The future of Grid

55 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

I remember couple of weeks ago Mr Genius Ian Bell used the identical quote for pcars3 that was used for Grid 2019.

I dont subscribe to stroking anyone's ego but codemasters do need desperately to use ian bell's tyre physics model for all there Racing games. 

Those who really do understand what sim Racing is all about know what I mean. 

It's hard to tell but from the gameplay video it looks like there are cones across the entrances to the pits (like they're closed off or something) so if they're unused then there's absolutely no point having any tyre physics model at all. Again, if it is the case that the pit lanes are closed then how exactly are you supposed to repair your car or even change tyres during a dynamic weather race?

You just can't help but feel that after the massive downturn in revenue from PC1 to PC2 (which considering the circumstances surrounding the whole Project CARS thing probably had nothing to do with lack of interest for the sequel) that SMS or Codemasters have decided to dumb things down for a more mass market appeal. When you look at the video and see cars effortlessly powersliding round corners, 16 car races over 2 laps and general onscreen stuff it is a little sad that the powers that be have seen fit to butcher PC2 and remove one of the few simulation franchises on consoles for the sake of creating yet another arcade/simcade racer to satisfy the 'throwaway' casual audience.

I don't care anyway because there's always a silver lining to every cloud and with ACC looking like the real deal it's not all doom and gloom for those who are fed up with being spoonfed overpriced/underwhelming Forza-esque games and simply crave something a little more challenging. Plus, studios associated with Bell (Simbin, SMS) don't seem to have particularly long shelf lives so there is a potential light at the end of this very long and dark tunnel.

• Agree 1

I agree totally. 

The problem is codemasters and some of there staff. 

I've seen it on here and its blatantly obvious if you dont stroke there egos then your black listed. 

It's sad to see adults behaving in a undignified manner against customers and people who take time out and post and create leagues to help sell there games and in turn keep the same people in jobs.

They seem to prefer gullible teenagers rather then intelligent people   

We live in a land where its good to disagree. 

It's where ideas come from. 

Like I say if you don't agree with certain people on here they black list you and get others around them to do the same. 

My god just look at f12020 beta and some of the sarcastic comments towards people who actually care and want to help . Then look at the praise given to people who have brand new account and made 2 or 3 posts   .

These seems to be the new customers that codemasters want. 

I find it small minded and shows people's intelligence and caring attitude towards others   

Alls good  .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What year are these answers? lol

Hahahahaha . . . I came here in 2008 when Grid 1 hit the headlines and it seems that all the problems we had with Codemasters back then and over the years are still here ;(

I was in on the ground floor with PC1 and reaped the financial benefits but it wouldn't matter how good PC2 was it would never be able to compete. Just like with Grid, an original one off is just that. Number 2 is not 'original'.

In everything people are looking for that buzz of the new not the no buzz of the repeat.

Good to see that Codemasters is still churning them out because where there is life there is hope 😉

Edited by CaptainJack
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

What year are these answers? lol

Hahahahaha . . . I came here in 2008 when Grid 1 hit the headlines and it seems that all the problems we had with Codemasters back then and over the years are still here ;(

Hahaha yeah it didn't changed much has it.   :classic_biggrin:

How you doing m8, hope your doing wel.  

yeah doing good, still healthy so no complains here.

Still playing games (everything but grid2019) every evening as usual.  :classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

yeah doing good, still healthy so no complains here.

Still playing games (everything but grid2019) every evening as usual.  :classic_biggrin:

Sorry about the delay in replying I had some urgent grass cutting long overdue.

I didn't know there was a Grid 2019 . . . have to check on that one.

I was just doodling around and thought I'd check out Codemasters as I haven't been back there for years.

A while back I did notice you had a group on Steam but not a lot of action.

Why close down your site?

I play Warframe on a regular basis and at the moment am chasing level 25.

Oh! Conqueror's Blade gets some air time.

