The future of Grid

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

So CJack with my 1060 6gb +amd ryzen 1600x + 16gb ram 32000ghz have I any chance to decently run RDR2? I am interested in buy this game some time , i have played in a friend of my on PS4 and i know how good and realistic it is.. But this game is more for single as in online theere are not many things to do i heard + no text chat for communication + gambling games do not work for greece region i am afraid is not a game for me as i mostly play online in games..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don't know where you get your info but I haven't finished SP because I've been too busy online setting up my Moonshine business, Collectors business, Bounty hunting, and creating stocks in my camp for sale. There are numerous challenges to take part in and the gambling is not for real money but just another ingame challenge. For me it's like with GTA V where I got halfway into the SP and then went online and stayed there because of all there is to do.

The live chat system is very efficient so you can communicate that way and your rig will give you some decent graphics so there is nothing stopping you, except for some reason you never liked live chat but maybe now that your English has improved things have changed.

server capacity is similar to GTA V with about 22 -24 people which is understandable considering the size of the game.

It really depends what you want from a game. I'm just as happy fishing or looking for treasure as I am having to clear a random roadblock or outlaw camp. I grew up on the old westerns on TV so this is like being in my own western, and I'm sure that goes for many others.

If you embrace every aspect of online play there is always something needing to be done to keep the dollars rolling in so that you can buy all the goodies on offer. One thing which stands out are all the clothes so you can create whatever 'old west' look you desire and change it around as you wish.

In this game you have to look after your horse like you would a real one otherwise all he'll do for you is throw you off and take off.

The game is designed around action and reaction, everything has a consequence and Rockstar has put stuff in and told no-one about it so your behaviour will determine how that stuff impacts your game.

My present rig is: GTX1080Ti ; i7 - 7700@4.20GHz (8cpu's); 32 gigs ram. and between you and me I only put that in as bait for Assie to blow it out of the water with his current rig, lol.

Edited by CaptainJack

You know me to wel m8.

I wil post my rig later am at work atm and posting via cellphone isn't great.  

32.4 degrees in my room yesterday so didn't even bother to boot pc.  :classic_biggrin:

20 minutes ago, Assiemodis said:

32.4 degrees in my room yesterday

Holy ssshhh.... Where do you live? ))

Netherlands

Outside temp is 31 degrees yesterday and today.

And my main problem is my pc room is on the attic, so the sun is burning on the roof the whole day.  

8 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

You know me to wel m8.

I wil post my rig later am at work atm and posting via cellphone isn't great.  

32.4 degrees in my room yesterday so didn't even bother to boot pc.  :classic_biggrin:

I'm getting heat up near that at the moment and it's just that tad too high. [ Cornwall ] . . . just in case you were wondering, lastbreath!

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2020 at 3:58 PM, CaptainJack said:

BTW, GTA 6 should be up soon.

Actually no it's not.

Rockstar wil bring out an updated GTA5 with the launch of both new consoles and wait with GTA6 till they understand the new hardware bettter.   🙂

On 6/24/2020 at 8:23 PM, GavinMac said:

Played codemasters games since Toca 2, still got the CD in a box, it was great at the time. 

A group of us picked up Grid and was brilliant for multiplayer and it became our weekly race, Grid 2 was good but had flaws, the loss of text chat in lobbies was sad, ofc we preorderd GAS and never looked back. 

Started with the first toca played all 3 of them, then went to Grid from 2008 to 2011.

We tried grid 2 and GAS but we never managed to get much time in them both as I didn't like them.

We spend alot of time in dirt 2 and dirt3 tho.

And personally I like the f1 games but play them mostly in SP.

16 hours ago, CaptainJack said:

My present rig is: GTX1080Ti ; i7 - 7700@4.20GHz (8cpu's); 32 gigs ram. and between you and me I only put that in as bait for Assie to blow it out of the water with his current rig, lol.

Ok this is everything I use to game atm.

