really boring. Hopefully GRID 2019 will have a better lifespan.

And that's why they need to go back to how the original grid MP setup works.

No updates needed for a playlist with cheatmode, and no host needed.

• Agree 1

On 5/9/2020 at 1:31 PM, Crumplezone99 said:

With Autosport especially, people stopped playing because CM stopped updating the car/track rotations and it got really boring.

....or maybe they stopped because they all upgraded there consoles to XB1 and couldn't play Autosport on that console. But yes, having the freedom to choose your own car/tracks is infinitely better than playlists.

We didn't get Autosport on current gen but got this pile of **** instead. As for updates thats it. No more content. 

From the latest Codies Racing Line :  "That’s all we have to share for now." Is there hope for more later. Maybe some DLC?

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

From the latest Codies Racing Line :  "That’s all we have to share for now." Is there hope for more later. Maybe some DLC?

#ManageYourExpectations 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Dirt 2 will go down as one of my best online racing games. It just worked perfect in that game. Since then I struggle to find a good online racing game. Forza 7 not bad as it tried to prevent the kids from spoiling every single race. Every racing game online feels like wreckfest.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:55 AM, madcowie said:

Dirt 2 will go down as one of my best online racing games. It just worked perfect in that game. Since then I struggle to find a good online racing game. Forza 7 not bad as it tried to prevent the kids from spoiling every single race. Every racing game online feels like wreckfest.

I don't understand why GRID 2019 didn't have the driver rating system from Autosport to pick out rammers, crashers and bad drivers. Actually I do understand it. It's because obviously none of the development team had ever played or even seen any of the previous GRID games.

• Agree 3

On 5/20/2020 at 4:30 PM, Crumplezone99 said:

I don't understand why GRID 2019 didn't have the driver rating system from Autosport to pick out rammers, crashers and bad drivers. Actually I do understand it. It's because obviously none of the development team had ever played or even seen any of the previous GRID games.

Because it promoted elitism in lobbies. Because you could be penalised for something that wasn't your fault. Because you could set up a lobby to artificially lower your 'bad boy' tag. Because you could just cruise around at the back of the pack to gain better rep. Because if you happened to fall victim to kiddie racers and rammers then quit to join a different lobby you were generally chastised due to your poor rep level.

It was a shocking system that basically didn't work.

On 5/22/2020 at 3:54 AM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Because it promoted elitism in lobbies. Because you could be penalised for something that wasn't your fault. Because you could set up a lobby to artificially lower your 'bad boy' tag. Because you could just cruise around at the back of the pack to gain better rep. Because if you happened to fall victim to kiddie racers and rammers then quit to join a different lobby you were generally chastised due to your poor rep level.

It was a shocking system that basically didn't work.

I remember it being OK. Most people didn't bother trying to manipulate their rating. People with bad ratings were dirty drivers and vice versa. An undeserved bad rating was soon lost.

All racing games should have some sort of system for dealing with rammers though. Whether it be ratings or time penalties. It's not hard to do.

13 hours ago, Crumplezone99 said:

All racing games should have some sort of system for dealing with rammers though. Whether it be ratings or time penalties. It's not hard to do.

I agree with you to a certain degree (where obvious griefers are concerned) but the problem is that unlike the super-sim racers where rules are part and parcel of playing those kind of games Grid is a throwaway title that caters for a much broader audience and therefore has a second element that most tend to overlook. Driver x might not necessarily be an intentional rammer or a bad driver, he/she may just as easilly be a person with learning difficulties, somebody with a physical disability or even a younger gamer without the etiquette of adult gamers and in an age of equality you simply cannot start dishing out 'bad driver' tags or punishing people because you assume they're doing it on purpose.

Besides which, most games cater for those who may feel offended by the actions of others (by means of private lobbies) and where XBox is concerned all games give the option for like-minded gamers to socially interact (via the clubs), so with everyone already having the means to play in an environment they feel comfortable in there's absolutely no need to start implementing systems that will always be fundamentally flawed.

• Agree 1

The last hope for this game now is the Racing line update blog this Thursday. If theres no mention of content in that then theyve offically given up. 

Posted (edited)

The future of this game is called Proyect Cars 3.

I've been saying this for months, and today, it was announced... I mean, isn't it funny than just a month or so after Grid's last DLC gets released, they announce PC3 outta nowhere? Also, the announcement of said game comes with much requested community features, that were largely requested (and misteriously missing) for Grid but never came... isn't that curious too?