Main game is RDR2 PC Online where I'm up to level 96.

I was always hoping for that game to come to PC so didn't hold back when it did. I can now sit in a saloon and play poker. Although I also make moonshine, chase bounties, and go collecting.

Are you still racing with Johan, Carlos and Wolf?

Edited by CaptainJack

10 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Sorry about the delay in replying I had some urgent grass cutting long overdue.

I didn't know there was a Grid 2019 . . . have to check on that one.

I was just doodling around and thought I'd check out Codemasters as I haven't been back there for years.

A while back I did notice you had a group on Steam but not a lot of action.

Why close down your site?

I play Warframe on a regular basis and at the moment am chasing level 25.

Main game is RDR2 PC Online where I'm up to level 96.

I was always hoping for that game to come to PC so didn't hold back when it did. I can now sit in a saloon and play poker. Although I also make moonshine, chase bounties, and go collecting.

Are you still racing with Johan, Carlos and Wolf?

Oh no problem m8, it is good weather to cut the grass. 

About Grid2019, you should be able to get a copy cheap.

Still dont have the things we been asking for from grid2, online is almost dead and really boring.

It misses all the good players we played with in original grid for example, the only few online races i did was filled with mostly rammers.

At start we could only play playlist with cheatmode aka flashbacks filled with AI so that drove most away I think if they even had any intrest in it after all previous fiasco's.

SP is just a bunch races put together wich dont really give any intrest for me to complete it, only possitive thing in my view is handling of most cars not all tho.

About the steam group I made that years ago and it never took of, never bother to close it down. 

I closed the site cause it was hacked and they added code (according an online website scanner) wich I couldn't find so couldn't remove it.

And with so few active members it wasn't worth it to want to pay a service to do it for me and get protection from them.

So only option was to close it, i didn't delete it, and make it alive any moment if I desire, wich I won't atm.   lol

My main game is destiny2 atm and rdr2 is second but played mostly SP (finished it 3x ) and just started to play it online and I am level 21 atm.

Like you i was hoping it was comming to the pc aswell so got about 560 hours in it.  :classic_biggrin:

And in the weekend during the day I play F1 or another racegame.

Wolf plays other games then me atm Johan only joins once in awhile. so I play mostly destiny or rdr2 with Carlos.

Hope we meet on the poker table soon.   🙂

11 minutes ago, Assiemodis said:

Oh no problem m8, it is good weather to cut the grass. 

About Grid2019, you should be able to get a copy cheap.

Still dont have the things we been asking for from grid2, online is almost dead and really boring.

It misses all the good players we played with in original grid for example, the only few online races i did was filled with mostly rammers.

At start we could only play playlist with cheatmode aka flashbacks filled with AI so that drove most away I think if they even had any intrest in it after all previous fiasco's.

SP is just a bunch races put together wich dont really give any intrest for me to complete it, only possitive thing in my view is handling of most cars not all tho.

About the steam group I made that years ago and it never took of, never bother to close it down. 

I closed the site cause it was hacked and they added code (according an online website scanner) wich I couldn't find so couldn't remove it.

And with so few active members it wasn't worth it to want to pay a service to do it for me and get protection from them.

So only option was to close it, i didn't delete it, and make it alive any moment if I desire, wich I won't atm.   lol

My main game is destiny2 atm and rdr2 is second but played mostly SP (finished it 3x ) and just started to play it online and I am level 21 atm.

Like you i was hoping it was comming to the pc aswell so got about 560 hours in it.  :classic_biggrin:

And in the weekend during the day I play F1 or another racegame.

Wolf plays other games then me atm Johan only joins once in awhile. so I play mostly destiny or rdr2 with Carlos.

Hope we meet on the poker table soon.   🙂

I checked out Grid 2019 and as you say the handling is the best point.