Waiting for the 3080 to come out in aprox september/october to replace the titan

PC

Motherboard:         ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming
Processor:             I9 9900KS  (8 cores, 16 threads)
Processor cooler:  CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H110i
GPU:                    12GB Nvidia Titan pascal
Memory:              32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
HD:                     Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD 970    1TB
                          Samsung ssd 850 evo         1TB
                          Samsung ssd 850 evo         250GB
                          Samsung ssd 850 evo         500GB
                          Normal hdd                  3TB
PSU:                   XFX PRO850W Core Edition ATX
Case:                 Corsair Graphite 760T bk ATX
Monitor:             27 inch Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q
Headset:            Logitech G35 Surround Sound Headset
Keyboard:           Logitech G15
Mouse:              Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse
Mousemat:         SteelSeries QcK- Pro Gaming Mousepad

chair:             Corsair T1 Race Gaming Chair

When I race
Wheel:             Thrustmaster T300 RS GT + T3PA-Pro pedals + F1 ferrari rim
Cockpit:           Next Level Racing F-GT Formula and GT Simulator Cockpit gameseat

television:        samsung QE55Q64R - QLED   

Trackir

Edited by Assiemodis

14 hours ago, CaptainJack said:

Actually it is 4 core, 8 threads processor I have it as second pc   🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CaptainJack said:

I'm getting heat up near that at the moment and it's just that tad too high. [ Cornwall ] . . . just in case you were wondering, lastbreath! 

Today it is even worse for me.

32.6 when I enter my room just before starting posting now with pc running it climbed up to 33.  

In the weekend the temps seems to go down to normal temps again. 

I love this weather but it is not good for my gaming time.  rofl

Edited by Assiemodis

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Assiemodis said:

Actually it is 4 core, 8 threads processor I have it as second pc   🙂

Just quoting the dxdiag but can always trust you for the exactitude, lol . . . nothing changes, lol.

I just knew that you would have something close on the max available.

My number two is still running the GTX980 and number three the 770.

Are you still overclocking?

My dilemma is that my present No.1 rig has no problems running the games and if I went for the ultimate top end rig I'd be sat on four computers which is one too many and I'm loathe to decommission my No.2 as it is still a very good computer with all my music stuff on as it's best to keep music progs separate from other progs. The GTX770 No.3 rig is no problem and doesn't need replacing as it is my cinema computer and only used to show movies in my sitting room.

I know that individual parts can be updated but experience has shown me that updating just the gfx card is ok but doing all the other bits and pieces creates a mongrel computer open to conflicts. In the past I have sorted everything by crawling around in the bios but I'm fed up with that.

Must check out that card you mention as I can always find a bit of spare cash. Funny how over the years the cost of a card has crept up from around £300 to around £1000

Edit: 19:10: Took a look and see that the 3080 is way ahead of the 2080ti but a bit concerned that a 3090 is mentioned. we had the '90' series some years ago and that tends to throw a few cogs into the works with trying not to throw money away on a bad choice. It looks like the 3080 or/and 3080ti will come with 18gigs Vram - the touted 24gigs is for the pro card - which would be very handy and also the bandwidth. The price could be very attractive so we will have to see. Sht, it didn't take long before we were back on the gfx card trail . . .

Edited by CaptainJack

6 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Just quoting the dxdiag but can always trust you for the exactitude, lol . . . nothing changes, lol.

lol

wel it acts as 8 cores  🙂 

7 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

I just knew that you would have something close on the max available.

The max I can efford  :classic_biggrin:

I could have gone for an AMD so I would have more cores for aprox same money but always been an intel man and that wil not change quick.

11 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Are you still overclocking?

No no need for it now as al my cores run @ 5ghz in turbo mode.

I proberly would if I had bought the i9 9900K or KF as those only have one core that run @ 5 Ghz and in turbo mode they run @ 4.7 Ghz so would have brouyght that up to 5 Ghz in turbo mode.

21 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

I know that individual parts can be updated but experience has shown me that updating just the gfx card is ok

It is, specially with your I7 7700 you should be good for another 2 years I guess.

26 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Must check out that card you mention as I can always find a bit of spare cash. Funny how over the years the cost of a card has crept up from around £300 to around £1000

there isn't much known of officially but what I read about it so far it seems to be a very good card.

But as that are rumors we dont know for sure till nvidia announce the cards officially.

Jeez the forum is getting a bit active again only we don;t talk about the game   lol

maybe we should make our own thread again like in grid, dirt 2 and 3.   😄

37 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

but a bit concerned that a 3090 is mentioned

that's because there will be no 3080ti instead they call it the 3090 that's what I read about it.

And that wil be a 1200 euro card i presume.  a bit to rich for my taste atm

I think most of us are of certain age where we grew up with binatone game from seventies. 

Then master system then mega drive. My kids then grew up with the playstation series as I was stuck on PC lol.

Video games have come along way since then .

What annoys me with codemasters f12019. They had almost perfect game. Wheel vs pad was equal.  Ffb was brilliant and car set ups actually did what they were designed to do. 

