The future of Grid

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Crumplezone99 said:

Codemasters are good at doing racing, just not so good at the game part. Just look how many times they've had to be told to put really obvious things in. Like rear view mirror in GAS and lobbies with AI players in the latest game. I also wonder why Spa and Bathurst don't feature in GRID 2019. Did they think 'hey, what were the best tracks from our previous games? How about we just don't put them into the new game for no reason?'

Are you kidding me? there have been riots in the past when Bathhurst was left out of a game and Spa is the single most popular track.

Maybe we weren't as paranoid as we thought with some of their previous moves to destroy their own games. For reputation reasons maybe the powers that be will allow those tracks in F1 but no other Codemasters game.

I'd like to see Codemasters crowdfund a Game called "Lacetti" and make that the next Grid title. I'd definitely throw £50 at it as a gamble. It worked with Project Cars so why not with a Lacetti led Grid game.

Edit: 18:08: Shadow of the Tomb Raider was the game with Ray Tracing and Battlefield V also has it. RDR2 has Raymarching which is also a neat effect for all those atmospheric goodies.

Edited by CaptainJack

Temps in my room are finally down, but still no gaming for me.

Need to get out of bed @ 4 am for work.   :classic_unsure:

Longest time without gaming for me besides the time we are on vacation.  :classic_biggrin:

On 6/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, CaptainJack said:

Are you kidding me? there have been riots in the past when Bathhurst was left out of a game and Spa is the single most popular track.

Maybe we weren't as paranoid as we thought with some of their previous moves to destroy their own games. For reputation reasons maybe the powers that be will allow those tracks in F1 but no other Codemasters game.

I'd like to see Codemasters crowdfund a Game called "Lacetti" and make that the next Grid title. I'd definitely throw £50 at it as a gamble. It worked with Project Cars so why not with a Lacetti led Grid game.

Edit: 18:08: Shadow of the Tomb Raider was the game with Ray Tracing and Battlefield V also has it. RDR2 has Raymarching which is also a neat effect for all those atmospheric goodies.

Bathurst isn't an F1 track though. Silverstone is an F1 track and is in the game. So why no Spa or Bathurst? Like you say, I can only think they were trying to destroy their own game.

would understand if they dont want to fork out for licenses but then why only one sprint track, why no chicago, cost of licensing was just an excuse at launch to not bother to give the game any chance,  its like all the budget went on alonso and they just had to kick the game out the door and move on.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Crumplezone99 said:

Bathurst isn't an F1 track though. Silverstone is an F1 track and is in the game. So why no Spa or Bathurst? Like you say, I can only think they were trying to destroy their own game.

I referred to Bathurst because the exclusion of that one has been an issue in the past with one game although it might not have been a Codemasters game. But excluding Spa is completely ridiculous, back in Grid 1 we walked that track to learn every corner.

• Agree 1

On 7/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, CaptainJack said:

I referred to Bathurst because the exclusion of that one has been an issue in the past with one game although it might not have been a Codemasters game. But excluding Spa is completely ridiculous, back in Grid 1 we walked that track to learn every corner.

Hello Eras how are you !!

I start to believe grid1 was some kind of alien gift to codemasters... is impossible they really make it in 2008. :classic_biggrin: 

Hey dudes did you watch gamepla videos of the upcoming Pcars 3?? Looks a real good simcade to me , less sim that first 2 pcars games but i prefer simcades my self..The content is rich like over 50 locations=120 tracks in total and +200 cars.. Now we expect to see how MP is , last 2 pcars and also NFS Shift 1-2 had text chat i hope so pcars3 , SMS talks about new MP mode (hopefully will include mini events with rounds and not a single race like previous pcars games).

Grid 1 remastered is not gonna happen lets move on , so are you in for Pcars 3?

I would of settled to a sequel to autosport, maybe that is PC3 but it sure as heck wasn't grid 2019

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2020 at 12:00 AM, Miatakias_GR said:

Hey dudes did you watch gamepla videos of the upcoming Pcars 3?? Looks a real good simcade to me , less sim that first 2 pcars games but i prefer simcades my self..The content is rich like over 50 locations=120 tracks in total and +200 cars.. Now we expect to see how MP is , last 2 pcars and also NFS Shift 1-2 had text chat i hope so pcars3 , SMS talks about new MP mode (hopefully will include mini events with rounds and not a single race like previous pcars games).

Grid 1 remastered is not gonna happen lets move on , so are you in for Pcars 3?

PCARS 3 is just making debut nowdays and it's a great reference point for GRiD because we can realistically assess what level this class of games presents in the 2020 season. I don't know where they drew their stylistic inspiration from, but drivers' clothes and their silhouettes doesn't look good. donuts1.jpg.cfbf5c78efa45ba4207d2a49ab6d0d73.jpgdonuts2.jpg.beaf90755f60baaa9504576db18c42d8.jpg

On the plus side, you can see that there is more fun in the garage, but on the track, the graphics of the surroundings look more or less at the level of Grid, although this is only a superficial impression based on youtube. donuts3.jpg.2e62ee26f01146f0eca86a71ea185084.jpg

The sounding is interesting, as if it sped up some cheap toy cars with an electric motor, plus a bit cosmic electronic sounds. Listen from around 50:00 on this suspension work, it will take some getting used to 😉

The whole thing looks interesting, but I do not see any spectacular jump in relation to the GRiD. The driving model in the previous parts PCARS did not arouse admiration. We will see how it will be this time, but we can already see that Grid is a strong title in its class. I have an overwhelming impression that GRiD collided with a wave of malcontents, which largely influenced the most repeated first opinions. It is interesting to what extent it had an impact on the sales results and finally the abandonment of this title by CM after less than a year.