Rockstar have been clever with RDR2 to avoid the trolling by not allowing text but even though the voice aspect works well most people are only interested in solo playing even online. I have recently got the prison wagon and for a while have been practising running a posse so can see that I rteally do need to use voice more now that I have the wagon to catch 6 at a time.

My tag in the game is Senor-Fredo-Lz and if we could link up sometime you can make money off of my moonshine deliveries. I have worked out a doosey of a method for successfully delivering moonshine although if it catches on Rockstar might do something about it. Never fire a shot. If you have a posse riding with you tell them not to fire a shot but better still deliver on your own. The moment you start firing the agents come at you in ever increasing streams. Don't fire and after a few deliveries they are waving you through without a shot being fired and even if some do start firing just gallop on through to the destination.

We could have a real hoot at the poker if we go in on voice chat.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:50 PM, senna94f1 said:

They seem to prefer gullible teenagers rather then intelligent people   

Unfortunately this is where the target audience will always be - which understandable because developers and studios still need to make a living, but with the likes of Forza Horizon, FMS, GTS, Grid, WRC, NFS, F1 and Dirt already in the mix do we really need another arcade/simcade racer adding to that pile? People tend to forget that PC1 sold 1m copies in the blink of an eye *as a supposed niche simulation* but despite that fact you still can't help but feel a certain air of inevitably with PC3 and the Codemasters influenced direction it has taken.  

On a positive note, if you can live with 30fps and a lack of private lobbies (they will come in a later update) then providing you have a wheel ACC (on X1X) is the real deal and the emphasis on being rewarded for driving carefully and correctly (instead of gung-ho wreckless barge fest driving) is a clever strategy in trying to encourage some of the casual racers to take sim racing a little more seriously..  Top marks to Kunos/505 for (a) Releasing the game at a very sensible price and (b) maintaining the core simulation mechanics of the PC version for us console gamers. It's good to see that not everyone feels the need to sell their soul for a £74.95 deluxe edition and a few preorder trinkets so here's hoping people recognise that fact and the game grows into the worthy simulation that console gamers deserve.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Unfortunately this is where the target audience will always be - which understandable because developers and studios still need to make a living, but with the likes of Forza Horizon, FMS, GTS, Grid, WRC, NFS, F1 and Dirt already in the mix do we really need another arcade/simcade racer adding to that pile? People tend to forget that PC1 sold 1m copies in the blink of an eye *as a supposed niche simulation* but despite that fact you still can't help but feel a certain air of inevitably with PC3 and the Codemasters influenced direction it has taken.  

On a positive note, if you can live with 30fps and a lack of private lobbies (they will come in a later update) then providing you have a wheel ACC (on X1X) is the real deal and the emphasis on being rewarded for driving carefully and correctly (instead of gung-ho wreckless barge fest driving) is a clever strategy in trying to encourage some of the casual racers to take sim racing a little more seriously..  Top marks to Kunos/505 for (a) Releasing the game at a very sensible price and (b) maintaining the core simulation mechanics of the PC version for us console gamers. It's good to see that not everyone feels the need to sell their soul for a £74.95 deluxe edition and a few preorder trinkets so here's hoping people recognise that fact and the game grows into the worthy simulation that console gamers deserve.

Couldnt agree more and spot on.

I've just got assetto corsa competizione today.   What a surprise and fresh breath of air.

I forgot how good the devs are on assetto there forums.

. I asked a few questions about private lobbies and they replied back respectfully and truthfully. 

Its blows any codemasters games clean out of the water. Well I still think dirty rally 2.0 is a great game. 

What's going on with the posts above yours. 

Sounds like they are either having a reunion and about to make friendship bracelets lol.

I recommend highly Assetto corsa competizione  

If you can. Buy it with the free DLC.   As that free DLC wont be available much longer and next time you see DLC it will be in couple of months. 

Edited by senna94f1
Assetto corsa competizione a must buy.
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

I've just got assetto corsa competizione today.   What a surprise and fresh breath of air.