Then along come a very stupid idea to change the core of f12019 to attract immature kids. And they then spent time doing more updates to correct the bug mess .

When I buy any game I expect it to work  I don't expect the game to be changed in a way that it affects it.

They waited around 6 weeks patch 1.04 was good to change it knowing full well it was too late to get a refund. 

You don't not to blatantly lie through advertising to attract customers. 

Codemasters charges high premium prices for there games and I expect good value and customer support. 

I've been messing around with assetto corsa competizione on ps4 and for £29.99 with free DLC for 2 weeks only it's a must buy 

The more  ive raced ACC the more I am impressed. .

If codemasters would have charged £29.99 for grid 2019 I don't think people would have complained as much. 

And after an hour with grid 2019 I am bored and always end up with a  headache  

All we need for assetto corsa competizione is private lobbies.  But my go to game is still pcars2  

Codemasters have talented people to produce great sim Racing games and now they've bought the tyre physics model from pcars2 theres nothing to stop codemasters from being a class act.

The future holds the truth and codemasters have the power within themselves to make that leap .

Yes so you will sell 80% of the game but new people will come and buy the game because others will say how brilliant it is 

It's a no brainer. 

The f12020 beta has irritated me because some 99% from Barry's league had almost automatic rights .then we had masses of people not really interested in f1 or never bought previous f1 titles or even created leagues .popped in here with brand new accounts and they were chosen over adults. 

.it made the whole f1 beta full of negatively and some of  that was created by the people who have the power to change that .but they chose to boost there own silly egos instead. 

.this forum should be  about meeting people and reporting bugs and so forth.  I 1st came on the forums in 2014 then made an account in 2015 and read people posts like I am writing now and could not understand why they were unhappy. 

5 years on I can see exactly why  . different staff but same old attitude towards people who obviously only wanted to help and promote codemasters games . But unfortunately once they have taken a dislike too you then your blacklisted. 

For all anyone knows that person could be disabled. 

I suppose you have to be in there gang and agree what ever the person in charge says .

Actually that is a fact..

1 hour ago, Assiemodis said:

that's because there will be no 3080ti instead they call it the 3090 that's what I read about it.

And that wil be a 1200 euro card i presume.  a bit to rich for my taste atm

As usual I haven't bothered looking for updates and then you fire it up again.

I have 32gigs 2100 but am looking at 32gigs [2 x 16Gb] Corsair Dominator Platinum 4000MHz for just under £500. What is your opinion?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, senna94f1 said:

I think most of us are of certain age where we grew up with binatone game from seventies. 

Then master system then mega drive. My kids then grew up with the playstation series as I was stuck on PC lol.

Video games have come along way since then .

What annoys me with codemasters f12019. They had almost perfect game. Wheel vs pad was equal.  Ffb was brilliant and car set ups actually did what they were designed to do. 

Then along come a very stupid idea to change the core of f12019 to attract immature kids. And they then spent time doing more updates to correct the bug mess .

When I buy any game I expect it to work  I don't expect the game to be changed in a way that it affects it.

They waited around 6 weeks patch 1.04 was good to change it knowing full well it was too late to get a refund. 

You don't not to blatantly lie through advertising to attract customers. 

Codemasters charges high premium prices for there games and I expect good value and customer support. 

I've been messing around with assetto corsa competizione on ps4 and for £29.99 with free DLC for 2 weeks only it's a must buy 

The more  ive raced ACC the more I am impressed. .

If codemasters would have charged £29.99 for grid 2019 I don't think people would have complained as much. 

And after an hour with grid 2019 I am bored and always end up with a  headache  

All we need for assetto corsa competizione is private lobbies.  But my go to game is still pcars2  

Codemasters have talented people to produce great sim Racing games and now they've bought the tyre physics model from pcars2 theres nothing to stop codemasters from being a class act.

The future holds the truth and codemasters have the power within themselves to make that leap .

Yes so you will sell 80% of the game but new people will come and buy the game because others will say how brilliant it is 

It's a no brainer. 

The f12020 beta has irritated me because some 99% from Barry's league had almost automatic rights .then we had masses of people not really interested in f1 or never bought previous f1 titles or even created leagues .popped in here with brand new accounts and they were chosen over adults. 

.it made the whole f1 beta full of negatively and some of  that was created by the people who have the power to change that .but they chose to boost there own silly egos instead. 