I don't know guys, as I said, I was calling this for months. Grid 2019 was either rushed when Codemasters and Slightly Mad studios merged (because they were already working on PC3, it was well known), or either Grid was released as a quick, low budget product just to cover a six month to a year gap in which CM had nothing (they had Dirt Rally 2.0 GOTY, which was a year old game by that time). It is quite curious for me that both games seem to be identical (for what was shown today for PC3) in terms of gameplay and accesibility. And it is obvious that both games could not coexist or compete with each other.

And yes, I'm aware that Bandai Namco publishes PC3 (at least in Europe) but still Slightly Mad studios makes it, and SM is CM now. The Bandai Namco thing is probably an old agreement because of past secuels. 

Edit: I just learned that PC3 has streets circuits... and guess what? Two of the confirmed locations are Shanghai and... HAVANA!! Like, COME ON!!! It's dead obvious by now!

Edited by Leocp
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, lastbreath said:

I like PC3 trailers but car swinging kills me

I was reading an article that suggests gamers are concerned that this is going to end up more like Forza than Project Cars. I've also been told that the game allows "car upgrades" (Forza style, I don't know) which from a simulation perspective is pretty tragic because the whole point of PC2 was to take a stock/factory car, tune it, practice with it and make it your own.

The other thing is, Codemasters are keen to point out that there are 13 new locations coming to PC3 but never mention total location counts or circuits that have been dropped from PC2's very impressive roster.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

36 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Codemasters are keen to point out that there are 13 new locations coming to PC3

so...

Memorial Run
Marine Gate
Columbus Bay
Cathedral Pass
Fountain Loop
High Street 

😜

• Haha 1

Pcars 3 will have 140 tracks in total , Pcars 2 had exactly the same number with 60 locations in total so i expect 60 locations for Pcars 3 too..

Posted (edited)

After watching the PC3 early beta video from what i can tell this game has the same FOV on the outside of the cars as grid 2019.

The handling "seems" very much the same as grid 2019.

i can't fault the visuals since it Does say "early beta" so i'am not sure what to think,

it sounds like toca race driver, handling looks like greed 2019 & the good turns stuff seems like forza motorsport.

i'am sure there's stuff in here that's like "shift" but can't tell from this video.

SMS has made games i really liked but i'am not going to get hyped about this game just yet.

i wonder how big of a DLC fest pc3 is going to be, the original PC had a tonne.

Also PC3 isn't being made for ps5 & xsx so i wonder if buying it on xb1 & ps4 will give you a free upgrade on the newer consoles later.

Makes me wonder if the PC version is going to be gimped because of the consoles.

Edited by OugaBooga
added

crumplezone99 wrote

doubt it. What's wrong with multiplayer? I think it's better than previous versions as hosts can choose to use any car on any track. As a result we don't have a lot of races on reverse tracks. Real life tracks just don't work in reverse. We could do with some sort of system for dealing with bad drivers who hit others. Like in Autosport for example! Why has that not been included? 

If you ask " what's wrong with multiplayer" means that you don't know the first Grid and Grid autosport multiplayer mode.

At this point I think CM will not do anything else in the future regarding Grid, even because on June 23 Assetto corsa competizione release. In July F1 2020, in September or October project cars 3, in October Dirty 5 and before the end of year the new Ride.

•  

You could use any car on any track on autosport couldn't you?  could also tune your car between races for different track types.

2019 on release there wasn't even public lobbies, if you wanted to race with others you had join random with AI

Posted (edited)

Well now codemasters have accrued SMS and bought only the rights to project cars2 there should be absolutely no excuse. 

I just hate buying a Racing game that was touted for the casual sim racer where you have to buy the cars.

Still I turned on grid 2019 and what's with the constant rain in seasons 1 ,2 ,3.

A anyway I did enjoy Racing for couple of hours in career mode but MULTIPLAYER is wasted. 

No pits .  No tyres. 

Shame because after all the hard work put in with updates and added seasons it could be a decent game. 

But it's not a serious MULTIPLAYER Racing game. 

I remember couple of weeks ago Mr Genius Ian Bell used the identical quote for pcars3 that was used for Grid 2019.

I dont subscribe to stroking anyone's ego but codemasters do need desperately to use ian bell's tyre physics model for all there Racing games. 

Those who really do understand what sim Racing is all about know what I mean. 

.I am curious as where pcars3 will be on what forum. 

Will there be any more seasons or updates for grid 2019.

I hope so

But what's with the weird stretched out cars in pcars3. 

I've asked ian and nathan who are normally talkative but like most only answer questions which they want to answer. 

My friends say open a brand new account and dont add anything to the forum. 

I asked why do I want to do that.

There reply was it's a secret. 

I have no idea 🤥

Edited by senna94f1