. I asked a few questions about private lobbies and they replied back respectfully and truthfully. 

Its blows any codemasters games clean out of the water. Well I still think dirty rally 2.0 is a great game. 

Sounds like they are either having a reunion and about to make friendship bracelets lol.

If you can. Buy it with the free DLC.   As that free DLC wont be available much longer and next time you see DLC it will be in couple of months. 

Old friends who haven't been in touch for some time. We were in Grid in 2008 and invested in PC1 from the beginning when we played with square boxes . . . good payout (cash) when the game took off.

Back in the day we lived in Codemaster's forums and gave them endless stick.

Before Codemasters reset the forums I had something like 11,000 posts.

Edited by CaptainJack
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Old friends who haven't been in touch for some time. We were in Grid in 2008 and invested in PC1 from the beginning when we played with square boxes . . . good payout (cash) when the game took off.

Back in the day we lived in Codemaster's forums and gave them endless stick.

Before Codemasters reset the forums I had something like 11,000 posts.

Hi dear CaptainJack , glad you are back in CM forums it's been a while since we've talked `despite we are friends on steam.. Are you OK?

About Grid 19 is not what we wanted.. It has some good parts like handling , sound , cars variety ect but the lack of content (few tracks , modes ) and mediocre graphics etc things that keep us away from playing it..

Dirt 5 is gonna be released this october and it looks very arcady but could be fun , there are already many gameplay videos on Dirt 5 forum of if you search on utube! 🙂

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Hi dear CaptainJack , glad you are back in CM forums it's been a while since we've talked `despite we are friends on steam.. Are you OK?

About Grid 19 is not what we wanted.. It has some good parts like handling , sound , cars variety ect but the lack of content (few tracks , modes ) and mediocre graphics etc things that keep us away from playing it..

Dirt 5 is gonna be released this october and it looks very arcady but could be fun , there are already many gameplay videos on Dirt 5 forum of if you search on utube! 🙂

Hi Miat. I'm fine, thanks, and your English has most definitely improved . . . I trust all is well in that Greek sunshine?

I think Codemaster's forums have always been my only social media site - no membership to Facebook etc. - so time to take a poke around and see what's cooking.

Talking about social media I wonder if the amount of poison on there has contrbuted to bad behaviour in online gaming. RDR2 PC is a fantastic game but Rockstar has removed text chat to avoid what happens in GTA V.

I have tended to buy the Dirt series so will probably go for the next one but not sure about Grid.

I think that the success of Grid 1 brought many problems to online racing and nothing since has resolved it, nor is likely to. There was online racing before Grid but its success brought a whole new ball game . . . and bad boys. Codemasters was well ahead of the pack with quality and resources, like giving us access to create our own clubs so that we could easily kick anyone who misbehaved but this in itself magnified the bad behaviour when back in mainstream racing. Even though we got frustrated with the inaction Codemasters was on a hiding to nothing with all the trolling, cheating, demanding, expectations etc., and for every player there was an 'original' idea needing to be included.

I have been online gaming since there has been online gaming and in all that time the only game I can honestly say is as clean as online gaming can be clean is Warframe. With a 35 years ban as a sword of Damocles hanging over the head of miscreants everybody goes out of their way to behave . . . and with mods like hawks it works.

I can remember the end days of Grid 1 and to be honest it was time, we had thrashed the hell out of the game and everything was becoming a 'repeat'.

Personally, I didn't mind the cheats as most were funny who cocked up on their own cheats or, like Flash on occasion, forgot to turn on his cheat when the end post came into sight. Only the rammers were and are a pain-in-the-ass and put me off online racing, which is why I gave it up.

Anyone seen Flash recently?

Edited by CaptainJack

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CaptainJack said:

Hi Miat. I'm fine, thanks, and your English has most definitely improved . . . I trust all is well in that Greek sunshine?