.this forum should be  about meeting people and reporting bugs and so forth.  I 1st came on the forums in 2014 then made an account in 2015 and read people posts like I am writing now and could not understand why they were unhappy. 

5 years on I can see exactly why  . different staff but same old attitude towards people who obviously only wanted to help and promote codemasters games . But unfortunately once they have taken a dislike too you then your blacklisted. 

For all anyone knows that person could be disabled. 

I suppose you have to be in there gang and agree what ever the person in charge says .

Actually that is a fact..

I think Codemasters prefer the young players. They even made a mod out of one child, how crazy is that. We used to point out where the money came from and it wasn't from the kids.

So far we have got away with "off topic" far longer than back in the day but as Assie mentions maybe we should start our own thread?

The problems of today are the same as yesterday but we had a more conversational approach to things, much like you see here. Imagine we are sitting down chewing the fat with the crew at Codemasters. In fact back in the day I had an invite to go visit them and discuss matters but pointed out that as a guest in their house I'd have to be on my best behaviour so thanked them kindly and declined. Point is they are still only people warts and all so there will always be flaws on both sides, us and them.

The fact that they are still in business tells me they are doing something right and that of course they cannot share details of what it is so all we can do is plug away and hope that at some point more people will be happy than unhappy. We would give Codemasters stick but always buy the next game in the series until we stopped doing so and slowly they lost a whole mass of people. I'm just sorry that they didn't find another magical game which would have brought back many of those players.

I enjoy the Dirt games and save myself a lot of frustration by seeing what I have got in front of me and making the most of that.

I have this philosophy. Back in the 60's I spent 8 years in a living hell in the services, much of it in freezing conditions. Since then I have a great appreciation for the simplest of things like a warm dry bed every night. Think back to 1971 and the ping pong game in pubs, the early computers in the 80's, the DOS before windows arrived, the chunky early games [ the kids had Sega or Nintendo which, of course, we also enjoyed . . . particularly when 'Link' appeared]. We not only survived them but enjoyed them. We enjoyed every new innovation . . .it was like magic. Then, games got too good which turned us into too demanding. I include myself in this. But every night when I go to bed I'm reminded of the nightmare I suffered for 8 years back in the 60's and just how good those 2000 pocket springs feel now.

Edited by CaptainJack
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, CaptainJack said:

As usual I haven't bothered looking for updates and then you fire it up again.

I have 32gigs 2100 but am looking at 32gigs [2 x 16Gb] Corsair Dominator Platinum 4000MHz for just under £500. What is your opinion?

The memory is good but you dont need it for gaming.

Better wait til you wanna upgrade your cpu again as the benefit you gain from it with gaming is not worth it.  

When you gonna upgrade your cpu you need to replace your mb aswel then for the better chipset, and who knows against that time there might be a new serie of mem.

If you really want to go for it ut is excellent memory

40 minutes ago, Assiemodis said:

The memory is good but you dont need it for gaming.

Better wait til you wanna upgrade your cpu again as the benefit you gain from it with gaming is not worth it.  

When you gonna upgrade your cpu you need to replace your mb aswel then for the better chipset, and who knows against that time there might be a new serie of mem.

If you really want to go for it ut is excellent memory

This is why I like to run it past you as you have far more technical knowledge than I do.

I suspect the ram would be of more use in MS Office and Photoshop but I could be wrong.

Posted (edited)

Yes indeed or when you use vegas. 

Edit:

So the proces goes a bit quicker.

Gaming wise you gain 5 or 10 frames per seconde at best.

So with completly New build yes go for it, as replacement for your current ram, not worth it .  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Assiemodis

5 minutes ago, Assiemodis said:

Yes indeed or when you use vegas. 

So bandwidth and Vram for gaming?

You guys probably have seen it by now, but just in case... here it's the latests racing line from Codemasters regarding the future of Grid

Since GRID’s announcement in May last year, we’ve been overwhelmed with the positivity around the series’ return. GRID launched in October to critical acclaim and since then players have enjoyed three new circuits and a half dozen cars to add to their garages all for free, with more cars and Career events made available through GRID Ultimate Edition.

Released on Google Stadia at launch, GRID was the first track-based racing title on the cloud-gaming platform. This offered a whole new generation of players the opportunity to enjoy GRID – and its exclusive 40-player Endurance mode – from almost anything with a screen.

GRID’s community has been at the heart of all the tweaks and changes made since launch and despite Season 3 being the final season of GRID, every bit of feedback – whether that’s from the Codemasters Forums or across the web – will be passed on for future entries in the series.