It's a pity because CM released a very playable car game and if there were new DLC seasons with new tracks and cars, it would win a lot of fans. If this game came out of a different dev mark and without the name Grid, it sure would be indicated today as a model of how a good racer should be, indicated by the same people who are so focused on spreading negative opinions 😕

This thesis about the negative impact of the lodge of scoffers seems to be correct in that Dirt5 is currently excluded from commenting section. So something's wrong with this community support/ communication / cooperation 😕

Edited by minetti

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, minetti said:

PCARS 3 is just making debut nowdays and it's a great reference point for GRiD because we can realistically assess what level this class of games presents in the 2020 season. I don't know where they drew their stylistic inspiration from, but drivers' clothes and their silhouettes doesn't look good. donuts1.jpg.cfbf5c78efa45ba4207d2a49ab6d0d73.jpgdonuts2.jpg.beaf90755f60baaa9504576db18c42d8.jpg

On the plus side, you can see that there is more fun in the garage, but on the track, the graphics of the surroundings look more or less at the level of Grid, although this is only a superficial impression based on youtube. donuts3.jpg.2e62ee26f01146f0eca86a71ea185084.jpg

The sounding is interesting, as if it sped up some cheap toy cars with an electric motor, plus a bit cosmic electronic sounds. Listen from around 50:00 on this suspension work, it will take some getting used to 😉

The whole thing looks interesting, but I do not see any spectacular jump in relation to the GRiD. The driving model in the previous parts PCARS did not arouse admiration. We will see how it will be this time, but we can already see that Grid is a strong title in its class. I have an overwhelming impression that GRiD collided with a wave of malcontents, which largely influenced the most repeated first opinions. It is interesting to what extent it had an impact on the sales results and finally the abandonment of this title by CM after less than a year.

It's a pity because CM released a very playable car game and if there were new DLC seasons with new tracks and cars, it would win a lot of fans. If this game came out of a different dev mark and without the name Grid, it sure would be indicated today as a model of how a good racer should be, indicated by the same people who are so focused on spreading negative opinions 😕

This thesis about the negative impact of the lodge of scoffers seems to be correct in that Dirt5 is currently excluded from commenting section. So something's wrong with this community support/ communication / cooperation 😕

I dont say that PC3 is the perfect game , it has probably downgraded graphics compare to PC2 (and PC2 has downgraded graphics compare PC1 , better driving though) ..

I agree that these suits are not so good , i think Forza games, The Crew 2 have this kind of suits but there are some pure motorsport suits and helmets to chose from..

Physics look simplified but all utubers say that the game feels way better on gamepad compare PC2... Personally i expect the game to be close to Toca 3 , easy enough to stay on track , competitive to master corners and you rarely lose the control that cost enough time ... Penalty system is like GAS (the car slows down itself for a particular time) colissions looks to be only visual , if you want to take a look at MP race watch below  video in 1:40.00 , looks smooth and competitive..

Definately i am gonna buy this game..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

Posted (edited)

no, I haven't written anywhere that you used the term perfect. 😉 you identified it as an interesting alternative and I agree. on the other hand, I look at the gameplay videos and don't see anything better than in the Grid. That's why I wonder why you would buy it even though the first materials resemble what we got in Grid, and the driving model has never been an advantage of this title, honestly and without second meaning. The only thing I'm missing in GRiD right now is the next seasons. I am generally happy that I have a lot of driving fun, so I play season after season. The Ultimate version brought a lot of content and significantly extended my fun with this title. After the end of the third season, I would like more to appear because this driving model suits me very well. Of course, I agree that the game could be even better, but the product met my expectations enough that I would like to extend it to play longer.

Unfortunately, it looks like the publisher abandoned this game quite early. I do not hide that the influence of the community, which instead of looking for positives, prefers to lash out with pixels comparisons and share frustration, could be significant. I know because I took part in it myself, instead of using the charms of the game which, as you can see, is at the level of products released almost a year later. Sad 😕

Edited by minetti

when i think of the grid series just 1 song keeps playing in my head over & over >>>

God save the Grid ..............is this stage 2 or final stage 3 of FlashStealth's 3 community stages ?

sarcasm is a thing of beauty !

Edited by OugaBooga
lol
  • Like 1

CEO's Should be replaced by golden pigeons.......Baaahhhh.

Edited by OugaBooga
  • Agree 1

On 8/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, minetti said:

I do not hide that the influence of the community, which instead of looking for positives, prefers to lash out with pixels comparisons and share frustration

Positives are positives, they don't need improvement. Why to pay attention to them? Weak sides are the ones that need enhancement!

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Positives are positives, they don't need improvement. Why to pay attention to them? Weak sides are the ones that need enhancement!

ok but criticism should be moderate as you can delve into it so much that it distorts the real picture. therefore, a public forum is not always the best place to build a better things based on criticism. it's easy to get a snowball efect when people had different expectations and emotions are popping up with disappointment

Edited by minetti

On 9/15/2020 at 6:20 PM, minetti said:

ok but criticism should be moderate as you can delve into it so much that it distorts the real picture. therefore, a public forum is not always the best place to build a better things based on criticism. it's easy to get a snowball efect when people had different expectations and emotions are popping up with disappointment

so what do you suggest ?  we hide in closets using our cellphones to "secretly" discuss ? 😅

• Haha 1