I think Codemaster's forums have always been my only social media site - no membership to Facebook etc. - so time to take a poke around and see what's cooking.

Talking about social media I wonder if the amount of poison on there has contrbuted to bad behaviour in online gaming. RDR2 PC is a fantastic game but Rockstar has removed text chat to avoid what happens in GTA V.

I have tended to buy the Dirt series so will probably go for the next one but not sure about Grid.

I think that the success of Grid 1 brought many problems to online racing and nothing since has resolved it, nor is likely to. There was online racing before Grid but its success brought a whole new ball game . . . and bad boys. Codemasters was well ahead of the pack with quality and resources, like giving us access to create our own clubs so that we could easily kick anyone who misbehaved but this in itself magnified the bad behaviour when back in mainstream racing. Even though we got frustrated with the inaction Codemasters was on a hiding to nothing with all the trolling, cheating, demanding, expectations etc., and for every player there was an 'original' idea needing to be included.

I have been online gaming since there has been online gaming and in all that time the only game I can honestly say is as clean as online gaming can be clean is Warframe. With a 35 years ban as a sword of Damocles hanging over the head of miscreants everybody goes out of their way to behave . . . and with mods like hawks it works.

I can remember the end days of Grid 1 and to be honest it was time, we had thrashed the hell out of the game and everything was becoming a 'repeat'.

Personally, I didn't mind the cheats as most were funny who cocked up on their own cheats or, like Flash on occasion, forgot to turn on his cheat when the end post came into sight. Only the rammers were and are a pain-in-the-ass and put me off online racing, which is why I gave it up.

Anyone seen Flash recently?

Its OK here sun still shines! 

I cut some gaming time and started an english language repetition 🙂

About Grid 19 you can find it 4-5 euros i think in various bundles/online retailers,  in  this price nothing can go wrong... But do not expect many players online! 

Flash stealth you mean?  He upload some comments in cm forums occasionally mainly in topic about "Grid 1 remastered" or so... He is still a dreamer ! 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

21 hours ago, CaptainJack said:

I checked out Grid 2019 and as you say the handling is the best point.

Rockstar have been clever with RDR2 to avoid the trolling by not allowing text but even though the voice aspect works well most people are only interested in solo playing even online. I have recently got the prison wagon and for a while have been practising running a posse so can see that I rteally do need to use voice more now that I have the wagon to catch 6 at a time.

My tag in the game is Senor-Fredo-Lz and if we could link up sometime you can make money off of my moonshine deliveries. I have worked out a doosey of a method for successfully delivering moonshine although if it catches on Rockstar might do something about it. Never fire a shot. If you have a posse riding with you tell them not to fire a shot but better still deliver on your own. The moment you start firing the agents come at you in ever increasing streams. Don't fire and after a few deliveries they are waving you through without a shot being fired and even if some do start firing just gallop on through to the destination.

We could have a real hoot at the poker if we go in on voice chat.

Like in TDU2  :classic_laugh:

Would love to do some poker soon, but with the temps at moment here in Holland, it's almost not possible to game for me at the moment.

It's 31.3 degrees in my room atm and tomorrow it is even getting hotter, so only doing this post and then return to the garden and relax with a cold one.

I wil send friendrequest thru rockstar so i can see if your online and join ya when it get under the 25 degress again.  🙂    Catch ya soon m8,  keep safe  🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Assiemodis said:

Like in TDU2  :classic_laugh:

Would love to do some poker soon, but with the temps at moment here in Holland, it's almost not possible to game for me at the moment.

It's 31.3 degrees in my room atm and tomorrow it is even getting hotter, so only doing this post and then return to the garden and relax with a cold one.

I wil send friendrequest thru rockstar so i can see if your online and join ya when it get under the 25 degress again.  🙂    Catch ya soon m8,  keep safe  🙂

I couldn't find where in Rockstar but will check again. I have sent you a friends request in Steam.