Whilst this will be GRID’s last inclusion in the Racing Line for a while, it certainly won’t be the last you hear from us. We’ll be keeping the conversation going on our socials, so make sure you’re following on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for all the latest news on the GRID series.

So yeah, basically this is it. The game is now dead. No more seasons will be added. No more cars, NO MORE TRACKS, no comunity features. 

As I already said, CM will now shift focus torwards PC3, F12020, and Dirt 5. None of em fancy me, specially after paying Grid full price and having an average experience, at the absolute best. On a "kinda" plus note, CM mention "future entries of the series" so maybe, someday, they will undo the bad things they made with Grid 2019. But anyway, the damage is already done for most of us, I think. This will be hard to forget for many (it will be for me).

I will now patiently wait for Gran Turismo 7, a series I love (despite the low points). I don't see myself coming back to Codemasters games for a while. Grid leave me hurted, plus nothing new really gets my attention.

Stay safe, everyone! And be well :D cya around!

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Leocp said:

You guys probably have seen it by now, but just in case... here it's the latests racing line from Codemasters regarding the future of Grid

Since GRID’s announcement in May last year, we’ve been overwhelmed with the positivity around the series’ return. GRID launched in October to critical acclaim and since then players have enjoyed three new circuits and a half dozen cars to add to their garages all for free, with more cars and Career events made available through GRID Ultimate Edition.

Released on Google Stadia at launch, GRID was the first track-based racing title on the cloud-gaming platform. This offered a whole new generation of players the opportunity to enjoy GRID – and its exclusive 40-player Endurance mode – from almost anything with a screen.

GRID’s community has been at the heart of all the tweaks and changes made since launch and despite Season 3 being the final season of GRID, every bit of feedback – whether that’s from the Codemasters Forums or across the web – will be passed on for future entries in the series.

Whilst this will be GRID’s last inclusion in the Racing Line for a while, it certainly won’t be the last you hear from us. We’ll be keeping the conversation going on our socials, so make sure you’re following on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for all the latest news on the GRID series.

So yeah, basically this is it. The game is now dead. No more seasons will be added. No more cars, NO MORE TRACKS, no comunity features. 

As I already said, CM will now shift focus torwards PC3, F12020, and Dirt 5. None of em fancy me, specially after paying Grid full price and having an average experience, at the absolute best. On a "kinda" plus note, CM mention "future entries of the series" so maybe, someday, they will undo the bad things they made with Grid 2019. But anyway, the damage is already done for most of us, I think. This will be hard to forget for many (it will be for me).

I will now patiently wait for Gran Turismo 7, a series I love (despite the low points). I don't see myself coming back to Codemasters games for a while. Grid leave me hurted, plus nothing new really gets my attention.

Stay safe, everyone! And be well 😄 cya around!

'Fraid there is nothing new here. Something similar is why we all walked away years ago. Years ago we accused them of purely creating whatever as a cash grab and nothing has changed. They must be rolling on the floor wondering just how many suckers are out there.

But seriously, there just isn't enough money in the racing pool to sustain all games to the fullness of their potential. Even though Grid 1 won a BAFTA it wasn't a financially successful game and series. Dirt is, which is why it's still going strong.

Edited by CaptainJack

17 hours ago, CaptainJack said:

So bandwidth and Vram for gaming?

First vram is how ram for the gpu is called.   :classic_wink:  (cant help myself lol)

For gaming you look what ddr version you have at the moment and the amount.

8 Gb is minimum 16 Gb recommended and ddr4.

unless you are still running on ddr3 instead off ddr4 which i doubt eventhough you never mentioned which ddr version you are using, the speed it is running on has only slightly influence in game performance, so need for you to upgrade.

If you do run on ddr3 how ever and your MB supports DDR4 then I recommend to upgrade unless you dont experience any problems while gaming with current ram and you plan to upgrade your cpu/MB within a year.

I then would wait till newer cpu and ddr5 comes out.

This site explains it well what impact ram has on gaming.  

And also comfirms what I already expected and that is that ddr5 is on his way.

Proberly due end of this year or otherwise it will be 2021.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ram-for-gamers-what-do-the-specs-mean-and-how-do-they-alter-performance/

On 6/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, senna94f1 said:

My first ever console was a intellivision for the rest I had an sega, atari, commodore 64 and my first ever pc was an 120 Mhz IBM and was hooked on gaming on a pc since that.   🙂

8 hours ago, Leocp said:

Stay safe, everyone! And be well 😄 cya around!