It's 'limited' Hold'em so not as good as in TDU2 but I have already sussed the play so that 9/10 I come out in front. It doesn't take much to work out who are genuine poker players andt who are not. Unfortunately, with $5 being the limit the kids play a bit of a crazy game but there is fun in playing the psychological game against them. This would be even better if the two of us were chatting across the table for them to hear which is an element we didn't have in TDU2.

I totally understand the heat thing with you so we can play whenever. 😉

Edit 20:15 Found the request in Rockstar and accepted.

Edited by CaptainJack

I did not know that RDR m2 has not text chat,  i love text chat in games i hope they will not remove text chat from next gta game... Despite its in my wishlist i have not bought yet RDR2  because 1) i have many games to play,  2) its still expensive 3 i heard about bad performance in PCs...  Gta v has poker in casino i think but as gambling  is forbiddenin video games,  i can't try it in any case... 

Hahaha. 

I am glad you guys have found each other again. 

Always good to have old friends and new friends  

The problem was grid 2019 was touted for the casual sim racer. And sadly codemasters dont value sim people. 

Take beta f12020. If you disagree with anything that's said with staff then there busy blacklisting and then being indirectly sarcastic  

We are all here to relax and talk about games of the past present and future lol 

As a league owner and involved in many leagues for many years I would have thought it invaluable to have there views onboard. 

Instead we are blanked and prodded and overlooked for others who don't really care to test .but rather it's a bragging right.

These people who opened brand new accounts just to brag about doing beta testing. 

And in turn Barry has fuelled the fire   

.I personally prefer if people do have personal issues then send personal messages. 

We all have our own unique ways of posting and my way has never ever been intended to upset anyone but we can't help it if other people take other people's posts wrong.

All I ever wanted to do was help and be part of the testing but instead I got my nose constantly rub in by other people who have the power to change things. 

What do they say about people with power. 

On 6/23/2020 at 9:49 AM, senna94f1 said:

Well, I have to stand corrected with ACC because after starting to play the game 'properly' (moving on from setting stuff up in practice sessions) there are some serious performance issues which make the game borderline unplayable. Visible stuttering, input lag, no FOV/ride height/cockpit adjustment, screen tearing...it's actually quite a long list and I dread to think how it plays on the non-enhanced consoles.

"be careful what you wish for". Never a truer word spoken...sigh!

17 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I did not know that RDR m2 has not text chat,  i love text chat in games i hope they will not remove text chat from next gta game... Despite its in my wishlist i have not bought yet RDR2  because 1) i have many games to play,  2) its still expensive 3 i heard about bad performance in PCs...  Gta v has poker in casino i think but as gambling  is forbiddenin video games,  i can't try it in any case... 

Hahaha . . . nothing changes, you have always got too many games and not enough time.

Although I do have a lot of games on the go RDR2 PC Online gets the most play. I invested £2.8K in a new high end rig so every game is played maxed out and boy oh boy you need that for RDR2 as nothing I've seen can touch it for graphics. I can remember years ago in one of the mags the chat was about how the card makers needed to catch up with what the programmers could create, well, I'd say that day has arrived. Even spending a hour or so just fishing in the game - and I mean for fish, not a euphemism - is great fun as it's so realistic. 11Gb of Vram means you get not just every tiny water droplet but also the sun flashing off of every single one of them. The publicity is very true, many people will enjoy the game just to ride around enjoying the scenery.

What never fails to put the fear of god in me are; a charging Bear, a chasing pack of wolves, and a couger coming at you at a rate of knots. I lose the battle just about every time as these beasties need a number of good hits to stop them and they just don't give you the time.

Grid got a deserved BAFTA for Grid and RDR2 PC is the only game I have seen since then which I consider worthy of one.

BTW, GTA 6 should be up soon.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Hahaha. 

I am glad you guys have found each other again. 

Always good to have old friends and new friends  

The problem was grid 2019 was touted for the casual sim racer. And sadly codemasters dont value sim people. 

Take beta f12020. If you disagree with anything that's said with staff then there busy blacklisting and then being indirectly sarcastic  

We are all here to relax and talk about games of the past present and future lol 

As a league owner and involved in many leagues for many years I would have thought it invaluable to have there views onboard. 

Instead we are blanked and prodded and overlooked for others who don't really care to test .but rather it's a bragging right.

These people who opened brand new accounts just to brag about doing beta testing. 

And in turn Barry has fuelled the fire   

.I personally prefer if people do have personal issues then send personal messages. 

We all have our own unique ways of posting and my way has never ever been intended to upset anyone but we can't help it if other people take other people's posts wrong.

All I ever wanted to do was help and be part of the testing but instead I got my nose constantly rub in by other people who have the power to change things. 

What do they say about people with power. 

It is interesting to note the changes.

For myself and most of my friends who have been gaming since the beginning of gaming taking part in Alphas and Betas was just run of the mill, we all took part in making games.

I joined My Space when it appeared and within two months removed all trace of my account from that cesspool. I don't belong to any social media site as I view them all as cesspools corrupting natural social intercourse and in many cases the actual truth.

I mention this because your comments about the Codemasters staff of today and my recollections from 12 years ago are at direct opposites. I see this as reflecting the influence of these social media sites and this new world of direct contact with other human beings being through a tiny screen and a tiny keyboard and requiring your head to be stuck in this 24/7.

Manners, patience, tolerance no longer exist and back in the day the majority of personal issues were dealt with privately. Only the trolls looked for a public stage. I don't say it is the fault of the staff as their behaviour is probably as a result of what the world has become and how it treats them.

With my generation of players we tried and tried to get Codemasters to be reasonable but in the end their arrogance resulted in the most ridiculous game mechanics - almost space age or magical kingdom - so we left and they went back to their money grabbing kiddies games. I suppose we can't blame them because they had to have an income and all of their major talent left - poached - after the success of Grid leaving no-one capable to create a suitable follow-up.

No idea who is in the office today but for sure they still haven't got that special talent to just tip them back into brilliance.

Gamers today demand the full package or as near as dammit. Codemasters always could make brilliant cars but that doesn't make a complete game. Forget 'sims' where Codemasters are concerned. Waffle after waffle but they will always only be arcade and nothing wrong with that. We had the mighty Lacetti and they never caught on that they could have made a game just with that and the game would sell in the millions. Back in the day it wasn't about finding enough people to form a race but about hoping to find a space in all the full meetings and usually having to wait for one to pop up.

I don't believe online racing has anywhere near the pull it had years ago as other, more exciting, games have been perfected for online play. Sure, I like an occasional spin but GTA V is my usual go to as it is the complete package. Warframe is one of the most stunning visual games with fantastic gameplay and enough detail for even a scientist to be entertained alongside all levels of players and after 7 years this founder member is back there on a daily basis.

Racing games are just 'repeats' so how long can that hold anyone's attention?

Which means they rely on new players as the format is never going to be 'new'.

And can a company always get enough 'new' players for new titles, new updates, each year to pay the bills?

Time for me to get on one of my beautiful horses, ride over to Blackwater, and have a few hands of Texas Hold'em.

PS. On another note, Isn't it tragic that all this statue daubing we are seeing only serves to display the ignorance of history of the daubers?

Edited by CaptainJack

Played codemasters games since Toca 2, still got the CD in a box, it was great at the time. 

A group of us picked up Grid and was brilliant for multiplayer and it became our weekly race, Grid 2 was good but had flaws, the loss of text chat in lobbies was sad, ofc we preorderd GAS and never looked back. 

What we liked was the large range of tracks and cars, racing while drunk was good, the driver rating caused many an argument... dirtiest of us never changed from white!!! 

As a game it was complete, ofc it had flaws like the garage system but it was only when project cars 2 came out that we longed for new stuff like sector times and ability to save replays. 