No didn't read it but it was in the line of my expectations.

Like CJ says been there, dealt with that before.

My guess is that the f1 and dirt series keeps codies alive as the sale numbers of the last 2 grid games wasn't great, like the games actually.

5 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

First vram is how ram for the gpu is called.   :classic_wink:  (cant help myself lol) 

For gaming you look what ddr version you have at the moment and the amount.

8 Gb is minimum 16 Gb recommended and ddr4.

unless you are still running on ddr3 instead off ddr4 which i doubt eventhough you never mentioned which ddr version you are using, the speed it is running on has only slightly influence in game performance, so need for you to upgrade.

If you do run on ddr3 how ever and your MB supports DDR4 then I recommend to upgrade unless you dont experience any problems while gaming with current ram and you plan to upgrade your cpu/MB within a year.

I then would wait till newer cpu and ddr5 comes out.

This site explains it well what impact ram has on gaming.  

And also comfirms what I already expected and that is that ddr5 is on his way.

Proberly due end of this year or otherwise it will be 2021.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ram-for-gamers-what-do-the-specs-mean-and-how-do-they-alter-performance/

My first ever console was a intellivision for the rest I had an sega, atari, commodore 64 and my first ever pc was an 120 Mhz IBM and was hooked on gaming on a pc since that.   🙂

No didn't read it but it was in the line of my expectations.

Like CJ says been there, dealt with that before.

My guess is that the f1 and dirt series keeps codies alive as the sale numbers of the last 2 grid games wasn't great, like the games actually.

You were always the resident expert  so no complaints on corrections.

However, you missed my point.

I know that Vram is card ram which is why I said Vram and bandwidth meaning those two are the important ones when it comes to gaming.

I bought the GTX1080Ti for the 11Gb of Vram. This meant I had a lot more space when watching the meter as I ramped up my graphics. And a good bandwidth means no choke points. 😉

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CaptainJack said:

You were always the resident expert  so no complaints on corrections.

However, you missed my point.

I know that Vram is card ram which is why I said Vram and bandwidth meaning those two are the important ones when it comes to gaming.

I bought the GTX1080Ti for the 11Gb of Vram. This meant I had a lot more space when watching the meter as I ramped up my graphics. And a good bandwidth means no choke points. 😉

Sorry i misread your text. 

still thought we were talking about ram there.  🙂

But yeah those are important indeed.

I took the titan x pascal for that reason 12 Gb of vram and dont want to go below that anymore.

It outperformed Johan's 1080ti in benchmark eventhough it is an older card.

I still am able to run all my games on ultra on 2k resolution with more then 60 fps on 144hz so it still performs good.

Even have above 100 fps on 4k resolution in f1 2019 and 2020.  😄

But no raytracing so that's my reason to go for one of the 3000 serie.

Edited by Assiemodis

2 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

Sorry i misread your text. 

still thought we were talking about ram there.  🙂

But yeah those are important indeed.

I took the titan x pascal for that reason 12 Gb of vram and dont want to go below that anymore.

It outperformed Johan's 1080ti in benchmark eventhough it is an older card.

I still am able to run all my games on ultra on 2k resolution with more then 60 fps on 144hz so it still performs good.

Even have above 100 fps on 4k resolution in f1 2019 and 2020.  😄

But no raytracing so that's my reason to go for one of the 3000 serie.

I play all my games on 2560x1440. I didn't want to go higher because of the size on screen and little is optomized for anything higher so a waste of time and money.

You mention raytracing and a little while ago I had access to that with one of my games and I can't remember which one. I did read somewhere that Nvidia had been pressured into doing something which would make the 1080Ti capable of accessing raytracing but as there are few games at the moment exploiting this I wasn't too fussed about it although I did activate it so knew that it worked.

It might have been RDR2, I'll have to check. I do recall that when it came to details the scene had a certain polish . . .bit like when we finally got rounded edges and not hexagons.

Funnily enough around 30 years ago in Autodesk Animator we were messing around with the idea of ray tracing.

Codemasters are good at doing racing, just not so good at the game part. Just look how many times they've had to be told to put really obvious things in. Like rear view mirror in GAS and lobbies with AI players in the latest game. I also wonder why Spa and Bathurst don't feature in GRID 2019. Did they think 'hey, what were the best tracks from our previous games? How about we just don't put them into the new game for no reason?'