The thoughts of what is expected in racing games these days and how good past grid games were had peaked our expectations, I mean why would you release a game that did not have public/private lobbies, weekly racenet challenges, car tuning in multiplayer (between races ffs!!!), the ability to see event details like track variation, laps etc while in the lobby. 

I mean I know we got the now famous line 'Manage expectations' but they were splashing Alonso's face everywhere to get the hype train going!!

Grid 2019 had so much potential, the racing is good, cars look good, sounds great, graphic look good in the darker hours, but then you start listing the failings, lack of tracks, all the multiplayer focus put on skirmish and not on what is expected in a mp game, no public lobbies on launch, no tuning between races, inability to see what the host has selected, LOD issues and poor quality asset textures, lack of race types... fundamental stuff!

Single player does not give a game staying power, people don't spend bucket loads on ACC etc for single player and AI!

If Codemasters fixed most of these issues and released a track pack DLC I'm sure most of us would buy it, hell, we still only have 1 sprint track!

Sadly though I don't see the same community engagement that we get from other studios, they don't communicate future plans or aims for the game, wouldn't it be nice to know if there was going to be any future seasons?

34 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

Played codemasters games since Toca 2, still got the CD in a box, it was great at the time. 

A group of us picked up Grid and was brilliant for multiplayer and it became our weekly race, Grid 2 was good but had flaws, the loss of text chat in lobbies was sad, ofc we preorderd GAS and never looked back. 

What we liked was the large range of tracks and cars, racing while drunk was good, the driver rating caused many an argument... dirtiest of us never changed from white!!! 

As a game it was complete, ofc it had flaws like the garage system but it was only when project cars 2 came out that we longed for new stuff like sector times and ability to save replays. 

The thoughts of what is expected in racing games these days and how good past grid games were had peaked our expectations, I mean why would you release a game that did not have public/private lobbies, weekly racenet challenges, car tuning in multiplayer (between races ffs!!!), the ability to see event details like track variation, laps etc while in the lobby. 

I mean I know we got the now famous line 'Manage expectations' but they were splashing Alonso's face everywhere to get the hype train going!!

Grid 2019 had so much potential, the racing is good, cars look good, sounds great, graphic look good in the darker hours, but then you start listing the failings, lack of tracks, all the multiplayer focus put on skirmish and not on what is expected in a mp game, no public lobbies on launch, no tuning between races, inability to see what the host has selected, LOD issues and poor quality asset textures, lack of race types... fundamental stuff!

Single player does not give a game staying power, people don't spend bucket loads on ACC etc for single player and AI!

If Codemasters fixed most of these issues and released a track pack DLC I'm sure most of us would buy it, hell, we still only have 1 sprint track!

Sadly though I don't see the same community engagement that we get from other studios, they don't communicate future plans or aims for the game, wouldn't it be nice to know if there was going to be any future seasons?

Toca 2 also for me.

What you mention is a replay of ten years ago and every year inbetween so why do they never have a brain storming session and finally work it out?

The thing with lobbies and chat reminds me of when they threw around that forums are a privilege not a necessity . . . really? other types of companies spend a fortune to get the information forums throw up for free.

I know why they say it! it's because their actions over the years have made it clear that they have little or no interest in what we want but instead prefer to tell us and invariably they have got it wrong . . . there's arrogance for you.

Yet it is so, so obvious what we want as a package because we have always sung the same tune in every racing game we indulge in . . . one day, aye?

So CJack with my 1060 6gb +amd ryzen 1600x + 16gb ram 32000ghz have I any chance to decently run RDR2? I am interested in buy this game some time , i have played in a friend of my on PS4 and i know how good and realistic it is.. But this game is more for single as in online theere are not many things to do i heard + no text chat for communication + gambling games do not work for greece region i am afraid is not a game for me as i mostly play online in games..